C&L MAF housing?

MarkVIII93 said:
... I have also heard that when you twist the maf it will run better/worse.

True.

Make SURE you have no air leaks downstream past the MAF!

I took the positive terminal off and it runs a lot better now. It only chugged from idle to 2000RPM 1 time. The CEL came on and turned off. It did that about 5 or 6 times.

MarkVIII93 said:
Ok, I have the stock electronics on and at first it started then stalled, Did it one more time, it started but idled high(1100RPM) and rough, then all off a sudden it started running fine.

I thought you had the stock electronics on the meter already when I posted. No wonder it would not run.

Is the 5.0 80mm housing the exact same as the 4.6 80mm housing? Will a sample tube for the 4.6 housing fit on the 5.0 housing?

MarkVIII93 said:
Nope. There is nothing on the tube nor is it a certain color.

Oh.
If you can get me the accurate dimensions of the ID of the tube and Ill match it up so you know what your running. In the mean time go back to stock.

Its not worth messing up something if you may not know what's in there.

I already put all the stock stuff back on. Ill probably just sell this maf w/ filter on ebay for 100 bucks or something. And then just buy the LMS kit.

MarkVIII93 said:
I already put all the stock stuff back on. Ill probably just sell this maf w/ filter on ebay for 100 bucks or something. And then just buy the LMS kit.

Or you could just measure it and buy a tube?

I noticed that when i had the bigger Maf and a conical filter that the TB tube was unusually cold. Before it was almost always warm, Must be the super high-flow filter from autozone. It was like 24 bucks and it came with this rings that you put in the filter to make it fit different size Mafs. I took them off and put them on the TB tube side to act as the O-ring adapter. What EXACTLY would I have to do to measure it?

ONEBADMK8 said:
Good Gawd their prices are ripoff!!!! I sell the tubes for $21.00 shipped!

That's much better. I paid $30 for the 30 lb tube on my 73 MM MAF back in 1999.

95LSC32V said:
Scott, when are you going to put the C&L on your car?

As soon as I get the rest of the things I need (the filter and icebox) from Geno, hopefully in the next few days.

21 shipped!?! That sounds like a good deal. So would I need the black tube(105) or the blue tube(102)?

I have money right now for the sample tube. I just need to know the exact one that will make my car run VERY SLIGHTLY leaner than stock.

MarkVIII93 said:
I have money right now for the sample tube. I just need to know the exact one that will make my car run VERY SLIGHTLY leaner than stock.

You need the black tube and call me up at 1 856 456 3605 from 9 am to 5 pm est to place the order.

Members online

No members online now.
Back