Car shakes in the morning?

91300zx

LVC Member
Reaction score
When I first start my 04 Lincoln ls V6 is the morning the whole car shakes. Didnt really think much about it but it seems to be getting worse. No check engine light is on and after it is fully warmed up it seems to start. It will not do it for the rest of the day but it will the next morning. Any ideas on what to check out first. Any input would be appreciated and thanks in advance. Seems like when I fix one thing something else starts to act up.

Check your PCV plumbing and intake plumbing. It's also possible that you need to replace the coils and plugs.

Seems like when I fix one thing something else starts to act up.

haha, I think everyone who has or does own an LS feels this way sometimes.

It's also possible that you need to replace the coils and plugs.

Possible but I'd say unlikely. When coils and plugs are bad it becomes more noticeable as the engine heats up, not less noticeable. I could be wrong though.

haha, I think everyone who has or does own an LS feels this way sometimes...

I don't. I've had good service from both of my LSes so far. (about 100K on one, 150K on the other)

All cars require some maintenance, nine year old ones even more.

I have the same issue, I noticed that my engine mounts were leaking the last time I was under the car and I'll be replacing them soon (full write-up to follow as well). I'm wondering if that is the problem with mine, I'll let you know when I'm finished.

haha, I think everyone who has or does own an LS feels this way sometimes.

You had your LS for what, 6 months? Hardly long enough to pass your bad "advise". I've owned LSes since the beginning (2000) and haven't had near the problems you had. I keep up regular maintenance and fix things as they fail. Yes, a car is a machine and things break, even your worshiped Benz. and when they fail they fail with a bank-loan bill!

2000 V6...... 178K miles: NO engine work, solenoid did fail ~90K miles, degas bottle and hydraulic pump (I still think regular fluid changes will prevent failure) a/c compressor, pcv hose, valve cover gaskets.

2006........... ~61K miles: alternator, rack & DCCV (under warranty).

2006........... ~106K miles: upper radiator hose & vacuum lines I broke.

With the exception of my upper radiator hose both '06s are on their original cooling system parts. I do expect to have to replace some parts sooner or later; but that's regular maintenance in my book. Additionally, all LSes have had coils and plugs as needed.

You had your LS for what, 6 months? Hardly long enough to pass your bad "advise". I've owned LSes since the beginning (2000) and haven't had near the problems you had. I keep up regular maintenance and fix things as they fail. Yes, a car is a machine and things break, even your worshiped Benz. and when they fail they fail with a bank-loan bill!

2000 V6...... 178K miles: NO engine work, solenoid did fail ~90K miles, degas bottle and hydraulic pump (I still think regular fluid changes will prevent failure) a/c compressor, pcv hose, valve cover gaskets.

2006........... ~61K miles: alternator, rack & DCCV (under warranty).

2006........... ~106K miles: upper radiator hose & vacuum lines I broke.

With the exception of my upper radiator hose both '06s are on their original cooling system parts. I do expect to have to replace some parts sooner or later; but that's regular maintenance in my book. Additionally, all LSes have had coils and plugs as needed.

6 months? Lol. Try 6 YEARS, buddy. Owned since 2006 with 60k miles on it. Even when it was properly maintained to a tee, things went wrong pretty often. At the time, we also had a 2004 3 Series, and even that gave less problems than the Lincoln did. It's just a fact. I don't know why people on here think I have a vendetta against the LS, lol. I'm just being honest. It's better than being in denial. And (clearly) we all have our own personal experiences. I'm not saying EVERYONE is bound to have as many issues as I did. If people would read before criticizing, you would see the word "SOMETIMES" somewhere in there..

6 months? Lol. Try 6 YEARS, buddy. Owned since 2006 with 60k miles on it. Even when it was properly maintained to a tee, things went wrong pretty often. At the time, we also had a 2004 3 Series, and even that gave less problems than the Lincoln did. It's just a fact. I don't know why people on here think I have a vendetta against the LS, lol. I'm just being honest. It's better than being in denial. And (clearly) we all have our own personal experiences. I'm not saying EVERYONE is bound to have as many issues as I did. If people would read before criticizing, you would see the word "SOMETIMES" somewhere in there..

6 years my a$$... unless you were real involved with your moms/roommates car at 12, i find that hard to agree with.

Why are you even still here... WE GET IT, YOU DIDN'T LIKE YOUR/MOM's LS!!! move on then!! go find a VW forum to push your unfounded opinions on. I'm sure you'll be well received there!!!

6 years my a$$... unless you were real involved with your moms/roommates car at 12, i find that hard to agree with.

Why are you even still here... WE GET IT, YOU DIDN'T LIKE YOUR/MOM's LS!!! move on then!! go find a VW forum to push your unfounded opinions on. I'm sure you'll be well received there!!!

