Anybody else here into RC?

97stscaddy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there has to be some other people here who run RC cars, planes, helis, in some way shape or form. Post up some pics! Lets see what you have, and what you have done to them.

I have a Traxxas Slash, as well as 4 other vehicles, and I got to play in the snow yesterday. Took some pics. Nothing special on this one except paddle tires on the back and a 17x2 speed gems motor.

slashsnow3.jpg

slashsnow1.jpg

slashsnowgone.jpg

This would have been a great shot but I missed the part where it was upside down.
slashsnowflip.jpg

slashsnowjump.jpg

Best shot of the day, took about ten tries to get this one right.
slashsnowbigair.jpg

And the aftermath...
slashsnow4.jpg

This thing is just a ton of fun! :D

Nice! I got a traxxas staduim truck, don't remember actual model name. I got it about 5 years ago. Has a .18 and put in a 2 speed trans. I haven't touched it in about a year, been playin with 4-wheels lately. I also have a nice classic RC-10 buggy.

You have any nitro cars?

my buddy is really into it he has some drifter RC brushless he uses and crawlers fun stuff

No nitros yet for me. I keep saying I'm gonna get one, but I always end up spending the money on something else. :p I've got two road cars, one set up for drifting, which I haven't even driven since I git it all put back together, and the other I bought to use for a good handling car, but the chassis setup in that one seems to be fairly good for drifting, so I might switch them.
And then I have two other stadium trucks, a brushless Rustler, and an Evader ST with a 9T "racing" motor. The Rustler has been my speed run car lately, and last week I got it up to 56 mph according to the telemetry screen on my radio. I then promptly wrecked it. :p

How old is your RC10? One of those in good shape is worth some money these days.

Crawlers are really taking off. Id say that's probably the fastest growing RC hobby these days. Id love to get one of those too, but like I said, I keep finding other things to spend the money on.

th_0326081503.jpg

here is a crappy cell phone video of the little gas powered truck... Its fun to run but i dont get a good chance to do so much but i cant wait tillit gest warm and i can run it more

I think my RC-10 is a mid 80s. I got it from one of my Dads friends when I was younger to get me in the hobby. It has the gold chassis and if I remember correctly that was only for specific years....but I might also be making that up!....maybe I just have no clue

I only got into the Hobby about 2yrs ago, always wanted to but it can get expensive, so far I own

Traxxis T-maxx 3.3
Supercub- Starter airplane
Blade CP Pro- advanced helicopter

All 3 are out of commision at the moment the T-maxx needs a glow plug, the Cub needs a few things and the Blade needs a pilot that can fly it..

If its a gold pan, then its really worth something now. Especially if you still have all the white nylon parts, since they don't make them any more.

Expensive? That gets the understatement of the year award! :p Once you get into this stuff it costs a friggin mint to keep the ones you have going. And then every time you go to the hobby shop there's always that one sitting on the shelf telling you to buy it.
I've been looking at a Blade MCX heli for a while now, and now a bunch of the technicians at work have now gotten into mini helis. Watching those things fly around the shop has me hooked now. :p The only thing holding me back from getting one, is that the hobby shop is out of them.

I used to be into them. Ive had several acually, all electric though.

Traxxas Stampede
Traxxas Rustler
Duratrax Evader
Team Losi Mini Slider- Brushless setup

The Mini Slider was a blast to toy around with, and was increadibly fast for its size.

oh hell a RC thread, i havent touched any of mine since i was 16~ish lets see if i can remember what i had
lunchbox: sold
junior2: sold
LXT: still have
grasshopper: sold
optima: sold
RC10 (carbon fiber chassis, first generation with the "stealth" trans): still have
RC12 (pos used rolling chassis i got cheep, never was right): sold
bullhead (clodbuster w/semi body): still have
uhhhh boats lets see, both ewre the same brand i cant remember the name but its in germany
mambo (got a prerelease version all assembly instructions were in german, thank god for pics)
typhoon
and as for planes, well no RC but if anybody knows what control line is i have too many to list. flew from when i was 4 till i was 18, every once in a while ill pick up a handle and play. i flew: racing, stunt, and i dominated carrier (7 time national champion :cool:)

oh hell a RC thread
You say that like its a bad thing? :p

I had no idea they had competitions for control line planes. I had one of those when I was a kid and got tired of it pretty quick, also got pretty dizzy... :p

I have a Traxxas Revo 2.5 with a 3.3 engine and a pan car.

