Brake power bleeder

98lincmk7lsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be replacing the front calipers on my 98 soon, and might be R/R'ing the rears too. When I do this, I'll be replacing all 4 of the lines at the corners with stainless braided lines too.

Anyway, I figure this is as good a time as any to replace all of the brake fluid. I imagine that's gonna take forever with my little MityVac, so I'd like to get a power bleeder of some sort.

I did some searching on Google and it turned up with some people having a problem with the Motive power bleeder sealing on some Fords, and one specific case of it not working on a Mark VIII.

What are you guys using?

You need the teves power bleed unit to flush the ABS pump.

See my previous thread in here about me.looking for one.

Very interested in this topic. I will be doing all four with mine soon also.

I'm curious to know; will power bleeding remove 100% of the old fluid in the system?

How much fluid is left in the ABS pump if it's not power bled?

The Motive bleeder has worked fine for me on both of my caliper swaps on the Mark, it did not however seal on my 95 Mustang.

-Alan

You need the teves power bleed unit to flush the ABS pump.

See my previous thread in here about me.looking for one.

I've seen your thread, and I'm ok with not flushing the ABS unit. The brake fluid isn't original (professionally flushed 5 or 6 years ago) and I've never opened the system anywhere near the ABS unit. I would just like to replace as much of it as I EASILY can, without having to find that special unit.

I'm curious to know; will power bleeding remove 100% of the old fluid in the system?

How much fluid is left in the ABS pump if it's not power bled?

I'd like to know that too. I can't imagine that it would be very much, if any. Although I could be wrong.

The Motive bleeder has worked fine for me on both of my caliper swaps on the Mark, it did not however seal on my 95 Mustang.

-Alan
Do you know which model number you bought?

I've read you can partially jack up the rear end, start the car, and the ABS system will go nuts which you can use to bleed instead of trying to find someone with that very specific ABS controller.

Can’t you just crack the line at each caliper and pump the brakes while someone adds fluid? I for one love purchasing tools but why not save a few dollars.

Without having it in front of me I think it was the 0107, three tab Ford, but I will check the box next time I am out at the shop.

-Alan

I think that's the one I was looking at.

How soon do you think you could let me know? I wanted to try and order it before the weekend, if possible.

Thanks!

It would probably be about 5:30 this afternoon before I can get out there. I just looked at the Motive website (instead of Summit)and I am 99% that is the one.

-Alan

The box is pretty generic. This one:

0107 0107 Ford/Import Three Prong Bleeder

Is the one I bought, works very well on my Mark.

Getting the brake reservoir attachment on takes a bit of force and you need to have it lined up well. You have to get it all the way on before you can turn it. Patience.

Members online

Back