Car Sold

if Richard Simmons was a car...he'd be a Solstice

what are you going to buy next...a convertible Beetle

ls72gokd0y.jpg

The wife and I traded in our "chick car" '95 BMW Z3 for our LS. Had to thou. We were having our first child.:rolleyes: Wish we still had it. It got great gas mileage.
Lol, I was going to include that one in my list, but I like it too much.
When the new beetle came out, I was all set to get one since I've always had a VW in the garage. When I went to the car show to see it, and it had a vase, with a friggin flower in it, I almost threw up. What that car could've been with a rear engine/drive platform!
Apologies to the OP for where this thread has wandered, but it is a fun topic.

I dont care how fast that thing is i still dont like it.

If anybody on here bought theyre LS for speed they have not driven a fast car before. Granted its no slug but its not a cobra either. I got a hell of a deal on mine and if i could do it all over again i would have bought the same car.

And Rollin since when are G37's/370Z's chick cars?? They are sports cars. Forged internals, rwd with 300 hp out of 6 cylinders. Huge aftermarket. All the features our LS's have. Not a chick car.

If anybody on here bought theyre LS for speed they have not driven a fast car before. Granted its no slug but its not a cobra either. I got a hell of a deal on mine and if i could do it all over again i would have bought the same car.

And Rollin since when are G37's/370Z's chick cars?? They are sports cars. Forged internals, rwd with 300 hp out of 6 cylinders. Huge aftermarket. All the features our LS's have. Not a chick car.

Hold up bro.:eek: Don't throw me under the bus for what someone else said.:runaway: That was 05 LS8 that made that post about the G37. I am innocent.:p

Lol, I was going to include that one in my list, but I like it too much.
When the new beetle came out, I was all set to get one since I've always had a VW in the garage. When I went to the car show to see it, and it had a vase, with a friggin flower in it, I almost threw up. What that car could've been with a rear engine/drive platform!
Apologies to the OP for where this thread has wandered, but it is a fun topic.

Our oldest daughter(the reason we traded n the Z3) saw pictures of our Z3. She asked why we got rid of it. I asked her "think you would have mind riding in the trunk as a baby?" She didn't like that joke much. But she loves Sally. Sally being the name she gave our LS.

The wife does miss it. Her '10 Camaro is killing her at the fuel pump.:lol: She wanted it.:rolleyes:

i always get mixed feelings from these threads lol

Love them because all the bashing discourage people from selling their LSes lol...or at least from posting back

and hate them because they effectively drive these members away lol I guess we won't be hearing from Lincoln on20z anymore.

As far as the OP goes. Sucks that you had to sell the LS and to see you go on such a bad note. Good luck with your new car.

...ohh and i really don't see g37's as chick cars. Certainly wouldn't be my first choice when shopping for a new car, but I wouldn't mind owning one.

I like the G37s but I've always seen them as chick cars. Everytime I see one here in SoCal there's some ditz with big shades and a cellphone strapped to her face with some stupid crap on the dash driving. Same with the Lexus IS 2/350s

Only see "older" gentlemne driving in my area.:confused:

Black, i have to say, this may be the first thing we disagreed on. lol

About the G37s - they are very luxurious, drive nice and look expensive. But, there is not a single thing about the car (mainly the coupes) that i personally find manly.
Just like you, i don't really care about the performance of vehicle if i don't like the looks.

On the other hand, the LS is a tough looking car and executive like in some ways. Looks classy and when someone sees you hopping out of it with a suit on, there whole thing just flows ya know.

I like the G37s but I've always seen them as chick cars. Everytime I see one here in SoCal there's some ditz with big shades and a cellphone strapped to her face with some stupid crap on the dash driving. Same with the Lexus IS 2/350s

I agree on the G37s, but not so much about the Lexus though.

Why come here and inform an LS community that you sold your LS and bought something other than another LS anyway?

Why come here and inform an LS community that you sold your LS and bought something other than another LS anyway?

To say goodbye?

Lincoln_on20z, good for you. I do not know about having one as my only vehicle, but the Kappa platform is a ton of fun and very capable. If you have not done so already, check out kappaperformance.com. There is tons of great information on there, and lots of folks that know a ton about these vehicles. There are other forums, but that is the independently run one that is overall the best.

As for doing an engine swap, you would be a lot better off starting with a N/A version. Wades Garage is a good resource if you get serious about it. However, there is tons of performance to be had out of it as it is. 300RWHP is easy enough in stock form, and 400 is a few easy bolt-ons away.

Enjoy it, and enjoy the different demographic of enthusiasts. I never can understand all of the "kids" on here that get so pissy and arrogant...we drive outdated, so-so performing luxury/sports sedans. Loving them is great, but being so derogatory towards a completely different genre of vehicle is just disappointing. Most of the Kappa folks are very different from that; some ways it is good, some ways not quite so good, but overall they are a great group of people. :cool: Just love what you have for what it is, and be happy with that!

Exactly

Hate these threads as well. Valid question by LS4me though:

Hey now! A recent post might shed some light on the subject...

I got my LS when I was 17 a day before I turned 18 was in Terre Haute Indiana and and some friends with me.... decided to show off for some girls in another car... and I guess I was doing 60 in a 40? oh well haha... I miss my car :(

Good luck with the new car. God knows I've had more than my share of Lincoln troubles.

Members online

No members online now.
Back