I love people who talk upon things they don't know.. Oh the lovely people of the 21st century.. I picked out the car and I was 100% involved with it because it was bought to one day be mine. I know the person who bought it from me when I just sold it, would you like me to go get a picture of the title date saying Originally Issued in 2006? Do your big boy math and it'll come out to 6 years. Now shut the f*ck up and stop talking about sh*t you don't know. Pipe down buddy.

I love people who talk upon things they don't know.. Oh the lovely people of the 21st century.. I picked out the car and I was 100% involved with it because it was bought to one day be mine. I know the person who bought it from me when I just sold it, would you like me to go get a picture of the title date saying Originally Issued in 2006? Do your big boy math and it'll come out to 6 years. Now shut the f*ck up and stop talking about sh*t you don't know. Pipe down buddy.

Yes I can subtract,

SOOO, your mom bought a car 6 years ago, for her son, drove it for a couple years, let it fall apart, then let it sit for a year, All for you... and who has a pipe in their hand??? ...

Im not to concerned what a 17yo thinks about the 21 century... And get a picture of what??? a title with your mom's name on it... Tell you what, move out of her basement, join the real world, and then you can run you (recently passifiered mouth) little buddy... And easy with the grown up words, before you get grounded for the weekend

Yes I can subtract,

SOOO, your mom bought a car 6 years ago, for her son, drove it for a couple years, let it fall apart, then let it sit for a year, All for you... and who has a pipe in their hand??? ...

Im not to concerned what a 17yo thinks about the 21 century... And get a picture of what??? a title with your mom's name on it... Tell you what, move out of her basement, join the real world, and then you can run you (recently passifiered mouth) little buddy... And easy with the grown up words, before you get grounded for the weekend

1) She didn't let it sit for a year. She upgraded from it early and I wanted it so rather than sell it, it sat until I could drive. Genius.

2) I'm 18.

3) No a title with MY name on it. Transferred from my mom and it says "Original Issue Date: 2006"

4) We don't have basements in Florida. Genius Statement #2

5) I don't live with my mom. I did join the real world hence why I needed a new car to do the job rather than something breaking every 3rd day. I work, pay my own bills, and bought my own car. I'd consider myself pretty advanced in comparison to your average "little buddy".

6) I can say what I want, pal.

... I needed a new car to do the job rather than something breaking every 3rd day. ...

The point is that you had an LS is very bad condition. I don't know if that was because of neglect of some other reason. You seem to think that it was the norm for this car.

I have two that are well maintained and hardly need more attention than two oil changes a year. Neither have ever left me stranded, and both are very reliable. Both are used daily.

I recently bought a used 325i that required a lot of time and parts to bring its maintenance up to date. Now that it is, I expect it to be reliable and little trouble as well. I'm sure that the previous owner was unhappy with it because it certainly wasn't reliable when I bought it.

Any neglected car will not be reliable, and any car that is "breaking every 3rd day" is neglected.

The point is that you had an LS is very bad condition. I don't know if that was because of neglect of some other reason. You seem to think that it was the norm for this car.

I have two that are well maintained and hardly need more attention than two oil changes a year. Neither have ever left me stranded, and both are very reliable. Both are used daily.

I recently bought a used 325i that required a lot of time and parts to bring its maintenance up to date. Now that it is, I expect it to be reliable and little trouble as well. I'm sure that the previous owner was unhappy with it because it certainly wasn't reliable when I bought it.

Any neglected car will not be reliable, and any car that is "breaking every 3rd day" is neglected.

Joe, I know my LS was in bad condition. It's no secret. People like Rell (apparently) have trouble reading and I have never once said that the LS was a bad car. I'v actually complimented it's reliability countless times. It had 179k miles on it and ran strong. I was personally sick of dealing with it so I made the personal choice to move on from it. I clearly knew nothing about cars when I was 12, and as I grew older and the family cycled through more cars, I learned that I liked German cars. Also, to date, we had the LS longer than we've owned any other car. It had higher miles than any other car we owned, so clearly, it's more problematic. I don't talk out of my a$s, I only speak from my knowledge and experiences. So people are taking what I say the wrong way.

As far as the 325i goes - We had a 2004 3 Series. Beautiful car, low miles, drove like a dream but didn't take long for things to start going wrong. I can't stress enough how much I absolutely love BMW, but they aren't the most reliable machines on the road, as I'm sure you know. But I hope it doesn't give you troubles!

1) She didn't let it sit for a year. She upgraded from it early and I wanted it so rather than sell it, it sat until I could drive. Genius.

Oh, my bad

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=82027

I'm going to try to change the spark plugs and see what happens.. I'm 17 and the car was sitting for literally a year and now I have it so I'm just learning all of this.

2) I'm 18.

whoops, i forgot your birthday was a few weeks ago...

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=86316

I turned 18 literally last week, so had to start somewhere!

3) No a title with MY name on it. Transferred from my mom and it says "Original Issue Date: 2006"

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?p=2037236466

My mom bought this car in 2006 with 63k miles on it, ran up the miles to like 160k and gave it to me, lol!

