blue oval chip transmission kit

If you don't feel confident in doing the actual physical work of drilling your separator plate then I'd say it is worth the money. When I did the Jmod to my Vic I was afraid of screwing it up so I bought a valve body kit from Darrin at BC auto, worth the money at the time.

I'd get a kit from Lonnie or Darrin..IMHO it's money well spent, and your spending money with people that support the community as a whole.

Sure you can go get drill bits, and hope you do it all right..

I'd rather leave the valve body recalibration to those that really know how to do it...I'll let someone else do it right the first time IMHO

when i got the engine replaced i had them put a shift kit, they said they put a trans go kit in, i don't like it holds the 3rd for like ten seconds :(

when i got the engine replaced i had them put a shift kit, they said they put a trans go kit in, i don't like it holds the 3rd for like ten seconds :(

transgo kit is bad.. research the tccoa transmission article (Jmod) and Jerry explains in depth why not to use it

I installed a reprogrammer kit from trans go. I love it. shifts firm and drives the same at part throttle. light throttle its in 4th at 30-35 full throttle it kicks A$$
nothing wrong with trans go

I installed a reprogrammer kit from trans go. I love it. shifts firm and drives the same at part throttle. light throttle its in 4th at 30-35 full throttle it kicks A$$
nothing wrong with trans go

Have fun rebuilding your trans when it fails from the poorly poorly engineered trans no go kit...

The Jmod helps improve the durability of the trans, the trans go does the opposite.

i did that's why i was looking at the blue oval chips kit

Off the top of my head I cant remember the exact specifics..
but the transgo kits make some irreversible changes to parts in the trans.
Make SURE you tell Lonnie you have an existing transgo kit so he can get you all the replacement parts your gonna need as well.

Figured I'd hop on here. I've been planning on the standard trans mods. My car is stock as far as I know. No trans issues. 125000, and still shifts hard into 2nd. Is this normal or is something going? Debating full rebuild.

I wouldn't give up on your trans because it has a hard 1,2 shift... I'd drop the pan and check out the springs and accumulators.

Ya, those old type 1-2 accumulators are junk! When me and Jamie did mine, the seal on the 1-2 was totally ripped up and wedged down the side of the piston. Luckily, there was minimal bore damage.

Off the top of my head I cant remember the exact specifics..
but the transgo kits make some irreversible changes to parts in the trans.
Make SURE you tell Lonnie you have an existing transgo kit so he can get you all the replacement parts your gonna need as well.

what kind of damage

what kind of damage

you quoted my post then asked about damage?
I didn't type the word damage in my post.

This is the point where you need to listen to what the vendor/lonnie tells you, not what people post on a internet message board.

If your gonna get the BOC stuff... get with Lonnie and follow his instructions/suggestions.

DO NOT use things you read on the internet to debate with your chosen vendor.

i was jus curious about what irreversible changes would be be made with using the Trans-go kit that's all

back in september tiltedhalo did a good job of giving you that exact information that you are again asking for..hmmmm

For the Transgo kit thats pretty normal depending on the level of performance installed. I personally would not install a Transgo kit, but do to the design of the kit, it raises fluid volumes via increasing pressure bleed off in the valve body that supply's fluid to to accumulator circuit via drilling into the wall of the valve body..

what part of drilling into the VALVEBODY doesnt sound like an irreversible modification?

Seriously..you gonna JB weld the hole?

see that sucks..just wasting folks time "re-asking the same" questions.

As I said before, you need to talk to the person you are gonna do business with and "follow their directions"

who cares what 5-6 people say on the internet...I hope you dont plan on debating what the vendor says, with information you armed yourself with on the internet.. (that'd kinda suck)

you need to listen to what the vendor tells you.

i was jus curious about what irreversible changes would be be made with using the Trans-go kit that's all

The only irreversable changes are 2 small holes drilled into the valve body, and a couple of the holes in the seperator plate are typically enlarged (Depending on the meat-head that did the install)

Other than that a number of valves in the valvebody, and the springs on the 1-2 accumulator have been swapped.. You might want to check the 3rd accumulator first.. If it wasnt upgraded the O-ring on the aluminum one might be shot causing the long third.. The TransGo kit doesnt replace anything on the 3rd accumulator so most hack shops leave it alone when installing it.. Both accumulators should ALWAYS be replaced with the new steel designs.

Im running the Transgo HD2.. I love it.. I had a J-mod before hand.. Strongly prefer the transgo (replaced seperator plate before installing transgo).. I know I will get flamed.. But oh well.. Its just my opinion. - The transgo does have a relief safety valve to prevent valvebody damage from high pressure..

I dont have any issues with a long third gear.. Car shifts right on que for every gear. There are a number of things I like better about the performance of the Transgo VS the J-mod.. Especially the better TC lockup..

But, personally I always go for performance over longevity.. I rebuild my own transmissions so I am far less concerned with any low pressure lubing issues you might possibly have with modifying the flow to the TC..

If you do go back to the J-mod you will have to purchase a new valvebody.. Your best bet would be to just buy a complete one as there are a number of springs and valves that are replaced in the old one from the TransGo kit.. You will also need the springs you want to use with the J-mod for the 1-2 accumulator.. (And new accumulator pistons if they have not been replaced)

Two holes drilled in the Valve Body are STILL TWO IRREPARABLE HOLES....

Next question...

Why would you want to use or defend a product proven to be harmful to the trans, instead when you could do the JMOD which is proven to be good for the trans.

KK, I'm not saying Ben is right, but I aint saying he's wrong either.

I see where he's coming from and he understands/builds his own transmissions.

I think your reading "his personal preference" into his "professional opinion".
He said he prefers, he didn't say Transgo was better.
I like reading bens posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back