Autozone FTMFW!!!!

LaserSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So here is something I was just so amused with I had to share. I had to go to Autozone to get a part that they said they have. I was almost positive they didn't and had a suspicion the lady hadn't a clue what I was looking for. The rare and mysterious Mustang banjo bolt. They are a special and odd size and the dealers don't even stock them.

So I get into this Autozone and was surprised to see 6 employees working, more surprised they were all female. Only ever seen one at an Autozone before. So I wait in line and there is a Spanish individual (in very broken english) that he needs to screw in his rear caliper for new pads. She wasn't understanding and was looking up new calipers, new pads etc etc. So I calmly say "He needs to rent the tool to compress rear calipers on Ford cars."
She gives me a blank stare and says something I just don't understand. I then realize she is either Indian or Pakistani and has very poor english as well. So I get to the parts rental thing they have on the counter and point out the tool. All smiles, everyones happy. I am thanked.
So I see the next lady and tell her what I need and I can see its not going anywhere, shes clueless. So while I let her run off and pull more parts (even though I said the part she wanted to pull wouldn't have it) I overhear another AZ employee telling another lady what her CEL code was. I recognized the code as a bad O2 code Mustang owners often get. The AZ girl tells this other girl "Yeah, that is means (just like that) your cadilladic convertor is bad and its expensive. See it cant store oxygen anymore to calitify the air through the injectors that combusulizes in the intake of the exhaust." ...... :eek: :confused: "See here it is and its expensive and then you have to go to the dealer to have them install it cause its a special $100,000 tool they have to put it in but the part is cheaper from us by 75% (they wanted like $600... I could be wrong though) and then you wont fail emissions when you get your safety and you will fail how it is now." We don't have emissions testing here. :lol:
I can see the manager is hearing all this yet says nothing. As the parts girl goes to get the "cadalladic convertor" I tell the girl "She has no clue what shes saying. That error is your O2 sensor." She tells me shes the original owner of her 2007 Explorer and it has 88K miles and shes never replaced it before. So I tell her "You wont fail the safety check and really you are just gonna get worse mileage. Go to a Ford dealer and get the OEM O2 sensors from there and save yourself $1000."

She was so happy (and cute) and offered to take me to lunch. Was a very nice lunch and I have her number as she wants to go out with me again. :)

Thanks Autozone and your incompetence. :wrench

LOL And yet another reason i hate Autozone......good luck on the date man, the only good think to come out of going to that damn store!!!!

So she is a chubby chaser, huh?
6'2" 325 myself:D

Epic win ^^^ and I'm fat :D

Thanks mang. :)

When she walked in and I saw her I thought "Damn shes fine, I should ask her out..... no I shouldnt she will turn me down. Life sux, now I want a cheeseburger." :lol:
But she was cute and I wanted to say something to her and that was the perfect opening for me.

Lunch was very pleasent and she is so very nice and overly polite. Her parents moved here from Mexico before she was born and she has no accent at all. 5'4" and 120-125 lbs and is 25 years old. Her eyes are almost green but also have some gold in them. Very pretty. I like this girl and when she asked if we could get together later this week I almost choked. I thought she was just being very nice for the money I saved her but she was genuinly interested. :dancefool

nice!!!! yea the AZ over here is the same way......there is one girl that works there.....when she answers the phone i just hang up

:q:q:q:q man, maybe that dark ass cloud has started to clear a little. Good luck, and make sure her story checks out. Might be wanting you for her green card. :lol:

Looks like your luck is finally changing.

Well I I'm amazed that getting a date at Autozone could even be done right .. But then at Autozone they don't know anything about cars ... I guess Sex sells ... LOL

So here is something I was just so amused with I had to share. I had to go to Autozone to get a part that they said they have. I was almost positive they didn't and had a suspicion the lady hadn't a clue what I was looking for. The rare and mysterious Mustang banjo bolt. They are a special and odd size and the dealers don't even stock them.

So I get into this Autozone and was surprised to see 6 employees working, more surprised they were all female. Only ever seen one at an Autozone before. So I wait in line and there is a Spanish individual (in very broken english) that he needs to screw in his rear caliper for new pads. She wasn't understanding and was looking up new calipers, new pads etc etc. So I calmly say "He needs to rent the tool to compress rear calipers on Ford cars."
She gives me a blank stare and says something I just don't understand. I then realize she is either Indian or Pakistani and has very poor english as well. So I get to the parts rental thing they have on the counter and point out the tool. All smiles, everyones happy. I am thanked.
So I see the next lady and tell her what I need and I can see its not going anywhere, shes clueless. So while I let her run off and pull more parts (even though I said the part she wanted to pull wouldn't have it) I overhear another AZ employee telling another lady what her CEL code was. I recognized the code as a bad O2 code Mustang owners often get. The AZ girl tells this other girl "Yeah, that is means (just like that) your cadilladic convertor is bad and its expensive. See it cant store oxygen anymore to calitify the air through the injectors that combusulizes in the intake of the exhaust." ...... :eek: :confused: "See here it is and its expensive and then you have to go to the dealer to have them install it cause its a special $100,000 tool they have to put it in but the part is cheaper from us by 75% (they wanted like $600... I could be wrong though) and then you wont fail emissions when you get your safety and you will fail how it is now." We don't have emissions testing here. :lol:
I can see the manager is hearing all this yet says nothing. As the parts girl goes to get the "cadalladic convertor" I tell the girl "She has no clue what shes saying. That error is your O2 sensor." She tells me shes the original owner of her 2007 Explorer and it has 88K miles and shes never replaced it before. So I tell her "You wont fail the safety check and really you are just gonna get worse mileage. Go to a Ford dealer and get the OEM O2 sensors from there and save yourself $1000."

She was so happy (and cute) and offered to take me to lunch. Was a very nice lunch and I have her number as she wants to go out with me again. :)

Thanks Autozone and your incompetence. :wrench

This is why retail-based auto parts suppliers are dying, lol. I'm stuck working in NAPA hell right now, but not even the drivers we have employed there are this stupid; at least they know to shut up if they don't have any idea what's wrong with a car.

And yes, the local Autozone here is just as big of a joke.

you got the date because you used your rewards card, you had 5 store credits on the card so they sent you on a date!!

seriously though good story, now go out with her again and get yourself a steady woman and spend less time on here telling us about your autozone horrors!!!!

did you get this elusive bolt? As I work for AZ, I'd like to know what store # that was...sounds like some managers need some remedial customer service training.

Laser always has an interesting story to tell... it just takes up half the page :lol:

you must have a real bad AZ, i tried applying there a few years back and they asked a bunch of car related questions that i couldn't answer and they said thanks and would consider my app. all the car guys i talk to at AZ, NAPA, etc... are car guys

Members online

No members online now.
Back