MarkVIII_Nascar1.jpg

MarkVIII_Nascar2.jpg

You say that like its a bad thing? :p

I had no idea they had competitions for control line planes. I had one of those when I was a kid and got tired of it pretty quick, also got pretty dizzy... :p

not as a bad thing but it meant i had to try and remember all the crap i had

and yes theres control line contests all over the country. you get used to the dizziness. what did you have some .049 cox plastic plane from toys r us? most kids got those and they sucked and barely flew. the "real" CL planes are usually made from balsa wood (almost the same as all rc but just different controls) and they fly great, we can do everything rc can except for a barrel roll :D

I used to work in a hobbie shop while I was going to school. I would make money and spending before I got out the door! I used to be really into it when I worked there but after I quit and didn't have the discount anymore it wasn't as much fun.
Traxxas T-Maxx- Sold
HPI Nitro RS4- Sold
Tamiya Mini Cooper- Still own
Traxxas Bandit- Still own

Both remain vehiches are at my Mom's house and there both elec so there not that hard to get up and running again oh and the Bandit is still bone stock! I went to the Traxxas website and they now offer a brushless system for it!!! The Tamiya Mini Cooper was all decked out with all/most Tamiya mod's offered for it! Only thing was I couldn't find the right foam tire combination for it so I would have to order the racing rubber tires from Tamiya every other week or so if I was racing it at the track! That was a pain cause they seem to go out so freak'n quick during a race! Man all the memorys are coming back now! It has a 19 turn lightspeed (forget the pinion I was running), Novak Super Rooster, Tamiya Ball diff, Tamiya CVD's, Ball Barings all the way around, I even used a table top weighing machine to balance the F'Mer with those little lead weights!!! WOW, I needed a girlfriend back in those days... lol
Another thing I realized, I could do more to a 10th scale Mini Cooper than I can do to my full size LS!!! :mad:

All Toys.

The big boys play with 1/4 scale replicas.

55 mph. Pull 3.0g's on turns.

The real deal.

I sell a ton of them.

Boy-Car.jpg

If its a gold pan, then its really worth something now. Especially if you still have all the white nylon parts, since they don't make them any more.

QUOTE]

Really? I'll look for it this weekend and get actual pics.

I at one point had all of these running... not so much now...

Clodbuster
USA-1
Stampede
Mini T
Blackfoot, two of them actually
Gold Pan RC10

Here it is! Tamiya Mini Cooper Front Wheel Drive!!!
Now that I've brought it back to my apartment I want the damn thing to be running again!

MiniCooper1.jpg

MiniCooper2.jpg

MiniCooper3.jpg

MiniCooper4.jpg

not as a bad thing but it meant i had to try and remember all the crap i had

and yes theres control line contests all over the country. you get used to the dizziness. what did you have some .049 cox plastic plane from toys r us? most kids got those and they sucked and barely flew. the "real" CL planes are usually made from balsa wood (almost the same as all rc but just different controls) and they fly great, we can do everything rc can except for a barrel roll :D

I don't even remember what it was. It was plastic though, but it was actually pretty tough. I know I rammed that thing nose first straight into the ground quite a few times and I never could get it to break. It was so much of a toy I figured that's all control line was ever good for. :p Learn something new every day!

All Toys.

The big boys play with 1/4 scale replicas.

55 mph. Pull 3.0g's on turns.

The real deal.
55? That's it?! Pshhh! :p Get a real car!

Lol, jk! Are those Nitro or Gas?

The newest addition to my collection...
Picture007.jpg

E-Flite Blade Cx3. It even has lights! :D They were an add on option for $15. Only like 3 bucks worth of wire and LEDs with a few resistors in there along the way, but I figured $15 was worth it to save the trouble of soldering it together myself. Tons of fun this thing. I bought it last weekend, haven't driven any of my cars/trucks since. I've been flying this thing around inside the house twice or three times a day, terrorizing the cats, and knicking the walls and furniture with the blades every time I crash. :D

Wow. I had LONG forgotten about R/C until I saw this thread! Used to have a Schumacher Cougar II (1/10) and a Mardave Vee Dub. (1/12) Guess I'll get another R/C toy, one day.

Members online

No members online now.
Back