Are arnott front air bags still available?

tolincoln

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Are arnott front air bags still available ? I can't find them listed on there site.

i hear they have been discontinued... a member a while ago said arnott had no more to warranty his defective bag.

X2. They have been discontinued for a month or so now. I'm working on another aftermarket strut. Its a new assembly. The strut has a 1 year warranty, but the air spring part has a lifetime warranty.

When will this b available?
What's the cost?

The prototypes....minus the top mounts, are on my desk as we speak/type. They will be ready for sale/testing this week. A pair shipped will be $600.

These are fitted with a larger solenoid(included), which with the right system, can lower raising & vent times dramatically.

I will be sure to check these out Eddie. I have gone back and forth and back and forth with my suspension ideas and have decided that I would like to stay on air if I can. My car is a daily driver in the summer but also an aggressive naturally aspirated track car. I am shooting for low 13s this year and want a good suspension setup to net me lower short times to help accomplish that.

The nose of my car is slamming right now so I need front bags but I don't necessarily want to pay full price for OEM because I have other issues to address with the car and I'm on a budget.

Is the strut/shock just as firm or firmer then a new factory oem air strut?

Hey Eddie I just did Ed diaz's 98 this weekend after we got the correct strut back. I never drove a mark with brand new factory motorcraft struts man was it awesome to drive and he is a happy camper thanks man!

Are arnott front air bags still available ? I can't find them listed on there site.

And it would be great that we can't get these as they are a POS

Hey Eddie I just did Ed diaz's 98 this weekend after we got the correct strut back. I never drove a mark with brand new factory motorcraft struts man was it awesome to drive and he is a happy camper thanks man!

Eddie always come through with product. Thanks

X2. They have been discontinued for a month or so now. I'm working on another aftermarket strut. Its a new assembly. The strut has a 1 year warranty, but the air spring part has a lifetime warranty.

And again the proof is in the pudding ...

About time. Arnott struts were garbage. Trust me i went through a set. They ride very harsh and start making clunking sounds soon after purchase.
I installed a used Motorcraft set,USED with 77 k miles on them and even those ride so much better. Car does leak down in the front from time to time. So I will be purchasing a set of OEM ones at some point.

Thanks guys. Good deal Jamie. Glad his Mark is doing well. He seems to be a really good guy.

As far as the ride goes, that remains to be seen. I was going to put these on my Mark(while I still have it) for testing, but I think it would be better for someone that drives one of these daily to test them. This way I'll know whether to continue with the project or can it.

Keep in mind MY main vehicle is a lifted 2000 F-350 Turbo Diesel with 37's. These have a way of making yo a$$ nerves go dead! :D

If your designing a new assembly could you make the shock interchangeable so people could order different levels from comfort to race maybe even adjustable?

I have to agree. If you could make them modular, so that either the bag or shock could be replaced seperately, it would make for a killer product.

I have to agree. If you could make them modular, so that either the bag or shock could be replaced seperately, it would make for a killer product.

I know already one can be replaced without the other. The question is if we have more than one choice for struts. I'm waiting on a call back.

That would be perfect. And thankyou for your continued support of the markviii air suspension.

No problem. Just heard back and there is no other struts available, as this is not something off the self. Who knows, we may do something later on, but we have to kinda find our baseline first. What if the strut dampening is a little on the stiff side for most? We may want to go softer.....we won't know until the prototypes hit the pavement and we get some feedback.

Check out the other post.

Afaik, people want oem quality/ride w/o the oem price.

Your doing a great job Eddie!

I don't know man. Just as many people call asking for something stiffer....while some ask for softer. All you can hope for is to make the most people happy.

I'd bet the majority of people haven't had the pleasure of riding in a Mark w/ new oem assemblies. They're used to worn out oem or Arnott struts which can be very soft.

If anything maybe a little firmer, but nothing drastic. But like you said you have to get a baseline first, if that's not enough for some perhaps a stiffer insert could be developed.

It's too bad Arnott doesn't stock them anymore. They were inexpensive compared to OEM's but too soft and mushy for my taste. So far my Arnott air shocks are doing fine after over a year (crosses fingers). Suncore still sells the old style Arnotts on eBay, but they raised the price to over $200 bucks. I just wish I could have built and marketed my design for a modular air spring/shock assembly. It could have saved folks a lot of money and made it easier to customize the ride and handling characteristics. For me, OEM's are waaaaaaaaaaaay too stupid overpriced. So when my Arnotts crap out, she'll be a lawn ornament.

For those of us on a paycheck to paycheck budget, the Arnott air shocks work(ed) fine. I've bought three sets from them. Two for my '96 (the first set lasted just over a year, so no warranty replacement:(, the second set is still on the car with the new owner after over three years of worry-free driving), and one set for my '97 LSC that are still fine after almost two years (one is actually less than a year old since it was replaced under warranty due to a pinhole leak). I know they're cheap and a lot of people have had bad luck with them. I even had bad luck with my first set. But I can not under any circumstances afford to spend almost $300 -$500 bucks EACH for shocks. In my opinion, that is a fvcking stupid price for what is essentially a beefed up shock absorber. $186 each for the Arnotts was a stupid high price for a shock too, but it was half what an OEM cost. And even if the OEM's last 10 years, you'll spend $600 - $1000 for a set depending on source. If your Arnotts last 3-5 years, you'll spend less than $800 on two sets over the course of 6 - 10 years. So you still save money with the Arnotts if you do the install yourself and don't pay some ridiculous labor costs for what is an hour job at the most. Either way, it's a moot point now because they're discontinued. So unless somebody can come up with an OEM quality alternative for less than $200 a pop, when my Arnotts finally give up the ghost, she'll be sittin' for a while (no, I will not go coils...unless I can find a set of T-Bird SC electronic adjustable coil-over shocks that are in good working order, that is).

Members online

No members online now.
Back