Best oil for the ls!

..... recommended amsoil, royal purple, and i am now recommending redline motor oil!!!!

Redline is excellent if you have the deep pockets for it.. Same for Amsoil.. I use RP because I've heard good things about it and it's about 6-7 a quart.. 3-4 bucks cheaper than Amsoil.. (I am a penny pincher.. Just not on oil)

thats what im sayiN!!!! we r talking about synthetic oil changes not regular oils....i dont want to get into reg vs synth....but we r talkin about the best oil you can get which so far we have recommended amsoil, royal purple, and i am now recommending redline motor oil!!!!

DUDE!!!! I know what the topic is! but I was telling him not YOU! that "50 is alot unless he is using SYNTHETIC!!!!" then that price is good. Do you know for sure if HE is even using synthetic?????? He never said anything about using synthetic he just said he rather have the dealer change it for 50!!!!

No not the dealer. I am talking about the motorcraft synthetic blend. It is usuall around fifty bucks when I could get it changed. Now I do it myself since I can no longer use quick change shops.

I dunno. I guess I don't think fifty is alot for that? I would
much rather pay 50 than do it myself. But it is the price I. Pay to have a lowered car.

And Pete. U can store the oil yourself. Milk jugs are a good option since they have a cap and handle already.

$50 is not bad for synthetic pretty normal...I wasnt sure if you used regular or not.

And Pete. U can store the oil yourself. Milk jugs are a good option since they have a cap and handle already.

Yeah, I suppose. I have 2 drain pans in the lean-to storage area to the side of my garage. One's filled with oil, the other is filled with antifreeze.

Or you can just dig a hole about 100 yards from your house and pour everything in and toss some dirt over it. That'll take care of it :D:D

yeah, I guess that was before I had the truck. I did not want to haul a bucket of used motor oil in the LS.

Do they charge for disposing of it? Environmental fee or anything? I'd probably start doing it myself if it were free, but no drain pan will fit under the lowered car. Gotta get ou tthe damn jack stands. I suppose I could stack up some boards or something to drive up onto to do it.

They don't charge you, they usually have a tank in the back of the store that you dump it into.

About to put this in the car tomorrow.

SDC11043.jpg

0W-30?
Whatever you want to put in but I think it is 5w-30 that is suppose to go in.. That will work just fine for the summer though..

0W-30?
Whatever you want to put in but I think it is 5w-30 that is suppose to go in.. That will work just fine for the summer though..

On the back the of bottle it says it can replace either 5W-30 or 10W-30. And in the owner manual it calls for 5w 20

Or you can just dig a hole about 100 yards from your house and pour everything in and toss some dirt over it. That'll take care of it :D:D

then the dirt will filter out the bad stuff leaving all the good stuff at the very bottom making you a one very rich person after you sell your land

My luck it would go into the ground water. I'm on well and septic at my place.

castrol full synthetic here :p

Too bad Castrol isn't a true synthetic but a reformulated petroleum based oil.....

This is a long read but worth it.

From all the reading I have done, the only true synthetics left are R.P., Amsoil and Red Line. The rest use a petroleum base.

Too bad Castrol isn't a true synthetic but a reformulated petroleum based oil.....

From all the reading I have done, the only true synthetics left are R.P., Amsoil and Red Line. The rest use a petroleum base.

oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh snapppppp kiddd!!!!!

I actually already read what TDUB posted so I'm looking to put in RP full synthetic from my customs shop once I need my next oil change..or by chance I could get it done ASAP to help my car's lifespan

Is this true?? All other brands are petroleum based oil? And RP, Amsoil, Red line are the best?

Sorry SG... the Motorcraft "synthetic blend" is junk.

Many years ago... my ex bought an Escape with 30k miles, (shortly after becoming my ex). She always took it to the dealer for oil changes.

At around 100k... her oil pan gasket started leaking.

Well... when I pulled the pan... the pan, windage tray, bearing caps... and oil pump pickup screen were covered with a crusty sludge.

I pulled the pump and windage tray... and spent a couple hours scraping and cleaning everything off. The pan was the worst. I then reassembled everything and installed the pan with the new gasket.

It is my understanding that Valvoline manufactures the Motorcraft "Synthetic Blend" oil.

It is also my understanding that Valvoline uses paraffin, (a type of wax), in their regular (non-synthetic) oils.

What happens to wax when exposed to heat? It melts and "cooks off". Thus the sludge in the ex's Escape.

The ex now uses Pennzoil conventional oil (no paraffin), and Fram filter in her Escape... and hasn't been to the local dealer since.

Mario,

I've been using Mobile 1 full synthetic products for decades. Both oil and trans fluid... in various vehicles. However... I do buy the Motorcraft Mercron V trans fluid for my LS... because it is fully synthetic.

My (new in 1995) F-150 trans fluid was changed out at 50k miles, (originally "Type F"), and has been running on Mobil 1 synthetic trans fluid since then... with 225k miles.

First thing I did when I bought my LS with 74k miles... is change out the oil to Mobil 1.

The LS now has 233k miles on it with no mechanical engine problems. (hope I didn't just jinx myself)

I had a bad experience with Amzoil at one point... and will not buy there products any more.

So in my experience Mobil 1 is a good product..
and considerably less expensive than some of the other synthetic oils mentioned in this thread.

Members online

Back