Braking Issues

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm noticing some braking issues lately. When I had the regular Mark brakes on, I would notice that I cannot get the brakes to lock up. I could slam on the brakes with both feet, and I could not get the nose of the car to dip. The car would just slow down gradually. So I swapped out the master cylinder, and still the same thing. I swapped out the brake booster, and it's still not any better. So I upgraded to Cobra brakes with 13 " rotors. Although I can notice the difference a bit, I can feel the new pads biting, It's not biting like I think it should. I can still slam on the brakes and I can't get the brakes to lock up. I can barely get the ABS to activate. One time I was driving home and I was passing up a car that was driving to slow. I go over into the right lane to make a turn, and I depressed the brake to make the turn, and I didn't feel the brake bite at all. I had to do a hard turn onto my street. Then I stopped. If noticed that a lot lately. I can press the brake once and the brake isn't stopping the car. I take my foot off the brake and brake again and the brake engages. Right now the car is in the garage, and I am about to start some much needed engine work. I am thinking I need a complete brake system change. Does anyone recognize the issues I'm having?

i had similar issues with my 95.

I fixed it by replacing all soft lines with braided stainless, all new calipers, and doing a complete reverse flush, i had moisture and air in the lines and ABS system, along with the rubber lines expanding. having the brakes bled at a dealer was the important step for me.

Cobra's will actually be harder to lock up than the stockers due to the size of the MC.

-Alan

I can press the brake once and the brake isn't stopping the car. I take my foot off the brake and brake again and the brake engages.

It sounds like you may have some air in the system. Bleeding brakes with ABS systems is typically a pain in the @$$, as they'll usually require you to run the ABS pump during bleeding.

Members online

No members online now.
Back