Been a while but I’m back with something crazy

JoeyGood

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I did a search but for nothing with the same symptoms as mine

So I’m back in NEW YORK for 3 weeks so far after working in multiple countries for a lil over a year. First thing I did was go and prep my mark before I start her up after a long sit. I do all the good and proper things (new oil, plugs, change the belt, check and grease all fittings, check the battery etc.) and she starts up like a champ and it purring like a kitten and everything is working just like it’s supposed to.

Yesterday the driver’s seat seemed to stop working when I first got in and I noticed the mirrors also stopped or responding to the controls but the steering wheel goes where it should. First thing I do is run a system check on the info center and I got a weird answer on the autoglide witch said can not verify. At this point I said ok let me check the fuse box and see what’s up. I check all the fuses and all seemed to be fine so I check all fuses and relays under the hood and those are fine also. So I check the switches on the seat and the only thing working is the lower back support witch I’m assuming there is power going to the seat and I check and all wire harness’ are connected fine.

My question now is before I take apart the seat to see what it is can someone tell me if there is a fuse under the seat that could have gone bad or should I expect something worse like find a new seat assembly and track

Any help on this is greatly appreciated

:confused:

You have a bad memory module would be my guess seeing how the seats and mirrors are both involved.

Thanks for the the quick reply

would that cause the the seat and the mirrors to stop working all together?

I check the memory on the door and it lights up when I pushed the off button and the info center says that it's recalling the setting for 1 and 2 but nothing happens

would the memory module be under the seat or somewhere else?

I'm not exactly positive where that part is but I do believe it's either under the seat or inside the door panel. Seems like it's under the seat and the auto down module for the windows is in the door panel. Either way, I'm almost 100% positive you either have a bad connection on a harness under your seat or the memory module has went bad. Maybe disconnecting the battery and resetting the PCM might fix it for you. Hard to see the module going bad from just setting. Anything is possible though.

se4a.jpg

Hanging there to the bottom left.

A bad memory module will make the seat and mirrors not work there is a reset button on it if you can get the seat to move it is on the back of the box it's a little white button. When mine went out the seat was all the way forward and when I could not get the seat to go back I started looking around, low and behold I find this little white button that makes the seat go back to it's original location

WOW thank you both for all the info

As soon as i get a chance I'll check and if by chance i need one of these are they easy to get or do i have to hunt them down?

That photo is from a 94 seat. If yours is a Gen 2 it's in a different spot under the seat. It's a little harder to get to, but I think there is a fuse there somewhere, I forget exactly where.

That photo is from a 94 seat. If yours is a Gen 2 it's in a different spot under the seat. It's a little harder to get to, but I think there is a fuse there somewhere, I forget exactly where.

thanks for the info
2 days of rain has kept me from removing the seat ... as soon as i get under there i will let you know

Mice...................................I've had issues with them before.

But I would follow NoLimit's advice too. Those modules can be pesky sometimes.

Members online

Back