Anyone ever try different things with the Home Depot lip?

DENNISJR60

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm really starting to like how the Home Depot lip mod is looking on LVC member's LS's & was wondering if anyone has tried something similar on the side bottom of the car or on the bottom of the rear bumper? With all the great ideas people on here have come up with there has to be some inexpensive mod that can be done on the side skirts to give it a nicer look.

I was thinking about this too. I dropped my lower filler panels off to get color matched earlier this week. Now I am thinking when I get them back maybe the home depot lip can give me a lower look

Inexpensive to try, go for it.

@ Alax7, I was kind of hoping you would try it first haha. I am getting my stuff back later this week (car looks section 8 with the grill out and the filler panels missing), then I will make a trip to the Depot. I don't think it will look good on the back but on the font and sides hmmm maybe.

My only question is about the ends that get cut. Isn't the weatherstrip hollow? What do you do to close the ends?

Alax painted his OEM skirts, the lip would be goofy on his.

I still want some LSE skirts, but the price for new is ridiculous.

Its not hollow, its solid. I'm gonna put some on the rear window lol (just to get an idea of how the spoiler would look)

I would try it but it's not in my mod list. I already have 06 side skirts in my garage wainting to go on, so I'm covered on making the side skirts looks better.

Alax painted his OEM skirts, the lip would be goofy on his.

I still want some LSE skirts, but the price for new is ridiculous.

Yeah it is. I asked ken a while back how much they were. About 1k for the pair. I got mine for 100 each

Did you get them off a trashed LS or something?

I keep my eye out for wrecked 06s locally, but not many LSes around to wreck.

Maybe what I am calling filler panels are actually the oem skirts. They were black (as seen in my pic) and I am having them color matched.

Did you get them off a trashed LS or something?

I keep my eye out for wrecked 06s locally, but not many LSes around to wreck.

Yeah, junked 06. Checked car-part.com and to my surprise there was a pair 30 miles from me in a junkyard. The ls was gone but they kept the side skirts

Maybe what I am calling filler panels are actually the oem skirts. They were black (as seen in my pic) and I am having them color matched.

Filler panels :confused:

Side skirts or rocker panels are what I know them as

@ Angel12 They are very easy to remove. Just plastic push pins for the most part on the rocker panels. The front bumper has one rivet on each side, and a bunch of screws. The back bumper has 4 rivets total (two each side) and a hand full of scews. As far as cost goes... it will cost me about $50 my friend owns a bodyshop so he is doing it for me. I am just paying for paint and he has his own mixing bank.

@Alax7 I guess the rear bumper surround, rocker covers, grill, and lower bumper surround would be the right way to describe it. I guess I may be getting lazy

I thought about doing this after i did my front lip but i think it would look funny and cheap just my opinion.

Hey anyone have a picture of this lip, and maybe even a web page for this.
Would like to see the price and avalabilty. Wasn't there even a how to on this. I can't seem to find it,could someone direct me thanks.

I thought about doing this after i did my front lip but i think it would look funny and cheap just my opinion.

After seeing the lip on your car, I decided I need to do the lip my car as soon as I get everything back from the bodyshop. I didn't know it was solid, for some reason I thought the HD mock Mach1 (get the pun) was hollow.

Members online

No members online now.
Back