Blacking it out! Maybe?

m-waage

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey there going to probably go black on black just had a few Q's for anyone who has done it.

With the tint for headlights/taillights how much light transmission do you really lose? Im talking more about the headlights. After hitting 5 deer and a moose this year (Not with the LS) seeing the road is a good thing. I expect to lose a little but lets hear your opinions?

Grille/Rear Surround/Window trim. Have people had good luck paint this? Any flaking of the paint off the chrome? What prep work did you do if it hasnt flaked?

Rims- I have been looking around for a nice looking set of black 18-20s, maybe in something close to a speedstar design? I like the less is more idea when it comes to spokes. Anyhow I havent found anything Im in love with I am looking for an all black set WITHOUT that annoying chrome lip if anyone has any recomendations?

Thanks alot!

Tinting the headlights is not a good idea.

well, lets put it this way, if you put 50% tint on the headlights (pretty much the lightest tint you can buy) only 50% of the light gets transmitted, if you put 5% tint on the headlights (one of the darker tints) only 5% of the light gets transmitted through the tint.

bottom line, tinted headlights may look cool, but it is a horrible idea!

Because its cool! :p

Some states even have outlawed doing so.. My friend use to have headlight covers on and he could only use them during the day.. At night, he would get stopped every time..

Our headlights are already mostly black, they are already set up and black enough if your going to "black out" your car IMO.

I though I had seen a few people spray a coat or two of nightshades on their headlights? so far its sound like a bad idea haha, well we can always save it for last if I need it blacker, or eliminate the orange blinker plastic and replcae with an orange buld for the clear look.

my car isnt blacked out (yet) but ive had spray tinted headlights and fogs (fogs are now vinyled, headlights soon). definately use vinyl if you are going to tint the headlights, looks better and doesnt take a whhhooooollle lot to get off. you will need hid's tho, because halogens wont cut it.
i had completely blacked out my fogs (like 10 layers or more of spray lol) and the halogen bulb would look dimmer than the dim drl's some cars have. the hid setup helped alot.

Thanks Dnyce :) What heat range did you run for you high beams? What did you think of the light?

my hi beams are just halogens. couldnt give you a brand cuz i dont really pay attention to them, and i barely ever use them, but they shine pretty far lol

i now have 6000k hids in the lows n fogs, which work really well. those are 35w

Here's mine

I have the sport model so at least I didn't have to mess with the chrome on the bumpers.

I had the grille, rear surround and window trim painted black, tinted the windows and have the black 18 in. Stern St8 rims with the aluminum lip...not totally blacked out though. I have a friend who does the work on the side and after a year and half the paint is still great on the chrome. On his LS he tinted the head lights along with the tails and at night it really wasn't that bad, I rode with him several times. Definitely better then those stupid GTS head light covers that were all the rage in the 90's.

black ls.jpg

stern rims.JPG

@ fast: they spray is off, yup. I only retinted the fogs with the vinyl. Haven't done the headlights yet, still debating because of how dark the windows are, it'll just draw more police attn

Members online

No members online now.
Back