Beat an LS-1 today with stock mk8 :)

Hay, man iv been busy as anything. New woman in my life, buckleing down for the last month of school, and prom insanity this last week. Its good to be back though!

OOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mr. WilsonNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

Where were ya'? YOU MISSED OUT ON THE 1ST.

I KNOW! DARNIT! Well, my grandmother died, so i wasnt able to make it. But, im back now, so next time....btw, when is the next time

MrWilson said:
I KNOW! DARNIT! Well, my grandmother died, so i wasnt able to make it. But, im back now, so next time....btw, when is the next time

DAMN Dude, sory to hear that. My condolences. I have no idea when the next time is.

ONEBADMK8 said:
DAMN Dude, sory to hear that. My condolences. I have no idea when the next time is.

awww, thanks man... but, back to life now, eh?

:bsflag:

Ok, to put this to rest, i own a 98 camaro SS (LS1) M6 car. NO F(CKING WAY DID YOU BEAT AN LS1 CAR. Sorry. LS1's dyno 290-310 at the wheels. With minor bolt ons they run 12's. They are great motors and not much can touch them. A simple head/cam swap and exhaust and your way into the 12's/11's depending on cam. My car ran 12.8 with crappy tires.

As far as a stang beating a LS1, not unless its an 03+ cobra. Stangs dont make much hp (gt) and you have to do gear work, full exhaust etc. to even be on the same field as a stock ls1. Fox bodie stangs have a good aftermarket support which is why they can be made fast for cheap but even still they look like an escourt. After 92 the 5.0 motor turned to crap.

I beat an evo in hot weather. I saw him racing some slow hondas so i pulled up next to him and raced and won. Soooo........ I heard something about the turbo's getting heat soaked and therefore being less efficient.

MarkVIII93 said:
I beat an evo in hot weather. I saw him racing some slow hondas so i pulled up next to him and raced and won. Soooo........ I heard something about the turbo's getting heat soaked and therefore being less efficient.
I have a little stang that just passed inspection, and is a daily driver, and I'll race any LT1, LS1, LS2, :iconcur: and that isn't even the stang i take to the track, but it runs 5.83's in the 1/8th :Beer not sure what the 1/4 is but i know it would be quick. http://www.silverwestlimo.com/000_0315.MOV

stang1.JPG

stang2.JPG

stang3.JPG

the_1calledgod said:
I have a little stang that just passed inspection, and is a daily driver, and I'll race any LT1, LS1, LS2, :iconcur: and that isn't even the stang i take to the track, but it runs 5.83's in the 1/8th :Beer not sure what the 1/4 is but i know it would be quick. http://www.silverwestlimo.com/000_0315.MOV
oh yea, and if an LS1, etc wants to race at the track... i'll put my 95 mustang turbo charged 347 stroker against anything :). ran 4.248 last week in the 1/8. hope to run it in the 1/4 soon.

95stang.jpg

Oh man sweet! You should be a good run at our Local Quick 8 series, we have some seriously freakishly Evil Stangs here in NJ. Where are you located?

Your Car is hot, any more pics? What turbo and intercooler set up are you running.

q827.jpg

the paint is a little crappy, but she will run :) im using a Garrett OEM: 23507909 turbo pic
(same turbo that is used for the Detroit 60 series). running 120lb injectors custom by "street and performanc electronics", I'm not running an inner-cooler :) and the computer system is stand alone through my POS Compaq with win 98 on it :Beer. I live in Fort Worth Texas BTW. have pretty much only raced locally. I like the look of the orange stang you posted.. its nice :) i have a snap-on paint booth, but haven't really had much time to dick with my cars right now. Between my wife, kid, and work i don't have much time to do dick anymore :( maybe someday though hehe. but for now my cars are just gonna collect dust in the ole shop :Beer.

WOW between a Wife, child and work I have no idea how you have time to post on here? Nice set up. Id love to see this thing on the top half, she will pull like a freight train. You ever run a big turbo car in a full 1/4 mile pass?

Heres a few more of that Pearl Orange Metallic paint, paint is so sick, you cant relly see it in the photos.

q825.jpg

q826.jpg

q835.jpg

q837.jpg

my wife is going to school right now, so she is busy with that (which is kinda nice lol). and my kid is always with the nanny. plus i work alot at the office at night when no one is around, so every second i have im on here lol, and i stay logged in all the time. to answer your question i know this is kinda retarded, but no the car has never made one single pass on a 1/4 mile track. honestly to tell you the truth the car scares me alot.. the paint sucks do to me almost dieing in it when it caught on fire last year :) my black stang i have (the pics i posted above) are about the area im looking to stay in. kinda why i bought the both the mk8's just mess around with. the wife really... really hates it when i go to the track. she likes to make those ever so sweetly comments about your gonna die, and your baby girls isn't gonna have a daddy hehe. so now that every knows my whole life story lol, except for what i do for a living. i would just rather pay someone to run the car if that was going to be my goal.

