Another air ride issue...

codycobra98

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So ive done some searching and Ive read a thread about replacing rear bags.

I got the old ones off in like five minutes and got the new ones twisted in to the top bracket in about another five mintues.

I have the car on jack stands and have a jack underneath both lower control arms in an attempt to get the bottom of the bags through the hole in the lower control arm.

After fighting with it I got them both lined up in the holes of the lower control arm and turned the key on so the compressor would air up the bags and push them through the holes in the lower control arms. It worked on the driver side but the assenger side is not airing up to push itself through the hole. I tried messing with the rear height sensor, the solenoid and connector are both plugged in on both bags. That is also the side that the old bag had a hole in it (im replacing both rear bags).

I fought with this for like three hours lol. something that should have only taken half an hour.

Any advice will be extremely helpful. Thanks

Is that something I can mess with to get it working? Or will it need to be replaced?

Thanks

hey buddy go back and take the selenoid out and check the 'o' ring make sure when you put it back goes in pretty tide. it happened to me and did it again it work . good luck lasc2dabone latter

turns out when its dark and Im trying to work on my car I cant see some important things. Went out to my car this morning and realized that the solenoid on that side wasnt up and turned in enough to be locked. Problem solved and mission accomplished. Thanks, fab for pointing me to the solenoid!

Members online

Back