C12 Race Fuel

chance70357

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone tried using c12 gas in there ls.
I was bring my Dakota with a 440 in it to the track to race and i have 15 gallons left and wanted to put it in my 2004 LS V8.

It say to use 91 or high octane nd c12 is like 108 - 112 octane

has anyone tried this r do u guys think it would work out

my dakota gained over 50hp from pump gas to c12

do u think it would make a diff in the ls

Sure, go ahead an fill 'er up.

Then save for some O2 sensors because they will go south on you. Why will your O2 Sensors go south much sooner than before running "race" gas? Well, if you don't know, then you probably shouldn't put it in your LS.

And learn how to write properly,while you're at it.

Don't do it, a nice coating of lead is not what your cats/sensors need. If you want to play with some high octane for fun, like a dyno/track day for your LS, etc., VP has some great no-lead race fuel.
With your LS's timing map it won't do any good after a certain point anyway.
Now, add a turbo and lots of boost and it's a different story...

all higher octane fuel does is resist denotation more. You car will not naturally make use of that ability. The only way is to tune the car for it.

Because my tune is fairly aggressive---due to my use of methanol as fuel with the spray system---I put five gallons of 116 into a half-tank of 93 when running at Maxton. Cats seem unharmed and I've never had any observable detonation. Going for 146 K miles within the next week or so.

Ks

all higher octane fuel does is resist denotation more. You car will not naturally make use of that ability. The only way is to tune the car for it.

Just quoting for truth.

i have the sct programmer on my car but do u think if i was to get a program just for that that it would make a diff r not enough to talk about

my truck old school theres no computer all u need to do is time it right and make a pass down the track pull the number one plug and see if it rich or lean and rejet the carb after

on my car i went to a local sct dealer and they set up the progammer and set it on performance

to me its alot more easyer to do a old school carb motor takes me 15 min to rejet my holly carb just every time u rejet it u need to run it stop pull plug and check

I get looking at the plugs to determine AFR - but how did you determine the advance? the only reason to run higher octane gas it because you increased compression, boost, cylinder heat or you were timing retarded and needed room on detonation.

well it is high compressions 12-1 i have to retard the timing to run pump gas so i can drive it on the highway and not pay 9bucks a gall for race gas but it droped my hp to 502hp so when i go to the track and put c12 i advance my timing to 38deg and pick up on the dyno from 502 to 554hp and 734lb of torque

The grammer and spelling is obnoxious. The fact that you can barely compose a sentence makes me doubt you're close to capable of tuning an engine. And why would you want to run race gas in your LS? If I am correct, race fuel is far from cheap. I hate just driving around on premium gas.

alot of people cant spell i suck at it i know but i dont need ppl telling me that i need to spell i dont say anything about anyone else stuff all i wanted to do is ask a ? and find stuff out but some of u people cant just take that u got to make fun of other people and for ur info i can tune motor im on 22 years old and didnt finish school. And this is my first car that is not in a mopar family.

I might be young but i smart when it come to mopar i build my dakota my self from ground up this year and i cant complain about it how many 22 year old has a truck running 9.56 in a 1/4 at 156.4mph and can say they did it them self

so stop judging people just cause they cant type right or put a sentance together properly

this form is made to ask ? and help out other ls owners with problems r ? they might have am i right r what it not made to talk bad about people

alot of people cant spell i suck at it i know but i dont need ppl telling me that i need to spell i dont say anything about anyone else stuff all i wanted to do is ask a ? and find stuff out but some of u people cant just take that u got to make fun of other people and for ur info i can tune motor im on 22 years old and didnt finish school. And this is my first car that is not in a mopar family.

An fer ur infermashion wee kan make fun of ur lac of riting skilz.

And you can tune a motor? Ok... Any pinhead with the right software and a serial to USB cable can "tune" a motor. Not many pinheads can properly tune a motor.

It's simple, really. You want to be taken seriously, yet you can't even legibly (that means good) write a simple sentence.

And to make matters worse, somehow, you found a way to get on the Internet.

I might be young but i smart when it come to mopar i build my dakota my self from ground up this year and i cant complain about it how many 22 year old has a truck running 9.56 in a 1/4 at 156.4mph and can say they did it them self

And I know an 18 year old that has a Bugatti Veyron which he bought with his OWN money. WTF is your point? Who gives a rats ass that you can build a 440CI mopar to make 500+ HP? Big deal. And incidentally, try 673HP out of a 440CI MOPAR. Naturally Aspirated.

Building an engine is not rocket science... as proven by the fact that even you can build one. Do they have engine building picture books with pop-ups and all, for people like you?

so stop judging people just cause they cant type right or put a sentance together properly

Judging? You? Crack'a, please! We ain't judgin' you. We makin' fun of you.

this form is made to ask ? and help out other ls owners with problems r ? they might have am i right r what it not made to talk bad about people

No, jackass. This forum is not to ask question marks. It's also not here to "help" anyone and everyone who just comes in demanding answers.

This forum is a community. The members of LvC are a tight knit group. We squabble, we argue and sometimes we even agree, but in the end, we all try to help each other if we can.

However, in your illiterate (that means "can't rite gud") case, we'll just make fun of you because we kan... err. can.

Go get yourself a copy of Hooked on Phonics. I fear the copy you have is the pirated Chinese version, called Hukd on fonix. Not the same...

Seriously... www.hookedonphonics.com . Click on it.

Right on the Quick reply or Go Advanced message box is a spell check on the right side of the tool bar, easy to use.

How hard is it to write complete sentences??

Whats so difficult about grammar?

it was just always hard for me to under stand it i cant help it its not like i am trying to do it on purpose i had a really bad child hood that always had my bouncing around. I just wish people could just accept me for me no matter how i talk or wright

Let's move along folks..

Chance, just consider this hazing-
don't take it too personally.
Most of us have been harassing and insulting each other here for many years now.

Members online

No members online now.
Back