Can Anyone Beat This?

StrykerV8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Started a new job recently, 35 miles one way, half 55 mph city interstate and 70 mph highway. Highest Ive ever seen in 8 years of owning Marks.

markviiigas.jpg

What does your average say?

So far, I can only squeeze out about 340?? I do about 75-80 on the highway most of the time.

My average right now is 19.8 MPG.

my best in my 98 lsc i managed coming home from north carolina the car hit 32.4 for around 100 miles or so i took a pic but dont feel like digging it up. my 97 would just make most of you laugh anyway lol. that thing is horrible.

My average is pretty ridonkulous. I reset it every week but every friday when I get home its anywhere from 28-29. Ill get consistent 33-34 instant cruising at 55 and about 30-31 cruising at 75. I drive it pretty easy though when I get these averages as you can tell.

Last year in the convertible on the way home from carlisle mine was over 500, but I dont remember how much. I thought I had a picture of it, but cant seem to find it.

I am ecstatic with 23.1 on my way to the dragstrip.

Last edited:
this may sound weird but i was getting 18 to 19 mpg at 78.Where i live it is 45 miles to the main city.Yesterday i removed the air silencer and had to add some royal purple ice car is starting to overheat or close to it.Drove 55 miles to the tire shop and averaged 23 to 25 mpg it was 103 here today.

I was at 18-19mpg, now I am at 15-16mpg.

Wow you guys get killer mileages. Best I ever saw was with my 97 and it would stay at 380 miles per tank. Now I get excited when I see 300 miles on one. :lol:
Guess I need to stop doing 90 on the back roads and setting the cruise to 82 on the highways.

this may sound weird but i was getting 18 to 19 mpg at 78.Where i live it is 45 miles to the main city.Yesterday i removed the air silencer and had to add some royal purple ice car is starting to overheat or close to it.Drove 55 miles to the tire shop and averaged 23 to 25 mpg it was 103 here today.

Well I guess I should start doing things to my car such as removing the silencer too. I totally forgot about that.

I'm more than happy with my mileage. 60 mile trip to Helena (Rocky Mountains) with the cruise set at 80 saw my mileage stay at just over 30 mpg. And that's with the constant grades and elevation changes, speedo only fluctuated 3MPH from 80 at any time.
I don't ever want another car.

I drive 19 miles each way to work, and my average stays around 19mpg. If I drive stop and go, it goes down 17.5 to 18.5mpg. Sometimes I wonder if the 18's is the cause of the low mileage.

I drive 19 miles each way to work, and my average stays around 19mpg. If I drive stop and go, it goes down 17.5 to 18.5mpg. Sometimes I wonder if the 18's is the cause of the low mileage.

I would blame the wheels. When I went to Jamies to pick up the 18's, I was getting around 26 mpg @ 70 mph. On the way home with the stock wheels in tow on my little trailer, it never went over 23 mpg. I believe that all the compliments I get on my car since the wheels were installed far outweighs the loss of fuel mileage. If I want good fuel mileage, I take the 93. The same trip home from Jamies when I bought it doing 70 mph gave me 29.8 mpg. I love that car!

I was going to bring something like this thread up a while ago. My 96' averaged up to 25mpg quite often but my 98' I am lucky to get 21 or 20 on the same trip :confused:

Heck when I went to AC to look at a T-type I got 475 miles out of a tank of gas in my 96' :D

I think I could use some new O2 sensors in the 98' when I find a set cheap enough and that are not Bosch :shifty:

Mine averages 415 miles per tank fill. And the car is stock, just normal synthetic oil changes and tune ups done, and I am anal when it comes to that, it is scheduled everytime without fail.

Those of you with 500+ "miles to empty" appear to be driving older Marks. Do you by chance have the Z2 computer with the more aggressive tune?

Those of you with 500+ "miles to empty" appear to be driving older Marks. Do you by chance have the Z2 computer with the more aggressive tune?

Nope, car is stock with the addition of 17s. Shes only got around 65k miles on her though and I just did a complete tune up of everything 3000 miles ago.

I beat you by 12 miles.:D

Aw! Lol very impressive, looks like I have a new goal this week :D

I know on the 1st gen I have owned you could reset it while coasting down a hill and get big numbers. But for me none of them did better than 30 mpg on a full trip.

on a trip I've averaged 31 and that was for around 300 miles or so. Traveling along the coast of Michigan driving around 60 the whole way until I hit traffic on the highway. I love the mileage of the car but I am tired of not being able to see at night :(. I think I'll be looking for a new car next year...

Members online

No members online now.
Back