Best oil for the ls!

jtammerine

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
im gettin my oil changed tomorrow..and i wanted to kno what you guys on here used...i used valvoline my last oil change..what u think is best?

I go to the dealer for my oil changes. :eek:

But I like them to use motorcraft oil/filter. it's not worth my time to try to dispose of the old oil.

The first four years after I bought the car I used Royal Purple. Switched to Amsoil last year. Just got my order of Amsoil Signature series oil in the mail two days ago.

The first four years after I bought the car I used Royal Purple. Switched to Amsoil last year. Just got my order of Amsoil Signature series oil in the mail two days ago.

royal purple is waaaaaaay to expensive to be putting in these cars

Explain. The LS uses a high-compression, tight tolerance 4-valve per cylinder engine. A good synthetic can only help! I've been using synthetic (Mobil1 at first, RP now) for over 160K miles now. I change the oil every 10K miles and don't worry about viscosity breakdown.

My car is too low to get my oil changed @ a quick change... That is one major downfall of lowering IMO. I can change my own oil, but I would rather pay $50 and have it done and done quickly without messing with anything.

I wish I could find a place that does not use those stupid underground/railing system. They have those rails elevated like 5" to keep grandma from driving her car into the pit.

royal purple is so much more expensive than most synthetics, and scince regular oil isnt going to destroy the motor nor make it run worse than it should, royal purple it way more that i am going to spend on a daily driver sedan, remember its not a racecar like some think

My dealership uses a lift. But it's the one that you drive up onto, not the ones with the arms that swing in and support the frame. I always stand there while they drive itup onto the lift, and remind them everytime that the car is really fecking low. They've been very careful so far.

royal purple is so much more expensive than most synthetics, and scince regular oil isnt going to destroy the motor nor make it run worse than it should, royal purple it way more that i am going to spend on a daily driver sedan, remember its not a racecar like some think

For what I pay for Amsoil, Royal Purple is a drop in the bucket. Looking at the difference between the price is lil jump but my changing interval is a lot less. It's all about what your preference is and what you are comfortable paying for things when it comes to your car.

Yea I went to two local 'quick change' places. Both have underground pits that you drive over.

One of the guys said he has never seen a car too low to go over his shop's rails before - my LS was the first. I need to measure how low it actually is, because sometimes I don't realize just how low I sit... I guess I forget.

I wish I could find a place that has a non-homo lift.

i use royal purple. seriously you cant cough up the extra 20 bucks once every 3 months to get royal purple at about 8 dollars a quart? stop being a j*w!!!

Has anybody ever run Motul? I run it in all my bikes and love it.

i use royal purple. seriously you cant cough up the extra 20 bucks once every 3 months to get royal purple at about 8 dollars a quart? stop being a j*w!!!

Me too! I run Royal Purple with a K&N oil filter.. I guess it reduces friction and what not.. With my e3s, I gained about 3 mpgs.. (Went from 19.5 to 22.3 average mpgs)

I can change my own oil, but I would rather pay $50 and have it done and done quickly without messing with anything.

Damn! dude isnt $50 alot for a oil change?...when i used to take it to the dealer for a oil change they would only charge about $38. Assuming your not using synthetic...

Damn! dude isnt $50 alot for a oil change?...when i used to take it to the dealer for a oil change they would only charge about $38. Assuming your not using synthetic...

so wut do u mean....cuz 38 for synthetic at a dealer is unheard of unless you got a coupon or a hookup or sunthin. i used to go to my old job at sears and pay for reg oil and watch my boy put in synth all the time. now i just do it in the driveway of some abandoned house on my block...nice nieghborhood...:)

he didn't as what was the most cost effective oil, he asked

what u think is best?

and RP and amsoil are two of the best oils you can get.

just because these cars can be bought for real cheap now days doesn't mean that they were designed cheap.

I use Mobile1 extended performance, and i change the oil about every 11000-12000 miles

it's not worth my time to try to dispose of the old oil.

most of the auto parts stores around here recycle your old oil for you, i just take in my old oil from the last oil change when i buy the stuff to change it at the same time, mostly because i just dont trust people. if i do it myself, i know how good of a job was done.

yeah, I guess that was before I had the truck. I did not want to haul a bucket of used motor oil in the LS.

Do they charge for disposing of it? Environmental fee or anything? I'd probably start doing it myself if it were free, but no drain pan will fit under the lowered car. Gotta get ou tthe damn jack stands. I suppose I could stack up some boards or something to drive up onto to do it.

so wut do u mean....cuz 38 for synthetic at a dealer is unheard of unless you got a coupon or a hookup or sunthin. i used to go to my old job at sears and pay for reg oil and watch my boy put in synth all the time. now i just do it in the driveway of some abandoned house on my block...nice nieghborhood...:)

Huh?....I never said $38 for synthetic at a dealer. I said $38 for a regular oil change at the dealer is what i used to get...& i said $50 for a regular oil change anywhere sounds like a lil too much.

Huh?....I never said $38 for synthetic at a dealer. I said $38 for a regular oil change at the dealer is what i used to get...& i said $50 for a regular oil change anywhere sounds like a lil too much.

thats what im sayiN!!!! we r talking about synthetic oil changes not regular oils....i dont want to get into reg vs synth....but we r talkin about the best oil you can get which so far we have recommended amsoil, royal purple, and i am now recommending redline motor oil!!!!

I use Mobile1 extended performance, and i change the oil about every 11000-12000 miles

I plan to change mine about 6000-7000 depending on how/where I drove.. 2nd oil change since I had the car, I started using royal purple..

just so we r on the same page.....will this one work for my car??

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=HP-1014

I believe mine was the HP-1014.. Look at LSKoncepts.. Under the filters.. It shows what years and engines and you can buy from them.. I got my RP and K&N from Summit Racing..

Members online

No members online now.
Back