Bmx

Never been into BMX.

But, I've always loved mountain bikes and cycling in general! (I see there's a 'vintage' mountain bike section in that forum)

I never really got into it, but a friend of mine used to race serious back in the 80's. Got National #1 I believe, don't remember what year though

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved BMX although I never raced. I did do a lot of the tricks, jumps and such untill I got too tall and awkward for such a small bike.

And who could forget the movie BMX Bandits with a very young Nicole Kidman!!!! Thats where I fell in love with the redheads....mmmmmmmmm Love that girl. And then Laurie Loughlin in RAD!!! Another cool BMX movie.

I raced back in the 80's, but nothing since then.

I had a hutch and a redline. Freakin loved it.

I never raced, but I used to tear up the neighborhood on my BMX. I still have the bike, it is a '94 GT Interceptor with lightweight rims with sealed hubs and Answer front shocks. I still take it out a few times a year, but I'm not as crazy or in as good shape as I was when I was a kid, so I have a bit of caution now, which doesn't go too well with BMX riding. It's still fun to crank out a wheelie for a few hundred feet, or ride right off the end of a loading dock though.

I have had so damn many bikes.... I had a bunch of 80's stuff when I started cause I got it cheap cheap... can you say 5 spoke mags and bear claws :D

RAD... best BMX movie ever!!

:gr_hail: :bowrofl:

We used to show up at the community dances with our bikes and try to ride in the open doors just to cause trouble. I so wanted to act out that flat land scene but never had the balls!:lol:

Never really raced but I did ride trails and street a lot. I grew up in PA, the best place for trails this side of the Atlantic. It was popping in the 90's, the best years for riding.

Members online

No members online now.
Back