Beat an LS-1 today with stock mk8 :)

sho89mtx said:
ok not that I'm the biggest expert in the world on these cars, but my last 2 cars before this Mark VIII was a 1997 T/A with the LT1 engine and my last one was a 99 T/A with an LS1 in it. Now there is a huge difference in speed btwn my LS1 and LT1. My LS1 would run 13.4's bone stock and my LT1 had tons of mods on it and only ran a personal best of 14.2. I could see you getting close to an LT1 stock for stock, but my 99 LS1 could not be touched by anything on the road except the very high priced sportscars like a porshe 911 turbo and once got beat by a AMG, but that's the only 2 cars that ever even came close to me besides the same engined cars and Me like the LS1 z28's and T/A's. That car was crazy fast! It would turn sideways on a second gear scratch with the traction control on. But it also cost me $400/month in car payments :)

He speaks the truth, LS1 is hella fast but the LT1 is a POS, but I mean he didnt race any 5.0s if he never got beat in the LS1.

MarkOfDeath said:
He speaks the truth, LS1 is hella fast but the LT1 is a POS, but I mean he didnt race any 5.0s if he never got beat in the LS1.
please tell me your joking about 5.0's beating LS1's. I've raced every single mustang GT, Cobra u could think of except the 04' supercharged stangs because they are very rare around here, but I would beat them like a red-headed step-child. Wasn't even close!

sho89mtx said:
please tell me your joking about 5.0's beating LS1's. I've raced every single mustang GT, Cobra u could think of except the 04' supercharged stangs because they are very rare around here, but I would beat them like a red-headed step-child. Wasn't even close!
here's what it looked like:

COFBASIG.jpg

well im from the chicagoland area so street racing is big here 12 sec stangs every where

MarkOfDeath said:
well im from the chicagoland area so street racing is big here 12 sec stangs every where
wow, that is a huge difference! At the track here, they have stangs that have about $5000 invested in them and still only run 13's, it's pretty sad

The Lt1 is a POS? Ha!!!

Why do you think this? the Lt1 is one of the best sounding, Best performing small block chevy ever made. Yea, they have some typical problems, like the Optispark, and a common intake oil leak. BUT, the engine pulls like a bastard fron idle, and can cruise all day long at 25 MPG.

The mark has just as many, if not more common problems. I used to own a 97 Z28, that would turn 13.7-13.9 all day stock. After the 383 went in I was running 11.6-11.9's I could have had alot more, but I was running stock suspension, and stock gears.

The lt1 is ALOT easier to mod for power than the 4.6L...........Eh' I've been in the garage all day long, I need a shower so I'll wrap this up. The LT1 is one hell of an engine, and VERY potent with the right person turning the wrenches.

Mike

couldent agree more! i used to be all ford but i have been hanging out with f-body guys alot lately, cuz all the ford guys around here are pusssys, and im starting to like those motors.

this is my frind JB with his 69 its not an ls1 or lt1 but it will still rape any one here. i was in it when he raced some one. all i can say is wow
http://www.ermca.com/videos/ermca-69dyno.wmv
490 BB NA 850 CFM vary mild cam 700R4, reverse valve body, 3000 stall, 12 bolt rear with 3.73:1

94m5 said:
The Lt1 is a POS? Ha!!!

Why do you think this? the Lt1 is one of the best sounding, Best performing small block chevy ever made. Yea, they have some typical problems, like the Optispark, and a common intake oil leak. BUT, the engine pulls like a bastard fron idle, and can cruise all day long at 25 MPG.

The mark has just as many, if not more common problems. I used to own a 97 Z28, that would turn 13.7-13.9 all day stock. After the 383 went in I was running 11.6-11.9's I could have had alot more, but I was running stock suspension, and stock gears.

The lt1 is ALOT easier to mod for power than the 4.6L...........Eh' I've been in the garage all day long, I need a shower so I'll wrap this up. The LT1 is one hell of an engine, and VERY potent with the right person turning the wrenches.

Mike
Yeah the LT1 motor is not a POS by any means, just not as "factory fast" as an LS1, but never had any problems with either one

thanks,
scott

Markviiiedrea said:
couldent agree more! i used to be all ford but i have been hanging out with f-body guys alot lately, cuz all the ford guys around here are pusssys, and im starting to like those motors.

this is my frind JB with his 69 its not an ls1 or lt1 but it will still rape any one here. i was in it when he raced some one. all i can say is wow
http://www.ermca.com/videos/ermca-69dyno.wmv
490 BB NA 850 CFM vary mild cam 700R4, reverse valve body, 3000 stall, 12 bolt rear with 3.73:1

Holy :q Holy :q Holy :q Holy :q Holy :q ! Wow man that was awesome. Hell I jumped backed when that kat laid it down. Man the strain that put on the arrestor straps. You see the back tires changing form under the pressure.

sho89mtx said:

I have an AOD 90 LX and am 4-0 versus LS-1's :Beer Of course I am not close to stock either, but I didn't have a power adder for any of the races. I have a 150 wet shot waiting to go on, I just have to get the wrecked Mark out of my Mustangs garage space.

eL eS said:
Holy :q Holy :q Holy :q Holy :q Holy :q ! Wow man that was awesome. Hell I jumped backed when that kat laid it down. Man the strain that put on the arrestor straps. You see the back tires changing form under the pressure.
try rideing in it ! :N ! all NA too about a mid 11 sec car, the one time we where at the track he snaped the axel off the line it was so cool!

