Angel Eye problems

Jrt1418

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I installed angel eyes and they work but they flash with the turn signals. I have them wired:
The brown wire from the angel eye ballast is spliced to the blue/black wire on the turn signal/parking lamp harness and the white wire is spliced to the black/white wire on the parking lamp harness.

Any ideas?

Here is a pic, they turned out good except for this issue.

eyes.jpg

Do they flash when they are on? Mine used to flash with the turn signals when the angel eyes were off. When they were on they did not flash. Now I have LED turn bulbs and they do not flash with the signals any more.

I am pretty sure they will flash when they are on or off but I can't be 100% sure because I pulled the harnesses this morning and dropped the car off at the dealership to have the solenoid replaced. (I can't check) When I tested them before I installed them, they didn't flash but I don't think I had the bulb in the harness. I only checked them when the parking lights were off and turn signal was on this morning and they flashed so they may not when the parking lights are on. I don't want them to flash at all.

Get some LED turn signals and all flashing will go away. Or wire it some other way.

I am looking on DDM tuning for bulbs. I want to get LED's for all four corners so I shouldn't get error messages. I know I need 3157s for the rear but the front bulbs say 3457 for the 06 and I don't see them on their site. Will the 3157s work on the front as well?

I ordered mine from V-LED and it says 3157 3156 4057. Works in the front and rear.

Called DDM and they said the 3157s will work on the front. Thanks again for the help Rod.

Like Rod said, the rings will flash when you have Park lights off (rings off).

But if you ride with Park lights on (rings on) the rings will no longer flash with signal, just signal will flash.

And if you have LEDs in the signals - the rings will stop flashing all together.

I ordered the LEDs (3156/3157) from DDM for the front and rear. Should have them in a few days and the problem will be solved. Thanks again guys.

Members online

No members online now.
Back