Well guy different places are going to get you different results...Im in flagstaff arizona where our base elevation is 7000ft nothing runs quick here...you lose 30% hp up here and very few cars can spin'em up here unless your really modded.. neiter my 93 nor my mom's 97 will break them lose at all unless its wet. LOL But In Phoenix you can spin then all day. so just to show you every city is different.

Oklahoma 5.0 Stangs

sho89mtx said:
wow, that is a huge difference! At the track here, they have stangs that have about $5000 invested in them and still only run 13's, it's pretty sad

Man, you need to get out more. Just because you go to Thunder Valley and watch tuner night, doesn't mean you get a good representation of what is driving around in OK. Go up to Guthrie some time and check it out. There are some bad *** Mustangs driving around.

Just some FYI.

Bluesman

Pontiacs Rule!!!

MrWilson said:
Eh, well thats a camaro, so i dont blame it for pulling that little power. If you want a real F body car, the 73 455 Super Duty was where it was at. 380hp, and 400 lb ft...for a car in 73. That motor is so restricted by emmisions, that if you decided to rip out all the factory emmisions passing crap, and replaced the heads, intake, and exhaust to better flowing stuff, for about $6000 you can jump that beast up to almost 550-600 rwhp, and 600-625 lb RwLb-ft. The 400 block is just as potent, cept they wont pull those kind of numbers, yet they will be much cheeper to mod. Heck, just by changing the exhaust to 3" TDE with hooker headers, you can make another 50hp. Pontiacs rock, im sorry...they do.

Yeah, I'll have to agree. I've got a 73 Bonneville with a 400 in it. Raced many a person and beat them every time. I raced an 1st gen Camaro for ten miles on the highway one time at speeds between 80 and 120. I'd let him pull ahead and then I'd foor it, smoke past him, and do it all again. Not bad for a 4800lb car with a weazer emissions motor. I've also had that car to 120mph with seven people in it. I did some pretty stupid things growing up, but hell, I think we all did!!! Oh well, at least I have done some stuff.

Sorry guys, just a little rant on Pontiacs. They are bad to bone and pure mean. So you have to spend a little more, that's what we're doing with our MarkVIII's, right? I know my MarkVIII is my replacement for my Bonnie until I can afford the ground up on her.

As long as it's American, it's cool!

Ok guys a few things let yous know here.....I have a bunch of friends that are 4th gen f body nuts....so i know these cars and are around them....first of all...there is NO WAY IN HELL a V6 will hang with a mark VIII....my buddy has a 99 3.8 v6 with headers, cat back, computer tuning and 3.73's and I SPANK him with my bone stock 95 mark 8.......as for the ls1's cars.....I 3 buddies with them..all automatics... 1 has a 2000 camaro SS that ran 13.1 with cat back and cold air package, 1 has a 98 ws6 that ran 13.2 and another has a 2000 firehawk that ran 13.0, he has cat back, cold air, trans go shift kit and the car is computer tuned...now...I LOVE my mark....but it won't beat them in a drag race.........BUT...I've raced all 3 of them at 35 mph and beat all 3 up to about 70mph.....see the mark will drops to first gear till about 40mph...anything over 30 the ls1 will stay in second......so if you guys know someone with an ls1 car and wanna suprise them....take a run from 35mph....they will be defenitely suprised.....I've done it to all 3 of the cars listed and multiple times...just to make sure its not a fluke....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWilson
Eh, well thats a camaro, so i dont blame it for pulling that little power. If you want a real F body car, the 73 455 Super Duty was where it was at. 380hp, and 400 lb ft...for a car in 73. That motor is so restricted by emmisions, that if you decided to rip out all the factory emmisions passing crap, and replaced the heads, intake, and exhaust to better flowing stuff, for about $6000 you can jump that beast up to almost 550-600 rwhp, and 600-625 lb RwLb-ft. The 400 block is just as potent, cept they wont pull those kind of numbers, yet they will be much cheeper to mod. Heck, just by changing the exhaust to 3" TDE with hooker headers, you can make another 50hp. Pontiacs rock, im sorry...they do.

I agree....I'm considered to be a trader in our family for driving a ford product....my dad has always had pontiacs..73 SD-455 trans am, 71 455 ho formula, 74 SD 455 trans am, 75 formula 400 4spd. I'm always catching stuff for having the ford...and there's nothing I can say b/c they will all clean my clock in the lincoln... but then again there's no replacement for displacement

Members online

No members online now.
Back