Bicker & Bitch Thread

Yeah, But He Was Being A Dick. Him And Calabrio. Its Not Like I Ever Instigate Anything. I Think Im Pretty Cool About Most Things. No Reason For Colabrio To Delete One Of My Posts And For Fossten To Treat Me The Way He Did.

Water off a duck's back. I think quite a few of us have had insults hurled at us in the political section, at one time or another. :D

Yup Your Right. Ill Just Stay Away From Their Ignorance And The Politic Section. All They Do Is Attack People On Here. They Are The Only Unfriendly Element On Here.

Yeah, But He Was Being A Dick. Him And Calabrio. Its Not Like I Ever Instigate Anything. I Think Im Pretty Cool About Most Things. No Reason For Colabrio To Delete One Of My Posts And For Fossten To Treat Me The Way He Did.

Political people are always Dicks...you should know this by now!

Yup Your Right. Ill Just Stay Away From Their Ignorance And The Politic Section. All They Do Is Attack People On Here. They Are The Only Unfriendly Element On Here.

I tend to taunt the those kind of people out easy....a smart man could ingnore me...and dumbass will fight/troll against me :-D

I think, without much effort you could find a few more on this site that are "unfriendly".
We had a similar problem on one of my other forums, and I personally solved that one with a little explaanation to those who thought some forum members had stepped over the line.
The same comparison can be made in all chat forums.
Here is what I said on the other forum.

"These "car" forums have many different sub forums or threads, dealing with many different subjects."
LVC is no different.
"These different sub forums are like a house with many rooms.
You go to rooms in that house that you feel comfortable in.
If someone is in that room that makes your skin crawl, you avoid that room in the house.
Same goes for a particular area within a forum.
If one is uncomfortable in a thread, just don't go there.
Simple solution.
Don't bother to piss and moan about it, just don't visit the areas that you feel uncomfortable in".

Bob.

Your Absolutely Right Bob. That Is A Good Way To Put It. By The Way, Nice Linc.

You Know I Agree With Most Of What You Guys Say In Here, But You Just Turned Me Against You. I Understand Why You And Your Cronies Arnt Liked Very Much On Lvc.

That is the problem. People throwing out reason, civility and a focus on the issues here in favor of humoring their vindictiveness, hatred and resentment toward others.

If you are going to do that then please leave this section of the forum and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I dont have a problem with conservatives. I have a problem with people not acknowledging my opinion. I'm conservative on a few issues. I'm a moderate if i were to be categorized.

Your actions indicate otherwise. You seem to be consistently condescending toward conservative opinion. You have said some things that suggest a leftist sentiment and I have yet to see anything that would suggest a conservative sentiment on anything.

I said most of the fallacies because i wanted you to see that anyone could do it.

Yes, anyone can do it. But that doesn't mean that all claims of fallacious reasoning are equally valid or invalid. I am very specific with what I say. I point out the specific fallacy that the argument is, and generally spell out (or at least link to a source) how the argument is fallacious. I don't simply throw out the accusation as you seem to be implying. But you effectively admitted that is what you were doing.

People mostly come here just to offer their opinion. When its a small, 1 or 2 sentence, silent argument, usually you're on it with some term to cancel their opinion. And foss is there to reiterate it. :p This isn't a formal forum, though i know sometimes it would seem like it. And sometimes, it's a good thing.

That is dependent on what the opinion is and how it if worded. Many of the people you see me "target" have a history on this forum that you are clearly unaware of. Also, many, like you, come in here and start condescending to one side or the other, often very ignorant of position they are trashing. I return that condescension in kind. I am only ever mirroring the degree of consideration and/or civility that whoever I am responding to has shown.

I wasn't making a point towards your arguments, i was pointing out how quickly you dismiss these peoples posts (in-turn not contributing), just because they were stating their opinions.

Again, I only approach someone with the same degree of consideration and/or civility they come into this forum with. However, I strive to avoid dishonesty.

I brought this up because i recently saw a lot of "dishonest" responses by you and Foss towards fox.

Examples?

Like i said, a holier than thou elitist.

From this quote:
I am sure you did. Can you give any proof for that? What is your standard? What characteristics do I exhibit that lead you to reach that conclusion? Or do you simply have a personal issue with me?
Now how is that elitist?

You have your opinion on subjects. It's your opinion for a reason. You think it's the right one. If you didn't think that, it wouldn't be yours. You seem to forget, every time you respond, others have the same.

You don't seem to get this; I only mirror the degree of consideration and/or civility that whoever I am responding to has shown. If they are mischaracterizing what I am saying, that is inherently dishonest and uncivil as well as lacking in consideration; in short, it is very rude. I treat them accordingly.

Also, not all opinions are equal. Some are based in ignorance, some are based in misinformation, some lack critical thinking in their formation, etc, etc. And it varies; any person has many well formed opinions and some not so well formed. I tend to only comment authoritatively on things I know quite a bit about and have spent a great deal of time analyzing. If you read some of my posts in the actual car section of this forum, you will see that I am very deferential because I am not knowledgeable enough to talk authoritatively on a lot of those things.

One of the beautiful things about an honest debate is that people can test their opinions against others and see if there are in flaws in the formation of that opinion. However, when you have people looking to simply condescend to others, or simply attack others they disagree with, there can be no honest debate. Those type of actions should not be tolerated, which is part of why I do what I do.

Typically this makes for a good debate. Unless the other side completely disregards their opinion and presses theirs continually, which is what i constantly see you doing.

