Battery Drain

LOL, yup! the little tender which I bought last fall, still sitting down on my workshop bench unopened. I'll throw it on later this evening. Got the charger on it for now.

~ Thanks

Hmmm, haven't run the LS in a couple of weeks, go to show it off last night to some guests and the darn battery was drained down somehow.
I do have the trunk off but I had disconnected the trunk switch by it's connector so the lights wouldn't stay on. Not sure why this LS is so subjective to battery drainage within 2 weeks. New battery as of last year. Last time it did this I had left the interior light switch on. That wasn't the case this time.

This known battery drain on the LS is rather irritating. You'd think you could leave a car sitting for a couple of weeks and not have your battery run down.

depressed.gif

My TBird went through something very similar.

Dealer said back in the spring that the AC Control Head, a part that Ford no longer offers, was causing the drain.

I've been waiting almost all summer for my dealer to get the part from the mfg (Visteon) warehouse in Mexico. Seems Visteon has 15 units that are all scheduled for the trash pile. The problem is getting the part from Mexico to the USA.

Now, I've been told that the part is in the Midwest at a Visteon site, and should be here any day now...any day now... any day now...

Members online

No members online now.
Back