calling all LS Owners

JES_LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Today I spoke with my contact at GMS. He says that the design study is done and it is do able.
The only hold up with the team is the engineers want to be convinced that they would sell.

to that end he suggested that if I could you guys to send me a short little "Yes" email simply stating that you would like to by HD coils for your car and which engine your car has then they will be able to see that they can really sell the coils. I'll forward the mails to GMS, and try to keep some sort of running total for us.

Infact lets make this easy make the subject line "Yes, I want HD coils" and I set up a filter to catch these quickly.

I'm also going to post this on LLSOC.

If one of our s-type jag owners and any member of the Tbird lists could post this over there and have them shoot the email to me, I'll be glad to tally them and forward them to GMS as well. And if I'm missing any particular group please let me know and I work out how to get their votes as well.

this is it folks, If we ask enough, they will build them.

Thanks

Joey in the interest of getting as many mails as possible to GMS can we get a sticky on this post.

I thoguth that I read somewhere that GMS sells a set of 8 coils for the Mustang for about $600... or $75 a coil. There'd ovbiously be a difference for the V6 crowd.

When you send an email to JES_LS (when he posts it) please also indicate your motor... and probaby year of car as well.

Me too, price is a big issue and just how good are these going to be?

It looks like these are almost twice as much as the FoMoCo coils, but the fact that he has GMS interested in building a performance part is worth supporting all by itself. I'm not in the market for new coils (Lincoln's responsible for them for the foreseeable future), but I'm thinking about e-mailing him anyway, so there's a chance they'll be available if/when I need them.

Thanks SoonerLS.

Yeah I don't have pricing, and the performance increase in the engine is unknown.
It is known that the ford COP's are not consistant and the 20kv rating is not all that great to begin with.
the GMS units should be between 50 and 60Kv based on their other COP's.

60Kv everytime it fires not 20Kv every now and again.

By the way, My email is in profile and not blocked.

Well my email is
JESheldahl@verizon.net

I'm not asking you to promise to buy them or anything like that.
But if you are going to keep your LS for a while think about this. If the cop's fail under warantee and the dealer just replaces them with same (which they do), what are you going to later when the next set fails.

If we vote now we can get them produced, then when your cops fail (which I'm thinking they will sooner or later) would you want to by the OEM Male Bovine Fecal Product or a Heavy Duty Coils.

Hey Ken, do you think that you could contact them and try to get some info about maybe being a dealer for these coils??

JES_LS said:
Well my email is
JESheldahl@verizon.net

I'm not asking you to promise to buy them or anything like that.
But if you are going to keep your LS for a while think about this. If the cop's fail under warantee and the dealer just replaces them with same (which they do), what are you going to later when the next set fails.

If we vote now we can get them produced, then when your cops fail (which I'm thinking they will sooner or later) would you want to by the OEM Male Bovine Fecal Product or a Heavy Duty Coils.

Hey Ken, do you think that you could contact them and try to get some info about maybe being a dealer for these coils??

If mine ever fail I will get them replaced under warranty. After that I would consider these parts. Will they work on an 03?

Kelleyo said:
If mine ever fail I will get them replaced under warranty. After that I would consider these parts. Will they work on an 03?
yeah, the coils cover all the years as far as I go. there is one model for the V6 and one for the V8.

The fact that both engines have a history of having them fail is why I started looking for someone in the aftermarket to make HD units.

I'd be interested if the price wasnt rediculous. We just have to wait and see.

Hey gang, I keep seeing the same things,
'if its cheap enough, I would buy them'

the problem with that is this, GMS is not going to prototype and built the coils unless they think there is any market.
They did not even know that LS's had any issues with COP's or that the Tbirds and S-type Jags share the same coils.

So its like this, If you have any interest in HD coils existing for the LS engines, then send me an email.
This is not a commitment to buy them, this is only a statement of interest.
If they coils are too expensive for you, then no one is going to buy them.
But when the oem coils list for 69(V6) and 100(V8) and are nothing but the same crap, I think there would be value in the HD's

J3FF said:
I'd be interested if the price wasnt rediculous. We just have to wait and see.

Just wondering what you think is a rediculous price. Hell, I think replacing 5 or 6 coils (that are only going to fail again) is pretty rediculous to start.

Well so far so good, I have forwarded the mails that I have gotten.
I hope to see some v6 owners soon.

Hey V6 people, I'm getting a fair amount of responses from the V8 people, but only like two from V6 owners.

Since we have different COP's then the V8 people, we need your emails as well to convince GMS to make coils for us.

Thanks gang.

JES_LS said:
Most definitely! If it something that would be better than stock and perform better I'd be more than happy to be a dealer for GMS. Shoot me an email with your contacts name and I'll see what I can do.

don't stop now

pour it on people. My contact tells me that he floored his engineers with the responses. They still doubted him and this seems to be convincing them. Keep the emails comming.

Also more V6's would help, but they are considering both at this time.

Thank you

Email sent, hope this goes through thanks

24 responses from this list (and probably another handful that I can't match to user on either group).
Much better than LLSOC.
I have none fromTbirds or Jag owners,

But I think it might work since we only represent a portion of LS/Tbird/Stype owners.

It certainly seems to making GMS engineers take a serious look at us.

My buddy from the LLSOC, T-bird and Jag forums gave me a few links to their related forums. I don't have the time to get in touch with all of them so I'll forward thos links to you tomarrow.

Members online

No members online now.
Back