blue oval chip transmission kit

Two holes drilled in the Valve Body are STILL TWO IRREPARABLE HOLES....

Next question...

Why would you want to use or defend a product proven to be harmful to the trans, instead when you could do the JMOD which is proven to be good for the trans.

You obviously didnt read my entire post as I already answered your questions..

To my knowledge and from the various people I actually know, the TransGo Kit is pretty good. Hell even the TCCoA Website claims it is good.. Read the shift kit article..

I am not concerned with the possibility of low pressure under extreme heat / low rpm situations that drilling holes in the valve body may theoretically produce.. The kit also includes a safety valve to prevent high pressure situations..

Pretty much any shift kit will increase the longevity of the clutch packs in your transmission. I like the transgo for a number of reasons.. As I said.. I was running a Jmod before hand and just prefer the TransGo.

When I post on a forum like this I only speak from personal experience.. I find that the vast majority of information spread around various automotive forums is wrong and just being spread by kids with no real hands on experience with what they are talking about.. I have over 10 years of experience building and tuning cars.. I have worked with anything from big block Old's to 400+ awhp AWD DSM's and just about everything inbetween.. Including bikes.. When I choose a part it is based on research of the design usually.. Most internet chatter from kids on forums is just that..

If my Trans burns up, Ill pull it out and rebuid it.. But for reference.. The trans has 150,000 miles on the clock.. at least the last 30k have been with a TransGo HD2 installed... Still works flawlesly.. Still scratches second gear..

I try to research things before doing them to my car... I did some research on shift kits and valve body modifications...

Ever hear of a guy named Jerry?

I read what he had to say about the subject, and what can I say, I trust Jerry more than ANY other person that posts on the internet.

KK, I'm not saying Ben is right, but I aint saying he's wrong either.

I see where he's coming from and he understands/builds his own transmissions.

I think your reading "his personal preference" into his "professional opinion".
He said he prefers, he didn't say Transgo was better.
I like reading bens posts

Exactly.. Im not trying to claim one is better than the other..

I think the J-Mod may be safer sure.. But for my purposes that is less of a concern.. I just personally like the way the TransGo HD2 kit performs over a Jmod. So far so good.. If the tranmission burns up I will rebuild and keep running the TransGo untill it burns up again and then reconsider..

I was just answering the question as to what needs to be swapped back - and that answer is pretty much the entire valvebody needs to be replaced..

The only reason I defended the TransGo kit is that you rarely hear much about it.. I have had one for a while and still love it.. If it frys my tranny I will be the first to post pictures of exactly what went wrong..

I try to research things before doing them to my car... I did some research on shift kits and valve body modifications...

Ever hear of a guy named Jerry?

I read what he had to say about the subject, and what can I say, I trust Jerry more than ANY other person that posts on the internet.

Yes.. I have committed most of what Jerry wrote to memory by this point.. In fact if you dig around in my garage I am sure you will find the tranny fluid soaked pages of his Jmod instructions in there.

I have personally performed his JMod and think that any transmission should be running one. One day I decided to try out the TransgGo HD2 kit because I wasnt 100% happy with the transmission (Mainly due to the fact that I dont like auto's in general).. Tossed in the HD2 kit during a fluid change and really liked it.. Shifts were a bit sharper.. TC lockup definitely improved (result of drilling no no holes).. So I am happy with performance.. Not trying to sell it..

I know of some people running the transgo in their 4r70w's, they all love it. I personally don't feel the need to have a j-mod or shift kit as my tranny shifts perfectly with the tuning I have done.

the jmod opens up holes that allow clutches to fill properly it also goes along way in the longetivity dept.

I dont have mine Jmodded either and am quite pleased with the operation, but I eventually will do the Jmod to make it work alot better.

I have all the jmod stuff and over a case of motorcraft mercon v at the house....cant wait till it gets warmer out so i can do that and throw the extreme spider in...

60,000 miles and still works flawlessly...just shifts like an old lady lol

i wasn't planning on draining the converter

Any reason? Isn't hard or time consuming, especially if you are gonna be under there anyway, getting soaked in fluid etc.

Just some thoughts:

- Do you have correct torque wrenches for reassembly?

- Are you replacing the main trans fluid filter?

- Does your trans pan still have the reusable gasket? (I ask cos mine didn't and I would have been screwed if I hadn't already bought a new one)

The cork gaskets are :q:q:q:q.... keep the stamped metal rubber coated factory unit unless it is 100% trashed.

Any reason? Isn't hard or time consuming, especially if you are gonna be under there anyway, getting soaked in fluid etc.

Just some thoughts:

- Do you have correct torque wrenches for reassembly?

- Are you replacing the main trans fluid filter?

- Does your trans pan still have the reusable gasket? (I ask cos mine didn't and I would have been screwed if I hadn't already bought a new one)

when i had the new engine put in, i had them put a shift kit in so the fluid is rather new

Staff online

Members online

Back