anyone own a caterra? i have a question

BAD97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
im looking at a 98 caterra that my buddies boss owns, it was his dads car, his dad passed away so his son todd took over ownership and gave it to his daughter, well long story short, there is now oil showing up in the radiator, no coolant in the oil, but oil in the coolant, does anyone know what it could be, i heard the caterra's had motor problems, its loaded and only has 79k on it and i can steal it for 400 bucks but i dont know anything about cadillac's and dont want to get myself into a nightmare. my plan is to fix it and give it to my wife the car is in awesome condition. it still runs great too, but i want to know why oil is getting into the coolant. any help is appreciated.

Jamie, the Catera isn't a true Cadillac - its really a rebadged Vauxhall / Opel Omega.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_Omega

If you don't get many responses here, try the Vauxhall / Opel websites - be tons of info on those sites because these are very common in Europe.

HAH! found my answer, faulty engine oil cooler. its a $220 dollar part and it happens to all the catera's from what i have read. so i'll be into a 99 caddy with 79k for $620 bucks and some labor!

Members online

Back