You are ignoring the context of my actions. Look at the actions of the people I am responding to. Again, I am only mirroring the degree of consideration and/or civility that whoever I am responding to has shown.

I like debating because it gets you to think. I like to get inside of peoples heads, and see why they think the way they do. However, if one is arguing with a brick wall, you're not getting much accomplished.

But you come in here and start out by condescending to people and demonizing points of view that you don't disagree with. There can be no honest debate with you at that point. And once you establish a pattern of that type of belligerent behavior, people are going to treat you accordingly.

I agree, but it does show a certain humility, that is not prevalent with an ego.

It can be an indicator. But it is not a requirement. Humility can come in many other forms. And everyone has an ego; it is simply a question of weather it is too big or not.

And, it goes without saying, i could hold off on the "trolling". Except with foss, he deserves it. :p

I am sure he would say the same thing about you.

All I actually did was tell you that you were off topic. If that hurts your po wittle feewings, then you need to grow a skin. No self respecting Lincoln owner acts so butt hurt over so little. Are you sure you don't really drive a little ricer?:p

I would encourage you to post.
Not everyone in The Politics Section is a jerk.

I would be if more people like you would post. Maybe then the forum can move in the direction it was intented for.

So let your skin get a little thicker and keep posting.

Don't let the likes of fossten bully you out, thats what he wants.
He dosen't want the forum it to thrive.
He just wants to push people around and trash the hard work others put into posts.
Just ignore his irresponsible trolling.

Why is it that the few people who intelligently break down a conversation to get to the bottom of everything BASHED? I'm not going to say any names except Wiggles, who is the OPPOSITE of the aforementioned. ;)

I would encourage you to post.
Not everyone in The Politics Section is a jerk.

I would be if more people like you would post. Maybe then the forum can move in the direction it was intented for.

So let your skin get a little thicker and keep posting.

Don't let the likes of fossten bully you out, thats what he wants.
He dosen't want the forum it to thrive.
He just wants to push people around and trash the hard work others put into posts.
Just ignore his irresponsible trolling.
zzz...I thought you were going to stop that kind of talk. That didn't take long. :rolleyes:
I am tired of "having at it" Shag.
It never ends, and it destroys threads that people have put time and energy into.
I am tired of all of it.
If this thread helps clear the air so most people feel they can post in the politics forum without being trolled then this thread has a use.

Insults and back and forth, and personal attacks do not promote positive and open discussion in community forums.
I won't do it anymore.
If you think I am, call me on it and I will do my best to explain my actions.

I have challenged fossten to do the same.

Why is it that the few people who intelligently break down a conversation to get to the bottom of everything BASHED? I'm not going to say any names except Wiggles, who is the OPPOSITE of the aforementioned. ;)

Talk about incoherent.

zzz...I thought you were going to stop that kind of talk. That didn't take long. :rolleyes:

Whats the matter fossten....the truth getting to you?
The only reason your here is to insult and trash threads.
Just like here.

How did that contribute to the discussion?
It just distracts and drags the thread down.
Something your a master at.

You have no intrest in a real discussion, only to insult, bully, and pretty much be a jerk.
Your a clown with only one agenda here.
This thread was made for us to have at it.
So I am free to insult you here.
I will contuinue to do so until you change your evil ways.

There is no good in the way you act.
It shows your true lack of character.

Basically, yeah.
For the time being, I'm dumping the toxic (but not TOS violating) stuff into this thread. It will keep it contained. It will avoid having to "delete" anything. And it's 100% transparent.

Whats the matter fossten....the truth getting to you?
The only reason your here is to insult and trash threads.
Just like here.

How did that contribute to the discussion?
It just distracts and drags the thread down.
Something your a master at.

You have no intrest in a real discussion, only to insult, bully, and pretty much be a jerk.
Your a clown with only one agenda here.
I will contuinue to do so until you change your evil ways.

There is no good in the way you act.
It shows your true lack of character.
You're callling me evil? Oh, you've really cut me to the heart now. Better work on those insults, fifth grade stuff doesn't even get me warm.

You're callling me evil? Oh, you've really cut me to the heart now. Better work on those insults, fifth grade stuff doesn't even get me warm.

Naw....I don't think your evil, just a puss who can't man up to a simple challange.

Who knows maybe your addicted to trolling.
Maybe You could start with one day out of the week you wont troll.

Baby steps.
Keep you goals small so you can reach them.
If you have to troll come here and let me have it.
I can to hold your hand.

Naw....I don't think your evil, just a puss who can't man up to a simple challange.

Who knows maybe your addicted to trolling.
Maybe You could start with one day out of the week you wont troll.

Baby steps.
Keep you goals small so you can reach them.
If you have to troll come here and let me have it.
I can to hold your hand.
Well, you definitely have a strong need for the attention, I'll give you that.

Foss, i think you should watch this.

YouTube - Dr. Zakir Naik - Does God exist?

This guy has his moments. I respect him.

But, more directly, i like this because i have respect for the qur'an.

The bible just got infinatly better.

Matthew 27:52
And the curtain of the Temple was parted in two from end to end; and there was an earth-shock; and the rocks were broken; And the resting-places of the dead came open; and the bodies of a number of sleeping saints came to life; And coming out of their resting-places, after he had come again from the dead, they went into the holy town and were seen by a number of people.

Zombies are real. I need to prepare.

Members online

No members online now.
Back