Blacking it out! Maybe?

Well i have tinted headlights and turn signals on my d.d. 98 cavalier with 8000k HID's...with 2 or 3 coats on the headlights and 2 coats of clear coat, and 4 on the turn signal still looks great, never been pulled over never had a problem with seeing. Lamin-x is expensive, its static cling type no adhesive. You can find cheaper ones on ebay 13.00 for 24x24 but its got an adhesive backing. Im going to purchuse some soon for $50 to do front h\l and fogs and tails cant go wrong to try it out.

My opinion about the headlights being tinted is do what you want, of course your going to lose light output thats a given. See if you like it.. if you do and output is crap either use less tint next time, get a brighter bulb, or just turn youre brights on. When my brights are on its about the same as having the normals on without tint over it.
Try new things, ive done so many mods to my car already and more than half of them I stopped and went back to how it originally was. My opinion.. Try it and see what you think.

I'd be careful with tinted tail lights. If someone ever rear-ends you, they can use the excuse they didn't see the brake lights due to them being tinted. It's been used successfully before.

Luckily I drive too fast to be rear ended! haha.

Well I think maybe Ill leave the headlights be for now and see how it looks witht he rest done.

Any other rim recomendations?

Thanks all :)

I'd be careful with tinted tail lights. If someone ever rear-ends you, they can use the excuse they didn't see the brake lights due to them being tinted. It's been used successfully before.

Really? Thanks for the tip... How many times have you be rear-ended? Just for giggles...

I say just black out the corner lenses like I did. Should be enough.

IMG_9516.gif

As far as the window trim, 3M makes a gloss black pinstriping tape in the proper widths. I've also seen a cheaper solution called Black Out Tape, but you would have to trim it to the proper width.

Strap enough JATO units behind it and it will easily do 400MPH. Can't guarantee it will still be on the ground, though. :lol:

Hahaha im not familiar with a JATO unit but I was thinking maybe a few hundred of those model rocket motors from walmart ROFL

Back on track here....

People who painted their grille or rear surround, What kind of paint product and did you scuff or wet sand it at all or just let the fumes fly?

Back on track here....

People who painted their grille or rear surround, What kind of paint product and did you scuff or wet sand it at all or just let the fumes fly?

As far as i know everybody here took it to a body shop and had it professionally done.

i took my grill to a shop to have it done, from my experience, anyone with the proper tools and facility to make it look good, will know exactly what to use to make it hold.

Members online

No members online now.
Back