Brakes are looking orange?

UNVMYCTS

LVC Member
Reaction score
My car has 5000 miles on it and when you look through the space in the rims the brake rotors are covered in what looks like orange rust. It totally defeats the purpose of buying 2000 dollar chrome rims. Is anybody else having this problem and is there any solution?

The surface rust should go away after driving and using the brakes. It happens. The only option I know of is to get aftermarket rotors.

JoshMcMadMac said:
The surface rust should go away after driving and using the brakes. It happens. The only option I know of is to get aftermarket rotors.

Mine are rusty, too

After each wash and you don't drive it, the rotors surface will show rust. Only the surface where the brake pads touch will wipe clean. The untouched areas will remain ugly orange/rust color.

I agree it will go away on the friction area, but not anywhere else.You can try getting rid of it with some steel wool or the like and then painting the NON friction surfaces with a high temp brake paint.

Yea, if you are worried about the rust on the non-contact area, just pull the wheel, clean the surface, and spray with a high-temp paint. Give it several thin coats, let it dry, and it should stay "pretty" for some time.

Members online

No members online now.
Back