Bye Bye Miss Mark VIII LSC

YouthKwest

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Welp guys and gals,

Insurance company called this weekend and stated that they have the check ready and that they will be picking up the car this week. Well they came and got it this morning and it is now gone :( sniff sniff

I believe that it will be the last Lincoln that I buy, not because of the quality of the car ( far from it ) but since I am sponsored by Focal, I will be finding a car that is more "speaker and stereo" friendly.

I will bounce in from time to time to lend a hand on stereo talks, but, unless I can get a really smoking deal on a Mark LT, then I am done with Lincolns for awhile.

Take care guys. IT was fun while it lasted. And JoeyCho, you are always welcome at CAC. Take care man.

Joe

Sorry to hear that. What happened to it?

And what is Focal, the sound system designer? If so I think the Mark VIII is great for audio, at least for its time. I remember reading that a TON of R&D was spent on acoustics. The final design even came down to every detail like door panel design. In the end just two were finals, with the ones finally chosen put into the Gen I. The other design, which was more practical with button locations/ergonomics, was used on Gen II.

Focal's SiteThis car is not good for any type of audio. At least not in the competition realm. I had to cut the dash panel to put my components in since they wouldn't fit in the kick panels. And I had to remove the stock pass airbag to make the right set fit. That was the gist of it.

It is too much to do to make this car sound good. So when Mother Natures Wrath poured out baseball sized hail on my pretty little car, insurance totaled it. So that is why they took it. And it was best that they did. The right headlight was about to go out..and we know how hard it is to find HID's for those cars, and the tranny was slipping. Not to mention that the drive shaft was rubbing and causing vibrations thoughout the cabin. But I will miss the 2 layers of Second Skin dampner that I laid thoughout the cabin. On the floor, under the dash, on the doors and skins, on the ceiling. and in the trunk and back deck. We came out ahead as they gave me 6800 for the car...
and I wouldn't have been able to sell it for more than 5000. So I am happy.

If I were you, I'd take out the headlight bulbs and the cupholder/ashtray, and give them to me!

Ok, well that all makes sense then. Good luck with the hunt for a new ride!

Ya, they let you buy back cars on the cheap, they just take the "value" minus the cost of repair and then some. They dont want to deal with cars, they would rather you just take it. I've done it with my Mark VIII and even my 73 Mark IV when it had MINOR damage.

Cost of the repair was 6800 dollars, minus the 1000 dollar deductible, and they paid me 5800 to take the car. Buy back wasn't an option.

Moot point, car is gone, going to buy another 4.6L vehicle, check this out:

mustang4me.jpg

you will hate having a vert stang all kinds of rattles and squeeks, any how you can call them probably even today and buy it back.

Members online

No members online now.
Back