Another Caliper Color Thread

Changing my mind...

but what else is new?

went with the black as you can see above, but i'm not liking them with my current wheels. My wheels are dark so the calipers just blend in. I want something that stands out more without seeming ridiculous or rice. I've done red, and silver so im also looking to do something new. Current look:
1621b7d3.jpg

I was considering using this, with a black lincoln star:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Duplicolor/318/HWP105/10002/-1?parentProductId=763168

i guess to look something like this:
HPIM0893.jpg

what do you guys think?

I think those wheels are sexy as :q:q:q:q lol. I think white would be to eye catching. I'd do silver. I know you already did it. That's just what I would do. I think the bronze would hvw been cool if you left the wheels black but now that they have the silver flake they look more
Gunmetal deep charcoal.

Just from looking at everything youve done so far, I would definitely give color matching a try. The creamy white would require a lot of babying to keep them looking clean, but..... I'm a sucker for color matching ;)

I guess i could try white, but i can imagine how much of a PIA its going to be to keep them clean.

+1 om white... a good clear coat will help with the dust... I dont think it'll be that bad

In need of more opinions

Decided to go with gold, sorry to the guys who were advocating white/color match lol:
411d86f9.jpg

I will be starting tomorrow, however i'm in need of more opinions; should i go fully gold with a black star, or gold and black with a black star? like xford's silver and black, except gold and black. what do you guys think?

xfords calipers:
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=825585&postcount=10

White! White! White! White! lol Just think how sexy they would be when they are clean. Guess it'll be up to me to color match mine...someday lol I'm sure any color will look great on your car!

all one color, makes the caliper look bigger.

White! White! White! White! lol Just think how sexy they would be when they are clean.

thats the thing, these cars are so heavy, they would never stay clean and would be a PITA to clean through the wheels everyday

All one color. Im redoing mine when the weather breaks. Im tired of seeing the dark red, doesnt catch my attention anymore lol

what if you just polished the caliper, to make it a little shiney, has anyone done that?

similair to this
rearcaliper5.jpg

Gold Calipers

Only pic i have for now. Still need to add the lincoln star to the fronts and clear coat. Turned Ok i think. Not sure how i feel yet.

pic: (Filthy car, and i know the grille doesnt completely match lol, i will re-do it soon!)
45d7dd10.jpg

that looks good.

@jerber- it may not pop a lot but the wheels are what should grab most of the attention, the calipers just add some flavor to them.

Not too bad gold.. I like it it's different

Just some friendly suggestions dont take it to heart..
-Clear the side markers
-Get new center caps!!!!
-Where do you get your body parts painted? The whites are a little off everywhere but it could just be the lighting.

I love your car honestly just maybe a few things that would put it over the top in my opinion

@jerber- it may not pop a lot but the wheels are what should grab most of the attention, the calipers just add some flavor to them.

I completely agree with you. Just sayin that I would like a more noticeable color.
I haven't done mine yet cause I'm not sure on what color to go with.

The black wheels is what makes the gold calipers look cool as sh!t. The black and gold reminded me of the Tony Montana chair, I like that color combo.

IMO I don't think it pops enough. It looks good but its not very noticeable.
They pop more than the pictures show, i think its due to the angle the pic was taken at. Ill do a photoshoot at some point to show them better.

that looks good.

The black wheels is what makes the gold calipers look cool as sh!t. The black and gold reminded me of the Tony Montana chair, I like that color combo.

I like the gold!

Gold = Win in my book.

Thanks guys. I was looking for something different that was not too much for LS, and this may just be the answer.

Not too bad gold.. I like it it's different

Just some friendly suggestions dont take it to heart..
-Clear the side markers
-Get new center caps!!!!
-Where do you get your body parts painted? The whites are a little off everywhere but it could just be the lighting.

I love your car honestly just maybe a few things that would put it over the top in my opinion
Oh course not dude, can't give criticism if you can't take it.

-Side markers: Its on my to-do list, but it just doesn't make sense to reopen my lights just to do that. When i finally redo my angel eyes i will be making them clear or at least blacking them out.

-I've been looking for center caps, they're just not a priority. The Jag ones look good with the color of my wheels so i'm not in a rush.

- I guess i can kind of see what you see in my paint from the picture, but its just the picture. Everything matches (other than the grille). It could be the lighting. Also the car wasn't clean so there was a layer of dirt and dust on it, which probably added to this "illusion" lol Everything on my car other than the grille and sideskirts were painted from the factory so it should match lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back