Backup camera?

umm, and your rear view mirror? lol. I think someone here just installed one with a switch. I think it was a gen1 and they put the switch up by the sunroof control

umm, and your rear view mirror? lol. I think someone here just installed one with a switch. I think it was a gen1 and they put the switch up by the sunroof control

with all of the AVIC's and most of the AVH's, it can be selected as any other source. also its great for when you pulling a small trailer, so you can get a better veiw of it, especially with sharper corners.

That is very cool Alax! The video n such was off your ipod? It looked like TV @ one point...?

Also I heard the V1! WHERE ARE THE INSTALL INFO???

And what ever happened with the turbo install!??? I thought your car was gone while it was being built?

So many questions you never answer us!!!!!!!!

with all of the AVIC's and most of the AVH's, it can be selected as any other source. also its great for when you pulling a small trailer, so you can get a better veiw of it, especially with sharper corners.

true, I dont think I would hitch a trailer on my ls though.

That is very cool Alax! The video n such was off your ipod? It looked like TV @ one point...?

Also I heard the V1! WHERE ARE THE INSTALL INFO???

And what ever happened with the turbo install!??? I thought your car was gone while it was being built?

So many questions you never answer us!!!!!!!!

The news were from the tv tuner that is hooked up to one of the inputs on the video interface. Then I turn on the ipod and played Hitch, it plays through the video interface, but I have to hit input on the tv tuner remote control to get the ipod screen.

V1 was installed 2 weeks ago but not mounted in the cluster yet. I just placed the stealth unit by where you did in front of the cluster.

Turbo wasn't installed over christmas break,I didn't have it the whole break, 5 weeks. The holidays slowed everything down with all the shops so they couldn't get it done by the time I needed my car back. I'm going to take it back down over spring break to be installed. I really hope its goes on this time. I didn't want to say anything until I brought it home so it was a for sure that it was installed, but you got it out of me.

true, I dont think I would hitch a trailer on my ls though.
i had one on my 1st gen to pull a jetski, now i'm about to put one on my 2nd gen so i have a spot to mount a bike rack.

But it won't work with the stock NAV system as the mirror has the microphone for the voice commands.

you can use the nav system without voice commands.

Im not keeping the stock system forever either.

I think I am. Its good enough for what I need it for. If I had the base unit with no navigation I would definitely upgrade, but I love the stock look too much to give it up.

It will fail eventually as anything with moving parts.

the double din pioneer units just have so many more features...they come with ipod and backup camera ready.

odd question..but does the mirror function as a mirror through the video portion when you dont have it activated?

yes, the video screen is covered with a slight mirror tint, so when there is no video playing, you can see whats reflecting

Alex i have the same nav i put the i pod wire with with factory radio i think they sent me the video box can you tell me what brand and stuff you used bc i was just about to go out and buy a new nav unit but if i can keep it stock looking i would love to

You know if there's a way to wire in a back up cam to an aftermarket stereo so that it'll display on screen when you're in reverse? I would think that you could tap off the reverse lights to turn on the cam, which shouldn't be a problem. On the head unit is there a way to get it to display when the cam turns on? Without having to manually switch it to video in?

You know if there's a way to wire in a back up cam to an aftermarket stereo so that it'll display on screen when you're in reverse? I would think that you could tap off the reverse lights to turn on the cam, which shouldn't be a problem. On the head unit is there a way to get it to display when the cam turns on? Without having to manually switch it to video in?

yes almost all aftermarket mobile video or nav systems, have a camera input, and a reverse trigger wire to know when to switch over to that source.

You know if there's a way to wire in a back up cam to an aftermarket stereo so that it'll display on screen when you're in reverse?

i was just about to go out and buy a new nav unit but if i can keep it stock looking i would love to

Yeah I know but I wanted the stock look, as I'm sure onefreshls does as well from his post.

I love my backup camera, so helpful when backing into spots to see how far back I can go.

^^^^ +1
Especially with tint at night!

oops. Sorry, I read it as you stating that most after market headunits had camera input, not that you asked if they did. Like 1Loudls said about about aftermarket units, the video interface I have works how he described. When you go into reverse, the video interface switches screens over tot he back up cam.

At 1:05, you can see me put the car in reverse and the screen switches to the reverse camera.

Lincoln LS Video interface with back up camera - YouTube

alex i will look bc i talked last year to a company to get the ipod to work with factory nav and i know it was two units they sent me to make it work but the box i think does video if i have time later i will look ok thanks bro

oops. Sorry, I read it as you stating that most after market headunits had camera input, not that you asked if they did. Like 1Loudls said about about aftermarket units, the video interface I have works how he described. When you go into reverse, the video interface switches screens over tot he back up cam.

At 1:05, you can see me put the car in reverse and the screen switches to the reverse camera.

Lincoln LS Video interface with back up camera - YouTube

Oh yea, nice. I didn't wanna get a backup cam if I had to switch it on the unit when backing up I know eventually i'd get sick of doing that and wouldn't get used
btw did you receive the grille?

alex i will look bc i talked last year to a company to get the ipod to work with factory nav and i know it was two units they sent me to make it work but the box i think does video if i have time later i will look ok thanks bro

Post up if what they sent you doesn both audio(ipod) and video.

Oh yea, nice. I didn't wanna get a backup cam if I had to switch it on the unit when backing up I know eventually i'd get sick of doing that and wouldn't get used
btw did you receive the grille?

You wire it to a swithc but I think most back up cameras have the atuo switch wire when you go into reverse. No I didn't get it yet, maybe today?

Members online

Back