Eh, well thats a camaro, so i dont blame it for pulling that little power. If you want a real F body car, the 73 455 Super Duty was where it was at. 380hp, and 400 lb ft...for a car in 73. That motor is so restricted by emmisions, that if you decided to rip out all the factory emmisions passing crap, and replaced the heads, intake, and exhaust to better flowing stuff, for about $6000 you can jump that beast up to almost 550-600 rwhp, and 600-625 lb RwLb-ft. The 400 block is just as potent, cept they wont pull those kind of numbers, yet they will be much cheeper to mod. Heck, just by changing the exhaust to 3" TDE with hooker headers, you can make another 50hp. Pontiacs rock, im sorry...they do.

Im not here to say the LT1s can't be fast but I spank them on the street all the time and I know for a fact they dont pull hard from low end either does the LS1. every time I race an LS1 I stay with him til 2nd and it starts pulling away. theres alot that can be done to the 4.6 just not in these lincoln cause they are friggin huge. :Beer

MarkOfDeath said:

Brad, you HAVE to come out to Chicago, by my house, one of these weekends when it's nice. You will have one hell of a time.

I am prolly going cruisin' tonight with about 10 Cobra's, GT's, and couple LS1's. Couple of my buddies have some 03' GT's and Cobra's, their starting up a nice car club around the Chicagoland area, just for cruisin', BS'in about cars, going to meets, etc..

It's rediculous how many Stang's, trans-am's, and Camaro's are out here. As well as the hilarious imports and serious Evo's/WRX STI's.

I'll hit you up soon... This weekends supposed to be pretty nice out. We'll just have to see.

MarkOfDeath said:
v6 hell you would know, I race alot and I raced a 2000 v6 camaro and man I didnt even have to floor it and I beat the punk ass by hella lot but i think he gave up after i blew his doors off.
hell fing ya finely somone who likes to street race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its nice out now, Ill be looking for you as rosebud aka: 175th st
South side Chitown
Hint: bring cash, $50s and $100 are the onely bills you need

MrWilson said:
the one to realy be affraid of, is the joker who surprises the S outa everyone, and takes grandmas Buick roadmaster to the shop, gets a shift kit in there, burns the chip to change the shift points, and smokes your face off at the light. Be weary of them, theres a nasty one arround here. I think hes running 14.5's basicly stock.
i've seen that at atco , it has some form of exhaust also , big ass sleeper

I would love to make the ride up to chi town but my air ride is fuked up, but hey I just placed an order for some nitrous. just seconds ago so if my sturt comes in and NOS as well hell ya I will bring cash. but I really aint going to need it. keep this secret and together we can scam them all downtown. :Beer :nos: *owned*

hey jon im up for it, gimme a bit ok i got to sort some thing out and get my car running stronger.

MarkOfDeath said:
hey jon im up for it, gimme a bit ok i got to sort some thing out and get my car running stronger.
hell ya I'm sick of husling, we could just roll up and show every one why lincoln's are the sh it.
hell ya this summer we are going to make some real money!!!!
Iv seen it all there racing for slips, a few G's, shoting, and even seen a race for an OZ of weed and a not 1/2 bad pice of pussy.
How far are you from chitown?

Markviiiedrea said:
lt1 are known for low end tq, thats why there so awsome cuz they have tq all along the power curve.
exactly! Someone doesn't know about LT1 or LS1 engines if you think they have no low end torque :)hahahhahah. BOth cars had crazy low-end torque, just the LS1 was way better off the line than the LT1 engine

LT1=turd, if low end is to have a 4000 pound lincoln with only 281ci right beside you through first and a little through second then I guess you have low end.

MarkOfDeath said:
LT1=turd, if low end is to have a 4000 pound lincoln with only 281ci right beside you through first and a little through second then I guess you have low end.
hahahaha, quit dreaming. U must of raced some v6's with badges on them, because there wasn't a stang on the streets of okc that could hang with my LT1, let a lone a 4000lbs mark VIII, trust me on that one.

Markviiiedrea said:
try rideing in it ! :N ! all NA too about a mid 11 sec car, the one time we where at the track he snaped the axel off the line it was so cool!

I have a friend with a 98 cobra that is tuned pretty nicely. He let me take it out one day and it gave me such a rush when I hit the gas and rode it out that I got nauseous. It really takes a lot of skill to hold that kind of power steady.

Members online

No members online now.
Back