Another Caliper Color Thread

mlara1129

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Sorry to make another one of these, but i haven't really seen too many exploring this idea. I'm thinking about color matching my calipers. My paint is ceramic white pearl (F6). I've done red, silver, and and the crappy stock metal look lol I liked silver because the logo was more visible, but red was really sporty.

What do you guys think, should i go color matched or just keep silver? Here are some pics of what i've done in the past. I'm want to keep the same idea with the Lincoln decal.

Silver:
068f231c.jpg

Red:
40475211.jpg

I like the silver setup more. On some cars, I feel like going with cliche red can give the I'm trying too hard look.

If you clean it often, I think white would look sick.

Id do the color match. Red is generic imo (even tho i have a shade of red on mine).

I like mine red, when they are clean but I am thinking of doing a white, like you see on higher end or maybe even a dark yellow.

Went with black...

couldn't find high-temp white paint in my local auto parts stores, much less ceramic white pearl high temp paint lol I had some paint from paintscratch.com left over but i was reluctant to use it because the silver i used before was non-high temp and it developed a thin brownish layer that i was able to take off with a good scrubbing but not worth the trouble, so just used high-temp black.

Plasti-dipped my lugs.

Talking to an ebay decal company to get some white lincoln stars, or just the word "LINCOLN" in white.

thanks for the input guys.

a49e304f.jpg

let the guy know more will be interested... I'm very interested in a set!!!... how much. He's sure they will hold up to the heat.... DETAILS....lol

let the guy know more will be interested... I'm very interested in a set!!!... how much. He's sure they will hold up to the heat.... DETAILS....lol

Will do. And im sure theyll hold up. The decals you see in my first post are from the same company. Had them for a year or so. I put a layer of clear over them and they held up fine.

Damn those wheels look great. I like the 'dipped lug nuts as well, they match the caliper.

LOL fair enough...its got to have something if you've used it already!... is there a model / part # on the can?

nice... the ebay guy have a link to anything related to this or is it more of a special request thing

I like the silver setup more. On some cars, I feel like going with cliche red can give the I'm trying too hard look.

If you clean it often, I think white would look sick.

+1....I'd rather see black over red anymore.

Looks great.

What about power coating them white with a black lincoln star

Maybe not. Did a quick search and it looked better in my head

Members online

No members online now.
Back