4) We don't have basements in Florida. Genius Statement #2

Oh, heres a few

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Orlando_FL/pfbm-20000?source=web

5) I don't live with my mom. I did join the real world hence why I needed a new car to do the job rather than something breaking every 3rd day. I work, pay my own bills, and bought my own car. I'd consider myself pretty advanced in comparison to your average "little buddy".

6) I can say what I want, pal.
Apparently true, you can... you have the whole time...Little buddy

Dunn,
I think the point is you should keep your LS related "advice" to yourself. Its clear from your time here that you are not in the position to give it, and much less contradict or challenge what someone like Joe says.

At any rate the fact that "you like german cars" and own one (at least in design) and yet you still come around shows that at least at some point you liked the LS and I can appreciate that.

Hope you understand and have no hard feelings...

We don't have basements in SOUTHERN Florida. Better? I'v never been in a house in Florida with a basement.

Again, inability to read, transferred from my moms name to mine.

Also, inability to comprehend - (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/comprehend?s=t) <-- Just in case you needed help on that one.

She bought it. Drove it. Got a new car. Parked it. Gave it. Transferred it. Drove it. Bought myself a new car. Sold LS. Realized Rell here has trouble with reading/comprehension.

More clear for you?

I could be wrong though.

In response to your 1st paragraph. Just in case you didn't catch that part.

Dunn,
I think the point is you should keep your LS related "advice" to yourself. Its clear from your time here that you are not in the position to give it, and much less contradict or challenge what someone like Joe says.

At any rate the fact that "you like german cars" and own one (at least in design) and yet you still come around shows that at least at some point you liked the LS and I can appreciate that.

Hope you understand and have no hard feelings...

In response to your second paragraph: The "(at least in design)" comment applies in no way, shape, or form.

I have driven the following German cars:

- 2004 BMW 3 Series
- 2004 Audi A4
- 2005 Mercedes C-Class
- 2010 Mercedes S-Class
- 2001 VW Jetta (Base)
- 2007 VW Jetta 2.5
- 2011 VW Jetta 2.5 (Personal Car)
- 2012 VW Jetta GLI

That's a pretty wide variety of German car, don't you think? They all have the same "feel" when you drive them. So in accordance to what you said, I believe that comment should have been kept to yourself because you don't have experience in the car.

Also, I do have the utmost respect for the LS (probably can quote me saying that at least 3 times on here). I loved it and I still love them. What I don't love or appreciate is people under estimating my knowledge because of my age. I've always loved cars and, like I said above, I speak from personal experience. So I only comment with my personal experience, not guesses.

In response to your 1st paragraph. Just in case you didn't catch that part.

In response to your second paragraph: The "(at least in design)" comment applies in no way, shape, or form.

I have driven the following German cars:

- 2004 BMW 3 Series
- 2004 Audi A4
- 2005 Mercedes C-Class
- 2010 Mercedes S-Class
- 2001 VW Jetta (Base)
- 2007 VW Jetta 2.5
- 2011 VW Jetta 2.5 (Personal Car)
- 2012 VW Jetta GLI

That's a pretty wide variety of German car, don't you think? They all have the same "feel" when you drive them. So in accordance to what you said, I believe that comment should have been kept to yourself because you don't have experience in the car.

Also, I do have the utmost respect for the LS (probably can quote me saying that at least 3 times on here). I loved it and I still love them. What I don't love or appreciate is people under estimating my knowledge because of my age. I've always loved cars and, like I said above, I speak from personal experience. So I only comment with my personal experience, not guesses.
Lol you're proving what the guys here are saying about you. Acting like an immature kid, trying to pick fights with everybody.

I may not have experience in that generation Jetta, but I did own an MKIV not too along ago so I'm actually more knowledgeable about VW than you may think. I was actually very deep into the VW/Audi scene before coming here. Anyway, what I meant by "in design" is it's designed by a German automaker, but where is it assembled? Check your sticker. Just because you've "driven" a car doesn't mean you know sh1t about it.

Lol you're proving what the guys here are saying about you. Acting like an immature kid, trying to pick fights with everybody.

I may not have experience in that generation Jetta, but I did own an MKIV not too along ago so I'm actually more knowledgeable about VW than you may think. I was actually very deep into the VW/Audi scene before coming here. Anyway, what I meant by "in design" is it's designed by a German automaker, but where is it assembled? Check your sticker. Just because you've "driven" a car doesn't mean you know sh1t about it.

I'm not trying to pick fights. It's actually the opposite. I didn't say anything to any of you guys. The correspondence was actually with Joe, and everyone else just have to add in their 2 cents before learning how to comprehend what I even said. CLEARLY, Joe comprehended what I said to HIM (not anyone else, HIM) because he's not the one with the problem right now.

Its all good.. Im not to worried about it (HIM..) .. He's got a lot to turn. Funny the guy who couldn't change a spark plug when he first showed up here is now an expert on all makes and models (insert Dunn smart ass quote:)

I'm sure HE'LL be gone soon... My fault for helping him in the past I guess

Members online

Back