blend door

lincolndude

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
does anybody know of a mechanic in ny who can do my blend door.im not sure i want to tackle that job.thanks guys

does anybody know of a mechanic in ny who can do my blend door.im not sure i want to tackle that job.thanks guys

I knew nothing about these cars, and I did my blend door in 9 hours. It was follow the instructions on the web site, use my laptop when I got stumped, and take my time. Aside from replacing alternators and water pumps on old GM 350's, this was the first major car repair that I performed.

It was very cool when I started the car and the heat came on, I can tell you. But 45 minutes of that 9 hours was trying to get that goddam blend door hooked onto whatever it comes off of, cause you sure as :q:q:q:q can't see the :q:q:q:qer back there when you're trying to hook the actuator back on while positioning the motor.

Take my advice and take off the driver's information center. It's another step, but it allows you to get both hands on that little bastard.

The key here is patience....

The step by step instructions (aided by some really good pics) are everything you'll need to complete the job, if you have the time and tools.

It's somewhere north of a Grand to have a mechanic do it, and he's replacing a ~40dollar part.

Members online

No members online now.
Back