Bye MarkVIII, replacement pic inside!!

Another mark cast aside for dreams of easy horse power :(

Next thing you know your gonna trade off you kid for some migrant worker kid cause he looks like he can cut the lawn faster.

L8tr have fun in the cobra forums. Say high to the other 600,000 cobra owners for me.:D

Another mark cast aside for dreams of easy horse power :(

Next thing you know your gonna trade off you kid for some migrant worker kid cause he looks like he can cut the lawn faster.

L8tr have fun in the cobra forums. Say high to the other 600,000 cobra owners for me.:D

lol so funny but sooooo true!!!

its still a nice looking cobra. Ive drove a couple 03's back when they were new, the black vert was the most fun (dealership employed has its perks) always liked the mystic color scheme and the matching inserts in the interior were a nice touch

Funny thing I was actually going to supercharge the Mark. When I started adding it all up, over $10k to do it right it's not worth it. Not to turn it around in a year for big loss.

Yes I got easy RELIABLE horsepower.

Yes 600,000 Mustangs but only 999 other '03-'04 Mystic Cobra Coupes.:p

Monster,
I didn't understand your comment on the $7k not being in stone..........the deal is done, got $7k for it.

Monster,
I didn't understand your comment on the $7k not being in stone..........the deal is done, got $7k for it.

They 'showed' you $7K in trade. Ie:

$18,000 for the Cobra
$ 7,000 for the Mark
$11,000 difference
How much markup in the Cobra? Who cares as long as the price you were paying for the Cobra was fair to you, alls well. My guess is that they 'booked' considerably less on the trade or really stepped up and put a bigger number on the trade because they wanted to move the Cobra. The numbers are always played with. Not as common on new cars because of the limited markup nowadays.

congrats and good luck with yer new ride !!!!!and the other 600.000 just means a steady supply line of cheap used parts for you

Monster,

I didn't walk in a dealer to buy. It was a private sale through a company that buys cars at auction (Not the Cobra, its was the owners car) and resells them. I found the listing with their asking price, I then asked if they were interested in a trade. When I told them what I had they said yes, the price never changed. Not the typical raise the price and give more for the trade to make it look good BS. It was actually a great car buying experiance.

They took the Cobra to Ford last sat. to have a complete inspection done, as well as an oil change (Syn) and belt change. They then put $700 worth of Michelin Pilot rubber on the rear and COMPLETELY detailed it before I picked it up. No complaints here!!

Thanks to all for the kind words!!

It was actually a great car buying experiance.

Good to hear. I guess I'm feeling a little guilty after all these years of the people that walked in the front door thinking they got 5 grand for their trade when it went out the back door (wholesale) for 1 grand.

Our dealership (back in the 80's) even put in a policy that employees couldn't buy the trade in's. Guys were buying them left and right for a brother/sister/3rd cousin removed, ...ahem, and making killing on resale. My biggest gross I ever made was $7,000 on one car. 40% commission on a 90 day car was a pretty nice pay day.:shifty: And this was back in the early 80's. Big moola back then.

Nice ride. Great color, and the wheels are a beaut'. It's amazing that you got so much money for your VIII considering their $hitbag resale value and the fact that no dealer will even trade them because they have a tendency to collect dust on the lot. Good luck with that Cobra and get yourself a Valentine-1 radar detector!

See you on the streets or on the track! :gr_devil:

21,000 Miles not too bad but talked to a guy last night with the same car who bought it a month ago with 6 miles on it!!!!!:eek:

An old lady bought it for an investment and only drove it up and down her driveway to get the fluids flowing!!

I had alot of work done to the Mark and only 48k on it. I am guessing they can flip it for $8.5K. I had it for sale here check it out in the "For Sale" forum for a list of mods.

Good to hear. I guess I'm feeling a little guilty after all these years of the people that walked in the front door thinking they got 5 grand for their trade when it went out the back door (wholesale) for 1 grand.

Right... you felt guilty... :p :shifty: :cool: You loved all your screw jobs... or Blow jobs you got when making deals..:D

Oh by the way... I have no problems with the Cobra... why not... If you don't want the Mark VIII any more get it's little Brother... I'll have one someday..

An 03/04 Cobra is definitely the "big brother" of the Mark VIII lol...

Of course I know the first application for the Ford 4.6 DOHC was in the 1993 Mark VIII however that's not why I call the 03/04 Cobra the big brother. It's the big brother because it has a forged supercharged 4.6 DOHC that all of us dream to have underneath the hood, which can make 500 horsepower with a few bolt ons.

Of course I know the first application for the Ford 4.6 DOHC was in the 1993 Mark VIII however that's not why I call the 03/04 Cobra the big brother. It's the big brother because it has a forged supercharged 4.6 DOHC that all of us dream to have underneath the hood, which can make 500 horsepower with a few bolt ons.

I understand that but it's still the little brother.

Actually it's the little brother, because it was produced afterwards, and is physically smaller. :cool:

Members online

Back