Been 3 months, how do SCP components hold up?

If you sell the Mark, let me know. I'll buy that Cobra fuel rail from you.

Sorry about that happening, but how is a wheel weight hitting the control arm boot the fault of SCP?
I'd think it was whomever put the aftermarket wheels on their car and didn't check the clearance, lock to lock, like you should always do with aftermarket wheels especially when changing parts...
Another thing to do is have the tire place use stick on weights that might help with clearance...

Sorry about that happening, but how is a wheel weight hitting the control arm boot the fault of SCP?
I'd think it was whomever put the aftermarket wheels on their car and didn't check the clearance, lock to lock, like you should always do with aftermarket wheels especially when changing parts...
Another thing to do is have the tire place use stick on weights that might help with clearance...
Reading>you

Did I even once say the wheel weight was SCPs fault? No, I seaid Discount Tire did and that its no big deal and they will fix it.

The boots splitting on the tie rods is BS and the upper ball joint boot rupturing is BS. I didnt overfill the tie rods and the UCA ball joint is sealed, both cases was due to an inferior rubber being used.
The wheel weight does not come close to hitting the boot, it hits the spindle.

Sorry, the way you had it worded made it seem like you where blaming them... Carry on... ;)

So after speaking to Bill at SCP I am fairly dissapointed...... and pissed.

His solution to my split tie rod boots? Buy the other poly ones from him. At a discount of course. $5 I think. But I get to pay shipping.

For the broken ball joint boot I get to purchase another UCA and shipping then in order to get my money back (minus shipping) I get to pay some more shipping to get the defective part back to him.

So it would have been cheaper, easier and not pissed me off had I just gone ahead and bought from Rock Auto.

Glad I dont need any more parts from SCP. Answers my question as to if I was gonna eventually get some headers from there.

So it would have been cheaper, easier and not pissed me off had I just gone ahead and bought from Rock Auto.
Not trying to sound like a dick, but I hope this serves as a lesson to the people that insist the Tokyo Tuffy brand is just as good as some of the other aftermarket stuff. Buy t-bird parts, and get moog. Just as good as OEM.

That sucks Laser. My car had OE brand parts on it that were on it when I bought it. They sucked hard. Creaky ball joints 3 yrs after they were installed. But the boots were ALL split like 3 months after they were installed. I just kept adding grease.

Not trying to sound like a dick, but I hope this serves as a lesson to the people that insist the Tokyo Tuffy brand is just as good as some of the other aftermarket stuff. Buy t-bird parts, and get moog. Just as good as OEM.

That sucks Laser. My car had OE brand parts on it that were on it when I bought it. They sucked hard. Creaky ball joints 3 yrs after they were installed. But the boots were ALL split like 3 months after they were installed. I just kept adding grease.
Oh I know. I had good luck with his other parts and he swore up and down how great his other parts were and gladly accepted my $700 order. I have spent a couple grand there but wont ever again. Next time I need braces I will just give the measurments of the ones I have and have them made. Dont care if it costs more.

I should have canceled the order and followed the advice and bought TRW's. I trusted him that they were just as good or better. He lied. I paid.

I am not gonna warrenty them. I will just buy Poly boots locally and get a TRW UCA for the passenger side. After I am done with taxes and blower install I will swap the UCA on the drivers side too.

I am not gonna warrenty them. I will just buy Poly boots locally and get a TRW UCA for the passenger side. After I am done with taxes and blower install I will swap the UCA on the drivers side too.

Autozone has them on their shelves with all of their other energy suspension pieces, down one of their isles, they only carry one size kit for tie rod end boots but they fit. The are usually next to the lift knots and shackles, but I walked out paying $13 local tax included for them.

Glad I dont need any more parts from SCP. Answers my question as to if I was gonna eventually get some headers from there.

Those wouldn't work with the upcoming turbo install, so it's just as well, phuck him and let him eat fish!

Jeff

has anyone here bought gears from him cause I did and the shop that was suppose to install them told me they wouldn't fit correctly and they weren't richmond gears which is what Bill told me they were so they put in some Ford Racing ones that the had laying around, I still don't know if I the shop or SCP screwed me over Cause the guy at the shop told me if they were Richmond gears it would be stamped on the gears

Bumping this just in case anyone has forgotten how chitty these parts are. Don't cheap out when your life and ride depend on it.

Oh I know. I had good luck with his other parts and he swore up and down how great his other parts were and gladly accepted my $700 order. I have spent a couple grand there but wont ever again. Next time I need braces I will just give the measurments of the ones I have and have them made. Dont care if it costs more.

I should have canceled the order and followed the advice and bought TRW's. I trusted him that they were just as good or better. He lied. I paid.

Now I know why you dont like SCP. I understand.

Bumping this just in case anyone has forgotten how chitty these parts are. Don't cheap out when your life and ride depend on it.

Well since your bumping this thread up...............................

I also bought upper and lower control arms from SCP just 2 days AFTER laser bought his......guess what....... mine still look new!!!!!!, no problems with them at all!!!! Now the Moog sway bar end links i bought from Rock Auto sucks d*ck and they need to be replaced already.

I also bought upper and lower control arms from SCP just 2 days AFTER laser bought his......guess what....... mine still look new!!!!!!, no problems with them at all!!!! Now the Moog sway bar end links i bought from Rock Auto sucks d*ck and they need to be replaced already.
And how many miles have you put on the car since then? Time means chit, mileage is what matters. Mine lasted about 4000-5000 miles before they failed.

Well in May i already had 5000 miles on them and since then ive added (well my wife has added) anothe 8500 so ive now got 13,500 miles.......

Well in May i already had 5000 miles on them and since then ive added (well my wife has added) anothe 8500 so ive now got 13,500 miles.......
Right arm. I must have installed them wrong and prolly just drive the car wrong then.

well now!

this really tells me scp has whatever parts he gets at the time, sometime good,sometimes crap.

if he doesnt state a brand,it means they are generics/inferior.

*{clapping hands}* good for you!!! I have never heard of moog being bad at all and rock auto has treated me and a lot of other people good! You and your car must be special:rolleyes:

I tol' you you weren't supposed to install them on the roof of the car. But as always, you just... don't... listen...

Damned kids, nowadays...
*drives car upside down*

*{clapping hands}* good for you!!! I have never heard of moog being bad at all and rock auto has treated me and a lot of other people good! You and your car must be special:rolleyes:

Way to act like a pure azzhole also:wrench:wrench Like stated above its hit and miss with quite a few parts, some brands have a lower failure rate than other brands..... I was just stating my experince with the same damn parts as Laser had with 3 times more miles than what his had, maybe mine came from a newer batch who knows!!!

Well I just replaced both of my LCAs with Mevotechs from RockAuto and after 500 miles they're like new, so suck it! ;)

Way to act like a pure azzhole also:wrench:wrench Like stated above its hit and miss with quite a few parts, some brands have a lower failure rate than other brands..... I was just stating my experince with the same damn parts as Laser had with 3 times more miles than what his had, maybe mine came from a newer batch who knows!!!

Takes one to know one:D oh, and that Mr.Azzhole to you;) I too have dealt with bill from scp and he acted like he had no time to help me with some questions as I WAS a potential buyer but after speaking with him I took my business elswhere! I could care less where anyone buys their parts for all that matters!

Members online

Back