Buckeye: How much rear tire can be crammed in the rear?

98LSC with 315/35/17 M/T drag radial

dsc08142copy2.jpg

dsc08139.jpg

95sc those look good and also makes me wish more mine was black

HMMMMM

So do you think a 18X10 +42mm offset with 285/40/18 nitto work? I've still got stock shocks but I've got a set of sensa trac shocks sitting in the garage.

I think that should work alright. Mine are 18x10's with a 40mm offset and 285-40/18's. I did have to roll the rear fenders though....

There was a lot, until I rolled the fenders. I also trimmed the top bumper mount, and rolled that area also. It helped a lot. Occasionally, on a traffic circle ("round-about" to some people) near my house, if I take it really fast, I'll hear a small amount of rub because there's a very large dip and at the same time, I'm changing from turning right, to turning left. I probably need to do a little more trimming on the passenger side.

stock height? Do you lower it? Do you have a full on 90* side shot?

I'm looking at a rim Package thats...

255-45-18 Nitto NT555 Tires on 18x9 Chrome Wheels +36mm offset
285-40-18 Nitto NT555 Tires on 18x10 Chrome Wheels +42mm offset

Here's some pictures of it with the Ray switch activated, and the last one is the only picture I could find somewhat from the side. It was before I rolled the fenders, so I had it sitting a little higher.

IMG_0830.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

stock height? Do you lower it? Do you have a full on 90* side shot?

I'm looking at a rim Package thats...

255-45-18 Nitto NT555 Tires on 18x9 Chrome Wheels +36mm offset
285-40-18 Nitto NT555 Tires on 18x10 Chrome Wheels +42mm offset

That's the same size tires as I've got. I think that should work well. I did have to tie back the e-brake cables though.

WIN

Than looks nice, the tuck is great. the amount of tire is good. Just worried about that 2mm difference and the body mods that are needed. I have access to a roller but the bumper thing concerns me a little.

I wouldn't worry about the bumper trimming. I didn't want to do it either at first, but it became obvious that it's necessary, and will not affect anything as long as the remaining mount holes are intact. Many people have done it without any ill effects.

Also, with the 42mm offset, your wheels will actually sit more inward to the wheel well. I think Jeremi told me that the ideal offset for a 10 inch wheel would be about 45mm. I'm doing well with 40, you'll be fine with 42.

I may do a writeup on the mods I have to do if I get my old rims sold and get the new rims.

Yes, the trim on the bumper is a must as thats the first part to rub. It dont hurt the car to do that. IDK if its cause I cut the wheel well this time or if its the new shocks but on this car I no longer have rubbing issues at all. With the white car and rolled fenders it will still rub on some serious dips and bumps.

I have a set of 04 Cobra vert Bilsteins coming for mine.. The vert shocks are supposed to be stiffer then the coupe shocks due to the extra weight..

Hopefully this weekend if the weather allows I'll get them on and maybe even mod the rear bags.

I have a set of 04 Cobra vert Bilsteins coming for mine.. The vert shocks are supposed to be stiffer then the coupe shocks due to the extra weight..

Hopefully this weekend if the weather allows I'll get them on and maybe even mod the rear bags.
Yikes! Ill tell you the coupe versions are stiff as fock! I am 350lbs and I can put my knee on the trunk opening scuff plate and bounce on the rear and the car only moves about an inch. They are some stiff fuggers.

Maybe I'll hold off on the bags and see how it goes....

Oh... I'm less then half of you! :D 165lbs....

hmm not sure I want to put my Bilsteins on if it will make it ride like a truck...

hmm not sure I want to put my Bilsteins on if it will make it ride like a truck...
Dont ride like a truck. While the car does not float like a stock Mark it is by no means harsh. I very much enjoy the ride it has now. Prolly wont do the 1 3/8 bars now though.

Members online

Back