Beat an LS-1 today with stock mk8 :)

MarkOfDeath said:
LT1=turd, if low end is to have a 4000 pound lincoln with only 281ci right beside you through first and a little through second then I guess you have low end.

Where in Illinois are you located? I'd like to come down and see you keep with me from the get go. My buddy has a 97 6-Speed Z, He told me If I trade him my 95 I can have the z for a week. :)

94m5 said:
Where in Illinois are you located? I'd like to come down and see you keep with me from the get go. My buddy has a 97 6-Speed Z, He told me If I trade him my 95 I can have the z for a week. :)
take him up on the offer , i would

MrWilson said:
all i know is it had an LS1 painted on the bottom of the door, like the IROC used to be....but your prolly right, it woulda had to be a v6 or mabey an lt1. But i tell ya, i was spinnin tires when i let off the break with that Throttle positioning sensor outa wack.

Was it finger painting..........lol

Im up for the offer, i wish my bro didnt destroy my video camera, because I have all these track videos, theres a couple were I would stay dead even with the LS1 we had the same 60 ft times and even are 1/8 was hella close. but ya whatever, Im in joliet. let me put the hooks on my car and we will see. Now im only trying to stay even through 1st and little bit in 2nd so what happens when i roast ya. :waving:

Brad, what was your last E.T. without any BS correction factors ?

14.4 @ 98 some nights however it runs better and im sure it runs faster to now that I got a new o2 as well as new plugs because I had :q:q:q:qy bosch plat 2s oh and i take out the 200 pounds on garbage in my trunk

I just ran 15.4's out at Thunder Valley here in OKC last night with 200,000mi on the odo and totally stock. Just did a few runs for a baseline. Next few mods will be pulleys and a cold air unit.

Hey SHO89MTX, PM me and lets talk Marks sometime. I live just North of Norman. Later.

Ok, guys,

I traded my mark viii a while back, but was wondering what the factory gear ratio was in the rear end...

Oh, yea, I now own a 96 Impala SS, With a few tricks in the works...so watch out!

BTW: This has been a very interesting post to read! I must say from now owning both cars, they are very well matched as far as the fun level, although i do miss my mark.

Peace out!

ONEBADMK8 said:
Non LSC Models had 3.07 and LSC's had 3.27. A stock Mark will destroy an Impala SS.
oh heck yeah they will! Wouldn't even be a close race. I would not compare an impalla SS to a t/a or Z28 just because they have the same engine, because that's a way heavier car with 2 extra doors. I used to beat impalla ss's in my 4 door ford taurus SHO! it would be a complete waste of gas to race them in any of my t/a's :steering

LT1 Camaros and Trans Ams are fast. I raced one with exhaust, cold air intake and crank pulley, it was an auto and he pulled on me about 1 1/2 car up to 90mph. He just left me off the line but after we got going he wasn't pulling anymore. Remember I have run a 14.3 before. I think if my car had trac-loc it would be even but don't underestimate the LT1. I have seen some run 15's at the track but their engine probably needed a big tune up. As for LS1's go don't even think about it unless you are spraying.

sho89mtx said:
oh heck yeah they will! Wouldn't even be a close race. I would not compare an impalla SS to a t/a or Z28 just because they have the same engine, because that's a way heavier car with 2 extra doors. I used to beat impalla ss's in my 4 door ford taurus SHO! it would be a complete waste of gas to race them in any of my t/a's :steering

Exception being that the LT-1 in the Fbody has aluminum heads and more HP than the Impy. Most of the 9C1 caprices have been beat to death in service and have lost a step or two as well.

95LSC32V said:
LT1 Camaros and Trans Ams are fast. I raced one with exhaust, cold air intake and crank pulley, it was an auto and he pulled on me about 1 1/2 car up to 90mph. He just left me off the line but after we got going he wasn't pulling anymore. Remember I have run a 14.3 before. I think if my car had trac-loc it would be even but don't underestimate the LT1. I have seen some run 15's at the track but their engine probably needed a big tune up. As for LS1's go don't even think about it unless you are spraying.
a LT1 running 15's? I was in a local car club of f-bodies and we had about 140 f-bodies(lt1's and LS1 cars)and the slowest time anyone ever ran was in a LT1 ant that was a 14.4 with bald tires. that guy either really didn't know how to drive his car or had a v6 with all the trim of a t/a, they do that a lot around here where they buy a v6, change out the wing, add dual exhaust and put t/a badges so people think they have a V8

sho89mtx said:
a LT1 running 15's? I was in a local car club of f-bodies and we had about 140 f-bodies(lt1's and LS1 cars)and the slowest time anyone ever ran was in a LT1 ant that was a 14.4 with bald tires. that guy either really didn't know how to drive his car or had a v6 with all the trim of a t/a, they do that a lot around here where they buy a v6, change out the wing, add dual exhaust and put t/a badges so people think they have a V8

I've seen some sad times here as well, there was a 2.73 geared A-4 only trapping 93 in the very high 14's all night long last summer at a test and tune at 131.

scott9050 said:
I've seen some sad times here as well, there was a 2.73 geared A-4 only trapping 93 in the very high 14's all night long last summer at a test and tune at 131.
2.73 A4's? That's a Z28, t/a's only have two options, 3.23's and 3.42 for the 6 speed. I had a 3.23's in both of my A4's

The Z28 I raced had the 3.23 auto, makes a big difference off the line.

sho89mtx said:
2.73 A4's? That's a Z28, t/a's only have two options, 3.23's and 3.42 for the 6 speed. I had a 3.23's in both of my A4's

Yea....2.73's were availible in the autos.

94m5 said:
Yea....2.73's were availible in the autos.
I know the z28's had that option, but thought t/a's came stock with 3.23's or 3.42's. Where u getting your info on that? I'm curious

sho89mtx said:
I know the z28's had that option, but thought t/a's came stock with 3.23's or 3.42's. Where u getting your info on that? I'm curious

When you've been into F-Bodies since you can remember, and been a member of a 50,000+ Member message board, you pick a few things up. :)

Check out, www.camaroz28.com

Do a search for "trans am 2.73"

Mike

94m5 said:
When you've been into F-Bodies since you can remember, and been a member of a 50,000+ Member message board, you pick a few things up. :)

Check out, www.camaroz28.com

Do a search for "trans am 2.73"

Mike
well i'll have to take your word for it, because U can't search for anything without being a member and don't want to register. It's odd though because out of all my friends in the car club, the only ones that had 2.73's were my Z28 friends and that was out of a lot of people. Must not of sold many 2.73 geared t/a's here in oklahoma.....we wanted more power

In 4th gen F-bodies, all the auto's came standard 2.73, with 3.23 as an option, then all the 6-speeds had 3.42's.

PioneerCrazed said:
In 4th gen F-bodies, all the auto's came standard 2.73, with 3.23 as an option, then all the 6-speeds had 3.42's.
u sure? because t/a's were basically the optioned-up z28's. Meaning U couldn't by a 97 or 99 t/a(the ones I owned)with cloth seats, no power everything, no cd player etc)those all came standard, but the Z28's didn't come up with any options, everything cost extra that why they were a lot cheaper than t/a's?

Members online

Back