Builder Motor

97MarkJA

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Got my builder motor broken down tonight. 77k miles on it and you can still see the cross hash in the bore, bearings look almost new.
Made a mess on the floor but all in all it took about 2 hours.
This was out of a 93, if anyone needs a passenger side exhaust manifold, intake or valve covers please let me know.
The intake looks great as does the exhaust manifold. valve covers look good too, little scratch in the pait on one corner.

Yes I know... pics or it didnt happen.

206.jpg

210.jpg

So whats the plans?

Forged bottom end for sure, Crank, Rods, Pistons. Factory cranks seem to go for a fair price.. as long as you dont get burned on the deal, H-beam rods as well.
Building it for boost, although by the time winter is done here it may seem fast enough for a week or two when all the ice and salt is gone :) its almost like getting a new car every year when you pull it out of storage.

Parts are free to anyone that wants them, just have to pay for the ride if they need one.
I also have the crank, rods, and pistons.
I figured with all the powder coating going on someone would want the intake and valve covers.
Everyone on here has always been a great help and answered PM's without giving me too much crap, I figured I could help someone else out.

Crank pully still looks good, its yours if you want it.
I wont be able to ship anything out until Wen this week.
If anyone wants to check shipping cost it would be coming from 55025.

I forgot what the powder coated valve covers looked like but I may want them!

98linc, man if I had known you wanted a crank pulley. I have a stack of them stitting on my work bench! I think I have 4 or 5 left. :lol:

I forgot what the powder coated valve covers looked like but I may want them!

98linc, man if I had known you wanted a crank pulley. I have a stack of them stitting on my work bench! I think I have 4 or 5 left. :lol:

isnt there 4 of them?...lol..and theres a huge pile of random parts in the yard..and several boxes of spare nuts and bolts

LOL. If I had known you had 4 or 5 of them, I'd have asked you for one. :p

I thought I had 2 extras, so I sent one to powdercoat, and then realized that I only had the one. Well, I had "promised" the (nonexistent) extra one to THANATOS on here, so I need another one to give to him....

Hope that makes sense! lol.

just a comment on the cross hatch marks in the cylinder.... i stripped a 4.6 sohc down several years ago with my dad,it had 254k miles on it and still had the cross hatch marks in all the cylinders! its effing amazing in my opinion.

At 200+K mine is still nice and newish looking inside. These blocks freakin rock!

Members online

No members online now.
Back