Alternative to the M3 lip spoiler

I went back today and took a look at this seller's feedback. It was surprisingly all very good! Lots of comments on perfect paint matching as well. I pm'd the 2 members I found who bought it for their LS' asking for some pics. I'll update if they send, but this is looking more like something worth trying. :)

Last edited:
I went back today and took a look at this seller feedback. It was surprisingly all very good! Lots of comments on perfect paint matching as well. I pm'd the 2 members I found who bought it for their LS' asking for some pics. I'll update if they send, but this is looking more like something worth trying. :)

That's kewl, let us know. It's a fairly inexpensive item. I'm still considering the spoiler cammerfe has used also.

Yes I did. I didn't like the unversal ones at all with the sharp edges.
Hopefully the paint matches, that's my only worry. I was reading up on customer feedback, it seemed everyone was very happy with the paint work.
I am looking forward to receveing it.

Very nice im looking forward to seeing this, How much did it come out to?

Yes, I felt a lot better about those vendors after reading feedback. There was one comment about "hidden fees" due at delivery. That was probably referring to import duties.

Here are a few more ebay lip spoilers a little bigger than the M3 style..
Chevy Malibu
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...emZ110632006270QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT

Acura RSX
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...emZ370101038436QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT

Lexus IS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0Q...emZ220836707555QQsspagenameZSTRKQ3aMEWAXQ3aIT

Last edited:
The one on the Chevy looks the best, at least follows the lines on the rear of the LS.
But, i didn't want anything that big. And, i wouldn't want something off of Chevy on my car.

Did anyone order the m3 style one that this thread was actually about? I really wanted to see what it looked like :)
seekonkholen1, you said you were going to order it, what happened??

Did anyone order the m3 style one that this thread was actually about? I really wanted to see what it looked like :)

I believe 05 LS8 bought something he is gonna try out.

I got cold feet after reading the posts with the seller reply to the emails that were sent.

I believe 05 LS8 bought something he is gonna try out.

yeah but its not the m3 one, was just really interested in that one. Think he's just getting a small lip one that a few others have I think.

I got cold feet after reading the posts with the seller reply to the emails that were sent.

yeah don't blame you there, the reply's weren't so great but idk. Thought some one would pull the trigger lol

The one i bought resembles M3/M5 spoiler a lot more than the one pictured in the first post.
As some of the members said, that one is too curvy for a Lincoln LS. That would look nice on a E90 M3, which has a rounded off trunk lid on it.

I expected to get some pics from the Ebay members who bought the TM3 spoiler for thier LS'. If you google, you can find pics of it on other cars. The pics in Ebay ad are decieving. It's actually no wider than the regular M3 lip spoiler. The one pic showing curvature at the end is a close-up and only shows about 3-4 inches of the end, making it look wider than it really is.

Last edited:
Can't wait to see it on your beautiful LS ^^

The seller sent me the dimensions of this one.. L53" W1.5" H.08"

I think our trunk lids are 48" wide at the rear, but the seller claims they can adjust the length to fit, just like the seller of the TM3 spoiler in the OP.

The one on the Chevy looks the best, at least follows the lines on the rear of the LS.
But, i didn't want anything that big. And, i wouldn't want something off of Chevy on my car.
I'm pretty interested in the Malibu spoiler. I'm trying to get more detailed info on that one as well.
On the way home from the Brett Michaels concert last night (surprisingly good, high energy show!) I looked at over a dozen spoilers on everything from new Mercedes' to Caddy's and Fords. It's getting to be a small obsession!!

Thank you!
I am impatiently waiting....

lol at the obsession comment. I have been in the same situation myself. E63 AMGs and all the CLS's is what got me going.

heres one I like that will fit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...30567138317&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123
Details about item: OEM ACURA TL DECK LID TRUNK SPOILER CARBON BRONZE PEARL #130567138317
Seller has responded to your question about this item

The dimensions are 48 x 8 x 4. Should you decide to purchase this item, there would not be any returns accepted. Thanks for checking us out!

Thank you!

Tracy Schmidt
Best Media Bargains
ebay ID: tlspeanut

Acura_Tl_2008_7.jpg

acura spoiler3.jpg

acura_tl_24.jpg

I like that one too.
Isn't the lid on the LS is under 48"? I think it is, but not much, maybe by 1/4".

Members online

Back