Bmx

Never been into BMX.

But, I've always loved mountain bikes and cycling in general! (I see there's a 'vintage' mountain bike section in that forum)

I never really got into it, but a friend of mine used to race serious back in the 80's. Got National #1 I believe, don't remember what year though

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved BMX although I never raced. I did do a lot of the tricks, jumps and such untill I got too tall and awkward for such a small bike.

And who could forget the movie BMX Bandits with a very young Nicole Kidman!!!! Thats where I fell in love with the redheads....mmmmmmmmm Love that girl. And then Laurie Loughlin in RAD!!! Another cool BMX movie.

I raced back in the 80's, but nothing since then.

I had a hutch and a redline. Freakin loved it.

I never raced, but I used to tear up the neighborhood on my BMX. I still have the bike, it is a '94 GT Interceptor with lightweight rims with sealed hubs and Answer front shocks. I still take it out a few times a year, but I'm not as crazy or in as good shape as I was when I was a kid, so I have a bit of caution now, which doesn't go too well with BMX riding. It's still fun to crank out a wheelie for a few hundred feet, or ride right off the end of a loading dock though.

I have had so damn many bikes.... I had a bunch of 80's stuff when I started cause I got it cheap cheap... can you say 5 spoke mags and bear claws :D

RAD... best BMX movie ever!!

:gr_hail: :bowrofl:

We used to show up at the community dances with our bikes and try to ride in the open doors just to cause trouble. I so wanted to act out that flat land scene but never had the balls!:lol:

Never really raced but I did ride trails and street a lot. I grew up in PA, the best place for trails this side of the Atlantic. It was popping in the 90's, the best years for riding.

Members online

Back