Anyone have trouble starting engine???

cableguynoe

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2001 LS...which I LOVE!!!

But i hate that it hardly ever wants to start the first time. I have to hold the ignition for a long time for it to start or sometimes it wont start until the second or third try.
Very embarissing!!!! :Bang

Anyone else had same problem?? If so how did you fix??

I'm new to this so I apologize if this has already been addressed, i looked but couldnt find anything.

Have you checked the battery and all major connections from the battery to the starter and alternator?

See the sticky started by me on the MarkVIII forum. Chime in with the type of computer you guys have.

I have not checked battery only because it does not sound at alll like a battery problem(then again, what do i know? :slam )

The engine sounds normal....even as it's not starting while holding the igntion(hope that makes sense).

I read your message, MonsterMark, but my issue has nothing to do with weather. I know it's VERY cold over there, but wether it's cold or warm, the car acts the same way.
First time in the morning or even when I've been driving it all day.

Could it still be something in the battery, starter, or alternator?

cableguynoe said:
Could it still be something in the battery, starter, or alternator?
the battery could be gone - it does last as long as most people think....

battery.jpg

I've had the same problem with my 01 not starting..i took t to the shop over 8 time.. i lost count with the problem and the dealer always claim the had fix the problem but not untill i threaten to take them to court for selling me a lemon did they finally get it right.. it had something to do with the fuel something . i think cyl. iono.. but it cost 150 to replace and i had 2 gone number 1 and 5.. so if ur car smelll like fuel when it happen have them check bc i sure dont want anyone go through what i went through..

OH i think it was the injector.. i'm a moron when it come to cars i just know how to drive the crap out of them

It sounds like a fuel or ignition problem. If the car is spinning over normally, and not slow then you can rule out the battery. The alternator only re-charges the battery. If that was bad your car would have a hard time staying running. Low fuel pressure could do it, possibly a fuel pump or leaky injector. You would have to install a fuel pressure gauge and see if the pressure is what its suppose to be. Personally if it happens all the time. Take it to Lincoln. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.
Back