Any wagon fans?

05 LS8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I think the car looks very sharp. It has such a smooth flowing body lines, it blows the competition away. I am not saying because i like, i take that back, i love Jaguar.

Now, i don't know if they will be bringing it to the states right away, but it is a possibility. Can you imagine cruseing around in it, with the supercharged 5.0 liter engine under the bonnet ( i know i am sounding a little fancy with my British terminology).

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/29/jaguar-reveals-xf-sportbrake-ahead-of-geneva-debut/

"If you're of the opinion that the world needs fewer bloated crossovers and SUVs and more station wagons, first of all, you're in good company. Wagons can offer all the cargo capacity and most of the versatility of their taller siblings, only without the wobbly handling and excess weight. Secondly, today's your day, because Jaguar has unleashed its new XF Sportbrake.

Based, as you might have guessed, on the XF sedan, the Sportbrake offers the longer roofing and extra space embraced by European buyers over their saloon counterparts. In fact, the XF Sportbrake offers 550 liters (19 cubic feet) of cargo space with the rear seats in place, or 1,675 liters (59 cu. ft.) with the rear seats folded flat. That's roughly comparable to the Mercedes-Benz E-Class Estate (20.5/57.4 cu. ft. with seats up/down) and Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon (25/58), or in crossover terms, about what you get in an Audi Q5 (29.1/57.3) and a bit less than the back of a Porsche Cayenne (23.7/62.9).

Jaguar in turn says structural integrity is just as stiff as the sedan's, and rear seat headroom has incidentally increased by 48 mm (1.9 inches). All that, and the Sportbrake weighs just 70 kg (154 pounds) more than its four-door counterpart, offset by a self-leveling air suspension. Couple that with a torquey diesel – with either 2.2 liters of capacity in four cylinders or 3.0 liters in six – and an eight-speed automatic transmission and you're looking at an intriguing alternative for towing the motor launch down to the yacht club.

What Jaguar isn't saying, however, is what (if any) of its gasoline engines will be offered in the Sportbrake – most pertinently the V8 and supercharged mills – or for that matter if there are any plans to bring the stately estate to the U.S. market, but we wouldn't hold our breath (that whole X-Type wagon thing didn't work out too well last time). What you can do, however, is scope out the high-res images in the gallery and the press release after the jump until next week when the long-back cat debuts under the floodlights of the Geneva Motor Show"

6797757498_fe179e2d3b_b.jpg

6943870863_0e1ed67ce9_b.png

6943870913_7a62cb8040_b.jpg

Damn thats nice. I'm also a fan of the CTS-V wagon, though the back end of the CTS isnt as elegant as that Jag

I am not crazy about wagons either, but they did an outstanding job with it. Especially the rear end, where i always felt BMW, Benz, now Cadillac, never put enough effort in making it part of the whole vehicle.

Thumbs up to Ian Callum!

yes i want XF Sportbrake. Even more so if it comes with a diesel stateside (3L v6 AJD).

That's nice. I'm not sure I'd own one, but I'd drive one around for a few days.

Not bad... and the Magnum was a nice transition (attempt) into the wagon world... Id take IT, over most any other wagon of that time period...

Not bad... and the Magnum was a nice transition (attempt) into the wagon world... Id take IT, over most any other wagon of that time period...

Yeah...you can actually get a V8 and rwd from one. Cant say that for any other wagon that i know of.

Not a big fan of this Jaguar wagon though. Id rather have XF or previous generation XJ.

A few years back I had a small lawncare business and my mode of transportation was a 1973 Ford Galxie 500 Country Squire wagon (holy mouthfull...). It was great because I could fit a lawnmower, leaf blower, weedeater and garbage bags, hoses, and all my other crap in the back of this beast. And when I was done I just parked it and locked it. Was great, no storage needed. :)

Oh yeah, and it had the super rare engine option (which I won't lie, is the only reason I bought it): the factory four barrel 429, or the "Triple F package" as I called it. Car hauled ASS and got about 7 MPG's but dang, it was beefy.

4303782762_d11559cc1f.jpg

^ Pretty cool.

That car has the biggest hood/nose i have seen on anything.

LOL...the turning radius on those must be horrible.

Like driving an excursion.

Members online

No members online now.
Back