Bought my first LS

Hmm, I have a factory thermostat housing, degas bottle, degas bottle cap, and engine fill cap on order from Tasca. After those are installed the only thing not oem will be the radiator.

The thing that confuses me is the fan doesn't go to high speed until 228-230*. And It's running between 217-224.

Could be the fan actuator....

If gen1; I don't remember your MY....

My over heating problem is finally fixed for good!!!! I sold the car!;)

Just kidding. I replaced the thermostat and housing with oem stuff, and I replaced the dorman degas bottle with a ford bottle and cap. Bled the system and it runs perfect! Before at idle the temp would climb to 239* and driving it would range from 214-225*. Now at idle it stays 202* and driving it's between 194-204*.

All the parts I replaced were new, just they were all aftermarket parts. Just goes to show OEM makes a difference!

Hey Sid I just saw your PM and replied a little bit ago. Ill have to check my degas, because my new one is Dorman, and I am still running warm, and I have a '06 also as you know. coolant pipes to the heads/block have been replaced with OEM parts, as has the thermostat/housing. I checked all hoses,they look fine.

Hey Sid I just saw your PM and replied a little bit ago. Ill have to check my degas, because my new one is Dorman, and I am still running warm, and I have a '06 also as you know. coolant pipes to the heads/block have been replaced with OEM parts, as has the thermostat/housing. I checked all hoses,they look fine.

Dorman bottle is your problem. IMHO....

Dorman bottle is your problem. IMHO....

That and if you have a aftermarket thermostat/housing, replace it with a factory unit. The aftermarkets are smaller than the factory thermostat.

Thanks. I will be doing that. Car hasn't been going into reduced power mode, but it is hovering between 218-226 under highway driving, and will spike to 230+ once I hit stop and go traffic. Anytime it goes above 230, I crank the heater to bring it down.

Exactly what mine was doing before I changed the degas bottle and thermostat.

I have a 2005 Lincoln LS Sse v8 and I was just wondering were is the coolant sensor located my car doesn't overheat but the fan doesn't turn off once it reaches a certain temperature I already blead the system more than once coolant is at level and now I just want to change sensor

Members online

Back