Car won't start...

jdlmkviii

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I went through my routine to pump gas at the local Texaco after work last night. I went to go in to pay, then when I got back into the car and tried starting it, it wouldn't do anything. Turn the egnition, I just get a silent little "click" and all the buttons light up and the stereo comes on. I know for a fact that my battery and alternator are perfectly fine. I have a remote starter, and tried that a few times, no luck either. Similar episodes have happen before, but in the past, if I fooled around with the shifter and remote starter, it would start after a while.... but no luck this time. The car is still sitting at texaco, but my buddy works there and he helped me push it to the side and out of the way.

so does this ring a bell for anyone? maybe the starter went bad? car computer went bad? maybe the remote starter unit it goin crazy?

P.S. nothing comes up on the message center

94_Linc_mk8 said:
check yor terminal connections on your battery

...Is exactly what I did... me and my dad went up this morning and jacked around with it. So I just kinda popped the hood open and jiggled the terminal wires a little bit.... and BAM! it started! So I think I could use new battery terminals and wires soon... LOL.... and thanks for the suggestion, I was so frustrated I couldn't think of that.

If the new battery terminals don't fix it, suspect the starter solenoid. Mine went out and had similar symptoms even with these terminals...

battery.jpg

Cold starts would be fine, but engine heat would soak the solenoid and it wouldn't start hot - like stopping at a gas station. I suspected everything but the starter solenoid at first. Eventually it got bad enough it wouldn't even start cold sometimes.

Hey driller, by the way, would you mind revealing where you got those terminals and wires? and an approximate cost?

Driller, did you get your battery at Wal-mart? If so, does it fit correctly in your car? I got the suggested battery from there a while ago, and it is very snug inside the battery tray, actually larger I think. I'm wondering if your's is the same as mine, because the one I have seems like it's one size to big, yet it's the one that was recommended on the little computer.

jdlmkviii said:
Hey driller, by the way, would you mind revealing where you got those terminals and wires? and an approximate cost?

Thanks for ordering from Darvex.com!

If you have any questions or need anything else just e-mail us at sales@darvex.com or view our information page. You will receive another email message when your order ships with your order tracking number and shipping information.

Order Number : 3637
Placed : 04/16/2003 22:58:42 EDT

Ship To: Bill To:
John A Peters John A Peters

Code Name Quantity Price/Ea. Total
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SXBT Stinger Expert Series Battery Terminal 2 $31.95 $63.90
Shipping: UPS Ground: $6.17
Sales Tax: $0.00
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total: $70.07

Thanks to Ray! :waving:

PioneerCrazed said:
Driller, did you get your battery at Wal-mart? If so, does it fit correctly in your car? I got the suggested battery from there a while ago, and it is very snug inside the battery tray, actually larger I think. I'm wondering if your's is the same as mine, because the one I have seems like it's one size to big, yet it's the one that was recommended on the little computer.

I don't have that one anymore, but yeah I remember it being a snug fit.

Members online

Back