brake pads

Gold Cmax....

Yes, these from Autozone. They are a little more expensive, but guaranteed for life or something to that effect. Comes with slide grease and all stainless steel hardware. Kevlar lined on the backing plate. Nice and quiet. Fairly low dust. When they wear out, bring them in for a free replacement. Deal and a half there. I have taken advantage of free replacement once already. They work great in all temps, even a few high speed (over 80+) stops right in a row.

Also, put a regular plain rotor on. Slots and holes are good for show but they have no real advantage and are more prone to cracking.

One thing to remember for stopping distance is it almost doesn't matter what brand the pad is as the brakes are capable of engaging ABS with any pad at or slightly above highway speeds. There is nothing wrong with a cheaper pad if you don't need repetative high speed stopping power or care about dust. This of course excludes a catastrophic pad failure due to quality.

How's that big brake kit coming along?? If it's too much I'll just buy a set of oem calipers and get them powder coated with new pads and the lines.

Estimate, 3500 for the full kit, front and rear.
Not bad considering stop tech's kit cost around 5400 for the front and rears.

Estimate, 3500 for the full kit, front and rear.
Not bad considering stop tech's kit cost around 5400 for the front and rears.

Thats not bad at all. If the kit could be purchased front and rear separately then that would be perfect.

How many pistons are they?? Oem blanks??

I like my Posi-quiets. They stop well, are pretty cheap, and my wheels stay so cleeeean!

Anothin thing to note is there was a thread on here about brake squeal. It seemed almost everyone that had the issue experianced it on the front passenger wheel and they all had non OEM brakes. This leads me to believe there is a resonanse issue the factory parts do more to stop. Not everyone has this issue but I do and it drives me nuts. I will be redoing the brakes in the spring even though there is plenty of meat left.

One thing to remember for stopping distance is it almost doesn't matter what brand the pad is as the brakes are capable of engaging ABS with any pad at or slightly above highway speeds. There is nothing wrong with a cheaper pad if you don't need repetative high speed stopping power or care about dust. This of course excludes a catastrophic pad failure due to quality.

There is much more then that to it. Feel and modulation are important as well as fade resistance. I've been through the mountains where you can smell the brakes coming down. You want to trust your life to save $25?

NAPA adaptive ceramics

always use NAPA adaptive ones ceramic, no squeal, no problems.

I installed Napa Adaptive One pads and Napa rotors in May 2009 and my front brakes already need to be replaced. I have driven with that set up less than 40,000 miles. Not really happy about the performance of that set-up. I will be changing them out to something different this weekend.

always use NAPA adaptive ones ceramic, no squeal, no problems.

I will never buy these again. I checked my millage and it will be less than 30,000 miles since I changed over. I drive like a grandma and do not drive in heavy traffic. They worked well in the time I had them but I was expecting a little more miles from them.

Punch a hole thru your floor and use your feet I hear they are real good and have great bite and will last for ever and you should like them and they are good and you should be happy especially with the slotted rotors.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There is much more then that to it. Feel and modulation are important as well as fade resistance. I've been through the mountains where you can smell the brakes coming down. You want to trust your life to save $25?

That is an extreme condition, and most likely the result of people not driving properly (riding breaks, not using a lower gear). Any pad will smoke if you do that to it.

Also, a guy that is cheaping out on pads probably does not care about modulation/feel. I agree with your opinion though that its worth the "extra" money to get a product that performs better in all aspects and that's why I have done so on my own vehicle.

Gold Cmax....

I've had these on for almost a month and am liking them a lot. I only installed them on the front with Duralast rotors but they bite good and brake smooth.

Does anyone else's pads rattle? Mine are bad and its getting really annoying. AZ sells the red sticky stuff (can't remember the name) and I've used it before but its not lasting anymore. What do you guys do if you have it?

Installed WEAREVR Gold on wife's car, front last yr. No problems, no squeeling, little brake dust. Good cold/hot/wet performance. High end pads are usually noisey.

Most auto parts stores have an anti-squeel spray that is perfect to keep the pads from rattling. Some even carry spacers separate or come with the pads if needed.

I was going to go with EBC red but read of others that was disappointed, I went with Autozone Gold Cmax and Duralast rotors, I have about 2k on them, must say I'm impressed, good cold bite, great warm bite, no noise, and little to none brake dust and wear. I went with new rotors because of past experience of warping after turning, cost about $10 more per wheel than having them turned.

Yup Autozone GOLD Cmax Pads and Gold Duralast rotors works great for my LS, which i own a 2004 v8 3.9l sports edition. so i can say they are good brakes.

I am using these pads for the last 4 months. They are ceramic, no noise, lest dust and have a good bite on them. They are just the fronts. Was $30 total and have lifetime warranty including wear. So I will never spend another dime on front pads. My rears have tons of life left. Not sure what they are since they were on the car when I bought it 09/29/14. I have no plans on doing the Jag brakes or other wise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TBIRD-LS-S-...-1AMV300849-/281581144943?hash=item418f8b4b6f

I put Auto-Zone Gold Ceramics on rear 3-4 years ago,lifetime warranty, and they have never given me any problem in the last 55,000 mi. or so. Of course,my wife has driven it as much as I have. Neither of us have a heavy foot or habit of braking too late for comfort. don-ohio :)^)

I am using these pads for the last 4 months. They are ceramic, no noise, lest dust and have a good bite on them. They are just the fronts. Was $30 total and have lifetime warranty including wear. So I will never spend another dime on front pads. My rears have tons of life left. Not sure what they are since they were on the car when I bought it 09/29/14. I have no plans on doing the Jag brakes or other wise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TBIRD-LS-S-...-1AMV300849-/281581144943?hash=item418f8b4b6f

Yup Autozone GOLD Cmax Pads and Gold Duralast rotors works great for my LS, which i own a 2004 v8 3.9l sports edition. so i can say they are good brakes.

Old thread, but I have these pads on stock rotors and they are garbage, IMO. They squeal on first cold brake. I have found that if I file down the edges of the pads to remove the harsh 90 degree angle, then the squeal is gone for about 8 months until it slowly wears down to creating another right angle.

I will not be replacing with those pads again.

Does anyone else's pads rattle? Mine are bad and its getting really annoying. AZ sells the red sticky stuff (can't remember the name) and I've used it before but its not lasting anymore. What do you guys do if you have it?

Disk Quiet. I have the same stuff. And, the pads should have anti-rattle pads with them.

Old thread, but I have these pads on stock rotors and they are garbage, IMO. They squeal on first cold brake. I have found that if I file down the edges of the pads to remove the harsh 90 degree angle, then the squeal is gone for about 8 months until it slowly wears down to creating another right angle.

I will not be replacing with those pads again.

Andrizzle, Not for me i replace rotors and pads, i didn't keep the stock rotors, even thought they are in still good shape also in spec. i just toss the stock rotors.
When putting new aftermarket pads that are high Performance pads (such as GOLD Cmax Pads) to a stock rotor it will not work out even though you turn the rotors.
You will will have buy a set of new ones Rotors and Pads. such as i did i replace both fronts and rears. with GOLD Cmax Pads and Gold Duralast rotors and work perfect no squeal or nothing.

Just to calrify, I did put new rotors on at the same time. Just that they are blank rotors, not drilled/slotted.

Members online

No members online now.
Back