calling all LS Owners

they did have a MAF that they re-tuned - IIRC they dropped it in 2002 when there was no demand for them.

I could understand how there would have been low demand back then but I think they were just premature with their product. First off since there had only been 3 years of production at that point there were obviously fewer cars on the road. Also as these LS's age they are finding their ways in to the hands of more and more teens and young adults-the people who just love to mod their cars. It's unfortunate they didn't delay things a little bit perhaps and we might have had a different outcome, oh well.

Okay gang, the contact at GMS has a set of pre-production coils to test and finalize.
I've sent GMS Contact information to a member who is local to Oxnard, hopefully he can allow them access to his ls.

Hopefully the design will not need much work to go to full production and then we can get GMS working on the V6 design.

So hang in there. We are so close to getting good COP's.

Damn... I thought I was going to be the test mule! Been runnin on 3 cylinders since I sent you those 5 crappy ones :D

well if your only running on three cylinders, how the heck were you going to get it to Oxnard???!?!!?

I'm just really pumped that we have gotten GMS to the point of needed a car to to the final fit and finish bit along with the testing so they can go to full production.

Heck, its not like these COP's are gonna help me right now, I've got a V6 and need to get GMS moving on my COP's.

I think they use the same COP for all years LS... V8 that is.

FWIW... JES_LS... I updated your thread at LLSOC with a little bit of hopefull info.

Oh great a legacy part with issues. Well I kind of found out about these a little late. I got rid of my 00 back in 05 and recently bought another LS after wrecking my G35.

Is there an interest list to sin up for still or are they over that now?

Autozone lists the following coils for the following years:

Visteon Ignition Coil P/N 60-1008 for the 2000 - 2005 V8 LS.

Duralast Ignition Coil P/N C1234 for the 2000-2003 V8 LS

Nothing listed for 2006

PartsAmerica.com lists 6 types of coils for the 2000-2002's, 4 types of coils for the 2003, and two for the 2005.

Niehoff PN WA2238 and Standard Motor Products PN FD506 are listed for every year.

I'm thinking that these HD coils by GMS will work for every year V8 LS... and T-Bird, and S-Type...

I think they use the same COP for all years LS... V8 that is.

FWIW... JES_LS... I updated your thread at LLSOC with a little bit of hopefull info.

Thanks Mike,
After all the crap I got over there in PM's for saying what I thought about ford's design, I just dropped them from the loop. I just figured that the people who really were into their cars like you and few others would find out from here.

Oh great a legacy part with issues. Well I kind of found out about these a little late. I got rid of my 00 back in 05 and recently bought another LS after wrecking my G35.

Is there an interest list to sin up for still or are they over that now?

Noah I have kept an email folder of everyone who sent me an email.
I even have emails from Tbird and s-type owners who want them.
When the cops become available, I will email the pricing and ordering information to all of these people first and then general posting on the seven lists that I have contacted with regard to our coil issues.

The V8's are very close, so now we need to get them to do the V6 pieces.

Noah I have kept an email folder of everyone who sent me an email.
I even have emails from Tbird and s-type owners who want them.
When the cops become available, I will email the pricing and ordering information to all of these people first and then general posting on the seven lists that I have contacted with regard to our coil issues.

The V8's are very close, so now we need to get them to do the V6 pieces.

splndid. My 03 LS V8 is in the shop as of last week for service. I really didn't think it was the coil(s) but as it turned out it is. The service advisor says that there is a recall, yes recall, for the issue. I tried finding the info on the recall yesterday but could not. I just got in from a cruise and havent had a chance to follow up with my SA to get more info.

Do you know if the folks at GMS do coils for Navigators? My new neighbor has a 99 Navigator and has been in the shop for a coil problem once and appears to be in the same situtation again. Rather than go to the dealer for this again I am going to help him with the labor. If we can get gms parts for this he is definitely willing to go the route with them.

He paid 2000 dollars for the last repair and it was one, yes 1, coil. What a flippin' rip off!

splndid. My 03 LS V8 is in the shop as of last week for service. I really didn't think it was the coil(s) but as it turned out it is. The service advisor says that there is a recall, yes recall, for the issue. I tried finding the info on the recall yesterday but could not. I just got in from a cruise and havent had a chance to follow up with my SA to get more info.

Do you know if the folks at GMS do coils for Navigators? My new neighbor has a 99 Navigator and has been in the shop for a coil problem once and appears to be in the same situtation again. Rather than go to the dealer for this again I am going to help him with the labor. If we can get gms parts for this he is definitely willing to go the route with them.

He paid 2000 dollars for the last repair and it was one, yes 1, coil. What a flippin' rip off!

GMS should, they should be the same for 5.4 as 4.6 and they make them for 2v,3v and 4v modulars.

Hows this coming? I want to change my plugs before I start hitting the 1/4mile again and would just assume put these in right away.

Lincoln Extends Warranty On Coils To 100K miles Or 10 years!!!!

For us 2003 and up LS owners Ford has stepped up to the plate and extended the Warranty on coils and the wiper motor bracket seal. This seal leaks water into the engine compartment directly onto the coils. They are covered for 100K miles or 10 years!
This just came out 7-3-2007. It is listed under two different "Customer Satisfaction Program" numbers. 07N09 is for the wiper motor bracket seal. 07M07 is for the coils AND valve cover gaskets!!! FMC will pay for the parts and labor. Covers water or oil leaking into the coils.

Did not know if everyone was aware yet? This is still pretty new!

Still awaiting word on when they are done... if you have any updates, lemmie hav'em!!!

Members online

Back