Annoyed with Duplicolor

I thought about POR 15 for the oil pan. But, it doesn't come as a spray and a brushed on finish will look odd. Bare in mind my car will NEVER see a salty road ever again.

Can you see your oil pan?

Also POR15 is really self leveling, when I did the bottoms of my doors you can't even see brush marks....

Lol. No I can't see my oil pan, but I'll know what I did! :D

Well, if it doesn't leave nasty brush strokes, I guess I could give it a try... Takes high heat ok I assume?

If it does, great. If not, well, I see they do a POR 20 for high heat.

If that POR 15 does a good job on the pan, I'll use it for everything - repaint the whole underside of the car with it.

I just recommend it for the fact that it is tough :q:q:q:q, and the oil pan job is not one you want to do twice!

That's not a job I'm looking forward to...

Speaking of which, I'm not looking forward to stripping the car apart to sand down and re-paint the entire underside. Needs to be done though - etched in salt has really damaged the paint.

Hey, KK.

I see there is a whole bunch of POR 15 products.

What do I need? Just the regular anti-rust in a red tin?

Edit: I see in their six pack deals, they offer different colors. Guess I'll go with those then and get semi-gloss black. Shame they don't do a dark blue! Lol.

Yeah, cool. I'll get the original in that six pack. (makes sense to have a few small tins rather than one big tin that I'd have to keep opening up) I'll get that, and all the prep stuff.

Well, I still wasn't happy with my coil bracket, so I stripped it and did it again using the tips from the people here. Still used the Krylon anti-rust with hammered finish but turned out real nice! (you were right chicken)

coilbracketlowerface.jpg

coilbrackettopface.jpg

Pictures don't do justice, kinda sparkles and looks like new. (was rusty and horrid before) Might do some more 'dress up' with hammered finish spray. There's abit of grey inside there... Was a hard place to access without causing runs. (a run on that part was why I started over) You won't see that when coil pack is back in.

Well, it's meant for garden furniture and other outdoor stuff, so should be good. Plus, it's only a coil bracket. Heat may be a concern, but we'll see. Don't think that bracket will get hot enough, to be honest.

i know i rock lol yeah i like the hammered finish, it looks just a step off of stock, just enough that only true enthusiasts will notice

Members online

No members online now.
Back