BIGGEST SYSTEM EVER!!! IN AN LS... you know it

ONLY 150db!!!! With ALL the money you have dropped. I would expect more. I hit 148.7 with two JLAudio 12W6's pushing 600 watts. Not to mention GREAT SQ with the Boston 6.43 Pro-Series for the front sound stage. I am running PPI 4400 and a 2300. The 4400 is running 3ohm mono at 2x300 pushing the subs. The 2300 is 2x75 pushing the Bostons.

GTZ 03.jpg

GTZ 04.jpg

GTZ 02.jpg

GTZ 01.jpg

As stated above be carefull of your hearing. I used to be all about car stereo's. Not nearly as crazy as this, but I did have 4 12's with 2 1200watt amps and 3 farads worth of caps. It was a great time but exteremly excesive, I still like a little thump and can't imagin having any less then a 10 or a 12 in the back. It does become an addiction and I loved every step of the way, eventualy the driving aspect of cars mainly autoX, has drawn my attention away from stereo's. With that said I would still love to see this setup because it is going to be ill. Please post more pics with good camera, I am sure everyone wants to see.
Eamonn
Eamonn

RollinLS said:
ONLY 150db!!!! With ALL the money you have dropped. I would expect more. I hit 148.7 with two JLAudio 12W6's pushing 600 watts. Not to mention GREAT SQ with the Boston 6.43 Pro-Series for the front sound stage. I am running PPI 4400 and a 2300. The 4400 is running 3ohm mono at 2x300 pushing the subs. The 2300 is 2x75 pushing the Bostons.

Nice install... Rollin

But how many times do i have to say this..

the mic that gave you your numbers is most likely audio control sensor..

I am talking about 150+ on TERMLAB mic which is equivelent to 164 on AC mic
http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Resonant Engineering/mt12.1.wmv
;)

Just to give you an idea.. TEAM PSI of RE audio had 12 MT 12's in a an and about 60,000 rms...
the hit about 164 DB on Termlab

nice LS

kudisbetta said:
I will be in milwaukke for the summer, you can personally check out my setup..

Seeing as how I live in Milwaukee and have the power to make you disappear on this site, it would be in your best interest to invite me over for a sound check. :D

MonsterMark said:
Seeing as how I live in Milwaukee and have the power to make you disappear on this site, it would be in your best interest to invite me over for a sound check. :D

haha, No problem..

Ill be leaving your way this friday/Sat depending on when the install is complete.

kudisbetta said:
haha, No problem..

Ill be leaving your way this friday/Sat depending on when the install is complete.
Send me a PM with your number and a good time to get a hold of you. I'm really interested in hearing an awesome system, as long as I can bring the AC/DC and Van Halen. ;)

kudisbetta said:
Nice install... Rollin

But how many times do i have to say this..

the mic that gave you your numbers is most likely audio control sensor..

I am talking about 150+ on TERMLAB mic which is equivelent to 164 on AC mic
http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/Resonant Engineering/mt12.1.wmv
;)

Just to give you an idea.. TEAM PSI of RE audio had 12 MT 12's in a an and about 60,000 rms...
the hit about 164 DB on Termlab

nice LS
I was metered at a USAC event a few years ago. I don't recall what kind of mic was used. The numbers just don't add up for the amount of power you are pushing.

just curious what forum did you get the group buy off of? for the alternator.

MonsterMark said:

:D :D :D

That's just cold man.....

I have always been a fan of large audio set ups in cars but a concern I would have with the LS and having to generate that kind of sealed space in the rear of the car is that if you plan on a sealed enclosure, the amount of weight you are putting over and behind the rear axle is going to ruin your car's handling.

I know that handling is not always the number 1 reason someone buys an LS, but it seems like a damn shame to ruin such a good thing in the interest of having a louder stereo than everyone else.

Keep in mind that I say this all with experience in very large systems in previous vehicles so I am not just saying it because I have something against it. Just seems like a waste of a great handling car.

SYSTEM DONE.

POUNDSzzzzz.

some pics of the box in the making..

you can see the RE 35.1's mounted on top of the box

wow....enjoy your hearing while you can...lol

itsnotmydaddys said:
Im 22 years old, I had an explorer that hit 147.6 at its best, and thats at novice level, and thats when i blew the subs out of there surround. Tomorrow at 8:30 am im having surgery on my left ear to repair my ears. Over the years of listening to loud systems i've paid my dews. This will be the second of surgeries, this one is to make it so i can hear again. But if i could go back and do it all again, trust me I would in a heart beat. No one understands the thrill and sense of gratitude when you put everyone to rest. Over the years, from 16 till now I have had loud @$$ systems that shut ALOT of people up, but now as I have gotten older (a little older) its more of a speed and looks thing. Is what "older" people dont understand is, is that having loud systems is addicting. Its like haiving the fastest car on the streets. I wish my ears held up so I could continue my rage on STL. So with that said wish me luck tomorrow on my surgery. I'll be back in a couple days, proly tom. right when i get home. LVC i a drug and im gonna need my fix when i get home.

I thought you would be hitting more in the 155s to 160s, maybe at your best going all out 164. Crank that biatch up at your first competetion and blow em out of the water, let em know what your about.

Hey were you on Kingshighway/44 last week around 6pm? There was a black LS that was rattling the trunk lid so bad!!!, I had to roll up the windows because it was godawful loud and the rattling in the trunk was nasty!

i might have been up ther but i took my system out. due to my surgery and $h!t. U should have stopped me. it would have been nice to finally meet.

itsnotmydaddys said:
Im 22 years old, I had an explorer that hit 147.6 at its best, and thats at novice level, and thats when i blew the subs out of there surround. Tomorrow at 8:30 am im having surgery on my left ear to repair my ears. Over the years of listening to loud systems i've paid my dews. This will be the second of surgeries, this one is to make it so i can hear again. But if i could go back and do it all again, trust me I would in a heart beat. No one understands the thrill and sense of gratitude when you put everyone to rest. Over the years, from 16 till now I have had loud @$$ systems that shut ALOT of people up, but now as I have gotten older (a little older) its more of a speed and looks thing. Is what "older" people dont understand is, is that having loud systems is addicting. Its like haiving the fastest car on the streets. I wish my ears held up so I could continue my rage on STL. So with that said wish me luck tomorrow on my surgery. I'll be back in a couple days, proly tom. right when i get home. LVC i a drug and im gonna need my fix when i get home.

I thought you would be hitting more in the 155s to 160s, maybe at your best going all out 164. Crank that biatch up at your first competetion and blow em out of the water, let em know what your about.

lmao thats how i felt after my first Gunnery Table VIII

I going to a comp here may 20...

RC communication on locust street..

I cant crank it in the city. Ive set off about 10 car alarms already
I try to respect fellow drivers......

any pics of the subs and the actualy setu up? besides the box in the process of being made.

just info. i have 1 15 inch l7 2005 model powered by a 2400 watt legacy amp haha but anyways i set off numerous amounts of car alarms everyday at my school. i don't even think its that loud really but i've never had a dbl test done

Members online

No members online now.
Back