brakes

ChiTownBoi

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i will be doing a replacing my soon to be worn out brakes with new ones...now i have been looking to buy slotted rotors..i read small info on them but never actually had them on any car. i know they have sets with all 4 rotors and pads on ebay. the brakes i have now and normally use are the wagner thermoquiet. im pretty sure some of you have slotted rotors...any feedback on them and wheres a good place to buy them from?

Don't get slotted rotors. Because noise.

[video=youtube;zC0fD3wrNKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC0fD3wrNKU[/video]

I run Wagner ThermoQuiets in the front and Akebono Euros in the back. Used to have Wagners in the rear but they dusted too damn much.

I had drilled/slotted rotors on my Gen I for the last 70K that I had the car. Unknown rotor brand, but NAPA CERAMIX premium pads. The combination was quiet and dust free, but maybe there was a little bit of rumble like in the video. Not as bad definitely. I just finished the brake job on my 06 this evening with the Brake Motive kit from ebay. I will have to get back with you on these.

Powers top drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads. Installed them in 2005. No issues. Stop a dime. Little to no brake dust. VERY happy with them. Matter of fact. I am so happy with them. I installed them on my Trailblazer SS.

I put r1 blank rotors and ebc redstuff pads. The pads were terrible for the first ~500 miles, tons of dust and some squeaks but those issues went away. They said give em 1,000 miles before trying to get a refund and now I know why.

Many many threads on this, you'll benefit from some searching.

With that said...I'm running brake motive cross drilled and slotted rotors up front and centric blanks in the rear with akebono euro pads all around and SS brake lines. I ran into some issues with the rotors in the beginning. Had them replaced under warranty and everything has been ok since then. Quiet, no dust. For the price i can't complain.

I'd say if you're looking at cross drilled/ slotted rotors for performance, unless you track your LS, dont bother. I personally bought mine for the looks any added performance (havent really noticed any, im no pro driver) is a plus.

I second just getting decent quality blanks and pads. The slotted/drilled stuff is more for tracking a car. People also get them for looks.

I'm running Centric Premium blanks up from and autozone blanks in the rear (yeah yeah) with akebono euro's and SS lines. Stops great. I also did the 320mm brake upgrade but I occasionally do autocross so that was my inspiration for the upgrade.

I'd say if you're looking at cross drilled/ slotted rotors for performance, unless you track your LS, dont bother. I personally bought mine for the looks any added performance (havent really noticed any, im no pro driver) is a plus.

+1

I didn't know Akebono pads were popular on this platform also. I've been running them in my 3000GT VR4 for years and they are definitely great pads.

I'm currently running Akebono Euro pads and Bosch Quietcast rotors on my LS. No dust and stops great. I've got about 5k on them and the Bosch rotors (zinc plated) still look like new!

I'm running the RotorPro's package. Slotted and dimpled rotors with ceramic pads and love them. I've had them for years without a complaint.

Members online

No members online now.
Back