black chrome octastars???

CobraStar_LS8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever thought of doing this?...and I'm wondering how would it look so can someone with Photoshop skills post some pics up for me please...thanks as I'm trying to decide to keep the octastars or buying a different set of wheels

i powdercoated a set of corvette wheels for a friend last year.. it was a black translucent "black chrome".. it needs a chrome base and therefore he ordered chrome wheels that we coated and they came out looking pretty sweet-

He has them on a black trans-am

wheel1.gif

wheel2.gif

If only I know how black chrome would look on the octastars...it looks sweet on other wheels but I just need to be sure first

Dupli Color makes the paint for it. Give one a try and if you don't like it, remove the coats you applied. The more coats you use, the darker the chrome looks. I personally wouldn't do it.

I am sur eit would look good. It would be hard for many to accept since it is changing the stock wheels. Kind of like when people powder coat stock wheel.

dupli-color makes a kit for around $20 if your interested, I was thinking about trying it on some stuff then some wheels if it looks good.

Members online

No members online now.
Back